1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is the first time since 2017-18 that I feel the Rockets should win every game they play.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Feb 25, 2020.

1. HookemHorns1250

Should and can are two different things. I feel extremely confident with this team, but there are a lot of talented teams out there. Just have to pray for us to stay healthy, and prove everyone wrong in the playoffs.

2. PatBev

PatBev Member

Lol that was 2 seasons ago

Talking like we’re the Knicks. Stop being so dramatic

hakeem94 and Swish4fives like this.
  3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

let’s hope this discovery is a few years in the future. Like 20 years!

D-rock likes this.
  4. bongman

bongman Member

Are the Rockets the only team that can have games where shots are not falling? Please provide examples of what Memphis does on these situations with switch defense? Secondly, we currently have the lowest turn over rate. So that defensive stat will be lower for them. Lastly, how come you did not mention that we create more turn overs agains any other team. Your not just a debbie downer, you also suffer from grass is greener syndrome.

D-rock likes this.
  5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Dont get me wrong they are do for a good 15 game win streak, but not gonna win them out. I hope they tear up the league, this roster is pretty close to the ariza/moute team, just gotta find that rhythm they had. Westbrook is on, they should win alot of em.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Why do you think he hasn't suited up yet for ATL?

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

In Trump years it basically was a million years ago.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

System larger than stars, but we got our HOFs give us a cushion.
    Our system clicks, we play hustling team D n we play w/ ton of confidence…now we are on right track. That's it.

BaselineFade and D-rock like this.
  9. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I agree im just scared the Harden rules that only apply to him will happen when the playoffs start.

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Well, since we'revin the jinx business, I don't expect us to lose more than 3 games out of the remaining 25.:)

BaselineFade, D-rock and BigShasta like this.
  11. bmd

bmd Member

I’m not talking like we’re the Knicks. I’m saying the 2018-19 team never felt like they clicked. We kept waiting for them to get it together, and they never truly did. I never felt confident they had a real shot to win it all like I did in 2017-18.

And before the trade deadline this season I never felt confident either. But now, the pieces fit. And they now have the personnel to play like they want to. Everything is aligned. And they look good.

This is the first time at any point over these past two seasons that I feel they’ve really got something going.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Without JJ and Clarke.

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

until we lose our next game then yall be yelling trade westbrook and blow it up this offseason

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

DeBeards likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I'd surely take very young CP3 as floor general over very young Westbrook.

Wake Forest (Duncan) over UCLA.

16. Voltik

Voltik Member

There is no GSW this year but I truly don’t trust the NBA anymore after the 2018 WCF and 2019 Game 1 semi.

This team still has questions that the 2017-2018 team didn’t have at this point in the year. Some of these being Westbrook effectiveness/efficiency in playoffs, if Gordon can flip switch on again, hitting 3 pointers, playing solid D in playoffs, House, Carroll, Jeff Green, and Cobocollo (sp). We really need House or Carroll to get going and be consistent on both ends of floor, having both would make this team be equals to 2017-2018 team as RoCo is replacing Capela.

The team currently is more inline with last years team with more potential and identity and possibility of more players stepping up (Ben, Green, House, Carroll, hopefully Cabocollo (doubtful though)).

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. SS0101

SS0101 Member

To good of a post not to like. BUT, feels like morey and the rockets are the ones who keep inventing (or advancing) the weapons here. From iso-ball to pocket rockets. We are taking innovation to extremes

D-rock, Will and Richie_Rich like this.
  18. entaro

entaro Member

Heck I don't have that feeling since the 22 win streak, it's coming back now lol...

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And someone invents the phaser.

DeBeards likes this.
  20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Uh, no. The Rockets still have games left at the Bucks and Lakers. I wouldn't favor them in either of those.

I did think coming out of the All-Star Break however that a 22-6 finish was possible if they remained healthy, got a decent player or two in the buyout market, and didn't take anyone lightly.

On that front, so far so good. They're 3-0 since the break. Over their next 12, I'm hoping for no worse than 9-3(possible losses at Boston, LAL, Portland).