1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Russ our new MVP?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hikanoo49, Feb 29, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep, they both find ways to score easily when the other one is on the bench. They are both great.

2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

That’s a simple minded take.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

WMVP! wMVP! WMvP!

[​IMG]

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

No, not yet, but Westbrook has been better than Harden in the Year 2020.

5. SemisolidSnake

This season? Most Valuable Player? For this team? Absolutely. We're allowed to have a different MVP than Harden. In fact, that's fantastic news. Because we still have James Harden. Russ has absolutely driven this team to win in many games when everyone else just wasn't quite feeling it. For what he's done for this team this year and for what James has done for this team since he got here, there's no better time to go get these guys a ring.

6. JackLordsHair66

Agree, he carried us the last two months, but the fact is if Harden is not in the game and demanding the attention he gets there no way we win the number of games we have with just Russ as our main star. Despite Harden not exactly being Harden for the last two months, if he suddenly wasn’t on the court for several weeks, We’d be losing a lot of games. All that said, I wasn’t big on Russ the first month and half, but the dude has made me a believer big time ever since ! He’s a gamer and has worked hard to adapt his exceptional athleticism and skills to best benefit this team in an incredible fashion, love his intensity and fire, he’s the real deal !!

HP3 and J Sizzle like this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Harden is the MVP you dont need to get rid of Capela to make him an MVP. WB has been great and def better than cliff paul but Harden is still our best player.

8. riko

riko Member

Dude Russ is playing great mainly because teams are doubling harden and James is letting Russ be Russ. Harden at his best is the best player on this team. I regally don’t know what ur agenda is

King1, roslolian, SS0101 and 3 others like this.
  9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The numbers still strongly point to the offense suffering when Harden is off the floor.

Harden’s otherworldly gravity is what allows Westbrook to do what he does.

To Westbrook’s credit he may be the perfect player to be the one to take advantage of that gravity Harden creates.

King1, roslolian, Htown Stros and 4 others like this.
  10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Our strategy is to exploit double teams and maximize spacing

Everythimg starts from hardens gravity

King1, Blurr#7 and DeBeards like this.
  11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Russ is a superstar just cause me and a lot of you didn’t like the guy before he got here doesn’t Mean he was garbage or not an elite player.

ya he got bounced out the first round but to take a team to the playoffs every year as the guy is hard to do especially that first year without Kd when he didn’t have PG13.

but I think the Doc rivers and now Jaylen brown comments say enough.

Teams pay to much attention to James they forget Russ is also an mvp.

pretty cool we got both on our team and I do see why okc loved this guy he’s fun to watch and MDA has earned my respect for how he’s adjusted to Russ.

We’re getting the best Russ possible it’s scary for the rest of the league.

If teams want to keep overplaying Harden Russ will score 40 and get everyone else involved.

I don’t think Harden cares he wants that championship.

12. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Comment of the night 100%

King1, majicdonjuan and Blurr#7 like this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Uhhh....No, you got that reversed dude.

King1, DeBeards and Reeko like this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is quite literally one of our MVPs. We have two. Batman and Superman.

He can be just as lethal as James, and is capable of being a Finals MVP of a championship team.

Regardless, I hope Mike focuses a bit more on getting Harden in a groove. We have spent a lot of focus on getting Westbrook going, time to get Zulu Beard back.

majicdonjuan and DeBeards like this.
  15. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

I hope MDA has a method for harden to magnify harden strength. The existing small ball is for Westbrooks

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Have you seen Russ scoring efficiency numbers with Harden and without Harden this season?

17. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I think this list says something. Hes probably the 4th best player in the league Russell Westbrook. behind Jokic and Lebron. Who's #1 Luka Doncic

https://www.landofbasketball.com/year_by_year_stats/2019_2020_triple_doubles_rs.htm

I mean maybe that list means something or maybe it dont but on any day give a player, just look at the teams records who on that list :) Not saying much with some of the youngins and of course dramon but maybe there players are the best in terms of doing things for there team. top 50 if you please who playing like hard for there team.

#37 Le$$, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  18. valorita

valorita Member

We are the only team in the league with two mvps in their prime.
    History looks well upon this kind of duo.

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

No, you got to remember that Harden gets doubled and that opens it up for Westbrook to attack. without Harden he wouldn't be able to have freedom like that.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Then why is Russ scoring efficiency the same when Harden is on the bench?