1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dantoni is afraid to coach harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by realonemo, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Mr Chuck Norris

I never disagreed with that. Dantoni AND mchale didn’t coach harden. But mchale is still ass.

Houstunna likes this.
  2. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I can't tell if you are serious or not. Are you a Harden hater that dislike everything he does, or a Harden apologist, trying to be sarcastic, that can't see and admit when he do things the wrong way? I'm neither, I'm a Rockets fan and can look at things objectively from both sides. Either way, we can all agree he's a great scorer that needs to reevaluate and change some things in his game for his and Our Rockets benefit. And he can start by adding the mid range game back into his arsenal, and playing more without the ball coming off screens and picks, and giving an all out effort every night on both ends of the floor.

And we need to get rid of this gimmicky offense. Just play basketball...

DeBeards, Bo6 and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  3. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Yeah, you are right. I meant to say "one of the best scorers". That's more appropriate, even though I think that if changes some things in his game he could be one of the great offensive players. Instead of jacking up 3's and crashing into the lane looking for fouls. It's hard to stop what he does now, he only stops himself by playing foolish.

4. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Actually, people have complained about those things before. Now, yes it stands out more not only because Harden has been highly inefficient for months, but he's not adapting when something is not working.

Noticing any of those things is hardly nit-picking, and just because Harden is our best player (not lately, but still) does not negate his poor play and decision making. He needs to better himself just like anyone else does, and right now he has opportunities. Superstars don't go through 10 week slumps, and he is absolutely in one, so what's his action plan to get out? Do the same things. That's not good enough. That includes MDA's accountability to him to be a better coach, and Harden's need to press his coach if something is not working.

#44 bro2044, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    DeBeards, xtruroyaltyx and Houstunna like this.
  5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

you can't coach Harden. Morey coddled him into oblivion. He'll tune you out in a nano-second and get you fired. He's up there with Kyrie, Antonio Brown, and Manziel with just better PR

Houstunna likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing new. Harden hasn't changed. He seems to what he wants as MDA watches. It's always been that way.

Houstunna likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. That's why it's embarrassing that he is still saying he is the best in the world. If his game was as great as his ego we would all be happy campers.

J Sizzle, xtruroyaltyx and bro2044 like this.
  8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Shiit.... this should've been your first response.

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Show me some videos of DanAndToni "Coaching" anyone?
    I mean . . .I want to know what that looks like
    Cause seems like the coach in practice type of guy

Rocket River

10. smp

smp Member

Harden hasn’t been playing well but who has?

When he is on, nobody can stop him. The hero ball he was playing at the beginning of the season wasn’t sustainable. At some point, he needs the rest of the TEAM to help out a little.

Westbrook shows up ready to play but even he doesn’t play back to backs. Who else can you count on to put points on the board?

There’s something going on behind the scenes we don’t know about. Has to be something that has James pissed off or frustrated or causing him to lose focus. It’s sure seams mental.

I’ve never been one of the best in the world at anything so I don’t know what it’s like to have the drive to get to that level and stay there. It’s got to be tough though. Some players seem to have the mental game dialed in while others struggle.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

he needs to get back to lead-the-league-in-assists type harden...

big cavaet being that offense would need to change too. this is going to be a wild rest of season ride guys. buckle up.

smp likes this.
  12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Mostly agreed, except Harden needs to be ON in the playoffs more often.

Westbrook too for that matter. He usually sucks.

Playoff opponents/series are tougher than regular season, but the true greats step up anyway.

HP3 and smp like this.
  13. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Shoulda been JVG

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Gimmiky offense top 2 in offensive efficiency???? Maaaan, miss me with that stuff

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

A gimmicky offense that works for most of the regular season because NBA teams have to play different teams every other night and fails almost always in the playoffs because it's easy to scheme against over a 7 game series.

PDJACK7 likes this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

That's every team dude, ive already discussed this with you. All team's offense get worse in the playoffs and I dont care how much we drop, our offense is still better than other's when they face good defenses.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes they do but Harden specifically has the most dramatic change his scoring efficiency out of all the stars with a large sample size in the playoffs. We are speaking in relative terms here.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

And yet Harden has never lost a playoff series to a team less talented than his. And yet Harden has gone toe to toe with teams much better than his, and yet Harden posted better stats than both Curry and Durant in our series last year.

D-rock likes this.
  19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Did Houston losing to portland in the 1st round and an injured Spurs teams never happen? houston was favored and the higher seed in both series btw.

Also should be noted, Harden lost to a Klay & Dray led Warriors to team in 15-16 (steph injured in 2nd game and missed the rest of game/series).

#59 blahblehblah, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    cheke64 likes this.
  20. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The first five of rafer Alston, CASSELL, Brooks, Kenny Smith and Steve Francis are for sure better than harden.

Alston was on the 20+ straight wins rockets team so rafer Alston and Brooks included was for sure better than harden.