1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buyout Candidates 2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Feb 6, 2020.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

D wade vouches for him, thats enough for me. also, beggars can't be choosers. you guys really act like players are beating down the door to come here.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

DeBeards, cerophilik and mockster like this.
  3. rockets13champs

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Waiting on Harkless or John Henson buyouts

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Then D Wade can have him.

Just because we need to add players does not mean we add anyone.

Jeff Green has always been a mental midget of the highest order.

He melts under pressure.

Nooooooo thanks.

jboslett likes this.
  6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Man..Verne would have been perfect for this team.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Is he taller than I T? Sign him up

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not sure how healthy EGo going to be rest of season. Take away his 50 burger vs. Jazz and hes been meh most of season, when available.

9. jjc1

jjc1 Member

He is still under his rookie contract so we can keep him for cheap for the next couple of years if we claim him off waivers. Not terrible as a backup for PJ next year while he continue to grow and improve.

D-rock likes this.
  10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

as opposed to who ? what pressure is he going to face here ? its not like we would be bringing him in to dominate. he probably would take thabo's minutes. he is 6'8 with a 7'1 wingspan and he is a better player than thabo. he is an upgrade. he is cheap. he is available. russ and james are familiar with him. There is no reason to oppose green coming here.

beardsanity713, vator and D-rock like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I was super pissed with the Rockets for not getting him this summer (go look at the thread about him gettng traded to the Warriors for proof lol) while other teams were making moves, i saw him few times with the Hawks and i though he could've been good for us because of his skillset, but i didn't know he came on camp out of shape two consecutive season because of a problem he has with getting overweight, which is likely the reason why the Hawks traded him in the first place so, he might very well be another Waiters, and as today less proven so, yeah, if there's nothing really solid we can get (Harkless at this point is the only potential candidate for me), i'd take a flyer on Spellman, but wouldn't expect much out of him as long as we talk about contending.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

ha! I would take Thabo over him any day.

Thabo might not be as talented but he has heart and wont shy down from competition or physical play.

Green has wasted his talent and never lived up to his potential because he crumbles under pressure.

Get a little physical with him and he is completely taken out of the game.

High pressure game? He will disappear.

Mental midgets like these are the kinds of players you stay away from.

He is a subtraction by addition.

Take him and go away...

[​IMG]

ElPigto and RudyTBag like this.
  13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

not living up to potential does not mean you fold under pressure. he is still a career 13 ppg scorer in the NBA. he is no doubt a better player than thabo for his career. its not even close. he has what we are looking for. he is far more athletic and versatile and mike D would be a great coach to get the best out of him as well as this system.

please show me all the thabo clutch stats since he is so good under pressure LOL. gtfo clown

beardsanity713 and D-rock like this.
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

lol Career 13 ppg means nothing when you are too scared to even shoot like he is under pressure and then he gives you nothing on the other end while getting physically bullied.

OTOH, Thabo might not score anything but will still give you physicality and some good plays on the defensive end.

Clearly you have not followed Jeff Green's FAIL career or watched him under pressure situation lol.

Go keep staring at stat lines.

[​IMG]

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

ok Zestyboy [​IMG]

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Jeff Green is better than Thabo offensively for sure. And he defends stars like Durant and Lebron better than Thabo.

DeBeards, cerophilik and mockster like this.
  17. jogo

jogo Member

Ego's defense has been elite this season. Opponent's Def fg% against him is 33.6%. His Def last year was good; two years ago was excellent, similar to this year. He may be just valuable for his defense than his offense for the Rockets.

D-rock likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree he has been much more effective on D. But was not commenting on his defense, I was referencing his offensive impact.

Still, if he is not on the floor he has no impact. That has been the case far too often this season and last.

19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

house with the yolo dunk. house just really dont care about his life

wesbound and D-rock like this.
  20. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I hope we get someone in the buyout market because I doubt Mike would put any FA into the rotation like if we get another House. House barely played last season. Insurance for Eric wouldn’t hurt either. Johnson would be nice. And Jeff would be a nice backup for Tucker.
    I like Bender too

but no news or rumors either

Tristan_fiore likes this.