1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have you ever seen someone that can get to rim with this kind of speed/athleticism like westbrook?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IBTL, Feb 13, 2020.

1. i3artow i3aller

Ja Morant is fairly similar when it comes to speed/athleticism despite having a smaller less powerful frame. Scary thinking of Ja with an extra 10 lbs of muscle considering how fearless he already is when attacking the rim.

2. what

what Member

Ja is a passer though, which makes him doubly scary and he has a nice ast/to ratio as a rookie. He isn't cut from the cloth of harden, young and curry, but more like an athlete chris paul.
    The fact that he is so good, so young at protecting the ball, along with tyus jones, who is a mike Conley clone in terms of his game, is a major reason why the grizz are so good so fast.
    The grizz are able to play at a high pace efficiently, if that makes sense.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. i3artow i3aller

Triply scary when you take into account his superior shooting ability. I was just thinking of players with similar speed/athleticism to that of Westy. Rose and Wall were both studs before their injuries. De'Aaron Fox probably reminds me the most of Russ when attacking.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

pre injury Rose may not have the strength of westbrook but I dont think I've seen anyone else that had the sheer speed and explosiveness as a young Rose attacking the basket. He would be downright terrifying in this offense.

Its really a freaking shame how his body broke down he is still pretty good but he lost what made him god-like

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Giannis is basically a 7 foot tall Westbrook.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

7. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Young Jordan. I don't think anyone compared. This video should shut this thread down.

I can't believe that he has do few mentions in this thread. WB is crazy explosive but not MJ explosive.

IBTL, clutchdabear and D-rock like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

2019-20 Stats:
    Antetokounmpo – 30 PPG, 13.5 REB, 5.8 AST
    Westbrook – 27 PPG, 7.9 REB, 7.3 AST

https://spacecityscoop.com/2020/02/...ussell-westbrook-giannis-antetokounmpo/amp/1/

IBTL likes this.
  9. IBTL

IBTL Member

many of us grew up with posters of jordan on our wall. It was a special time.

Jordan has his own category and people talk about kobe being fierce competitor when it was jordan who had the most competitive approach ive ever seen.

Jordan was fast. He didnt have the downhill approach wb does and definitely relied on finesse in his later years.

Yes when he was young he had some amazing bounce. A young jordan is comparable to wb.

Still the list is short and none capture the essence of wb

Francis
    Kobe
    Lebron
    Drose
    Wade
    Wall
    Jordan
    Shawn kemp
    Giannis

BaselineFade likes this.
  10. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

My kids accuse me of living in the 80's still, so maybe I do reference the good days a bit much. Westbrook is faster. But Jordan's raw explosiveness just still seemed ike it was on a different level. No one outside of Shaq punished and humiliated 7 footers the way that Jordan did. I mean he was dunking over dudes 7'1 - 7'2 after taking a pro hop or a jump stop.

Westbrook is one the best athletes that I've ever seen. It's undeniable. I just think MJ is in a class of his own.

D-rock likes this.