1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where's Bruno?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Feb 9, 2020.

1. amaru

amaru Member

*sigh*

I mentioned that I remembered MDA playing 6-7 guys in a WCF game on the road. I then provided evidence that he did in fact play 7 guys in game 4 of the ‘18 WCF. That means my initial response was a factual statement. You are reading way too much into this. D-Rock, I’m correct and you have admitted as such. You are better than this.

roslolian likes this.
  2. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

It isn't happening with this guy. He's a 24 year old project. Would have been better off with Bell.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

So do you agree that MDA plays short rotations based on availability of playable players and not just because he is stubborn?

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Ah yes, Bell, The 25 year old project with no visible intentions of developing a three point shot vs. Bruno Cabocolo, the guy who literally was willing to switch positions from the three to the five because he felt he would improve his chances of making it in this league. Bruno the guy who only takes shots five feet from the basket or beyond the line. The guy who has been thrown around like a towel yet stays ready to break out.

Keep this same energy when he does in fact break out.

TheRedRanger, jcmoon and D-rock like this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Morey picked Bruno not MDA. Morey also picked Tyson Chandler and Hartenstein. Hartenstein had like 15 and 8 the last time he got significant mins how "playable" do you need exactly?

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

You really believe that?

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harty is a sieve on D.

HP3 likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yes. And it's not just belief, I just proved it.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

He's obviously ignoring how bad Harty looked on D, in the Suns game.

D-rock likes this.
  10. amaru

amaru Member

A combination of both. But that question has absolutely nothing to do with my initial post.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

My apologies if I missed your point. Please reiterate your point.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Bell is a head case.

D-rock likes this.
  13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

https://theathletic.com/866201/2019...o-to-the-nba-and-why-its-been-worth-the-wait/

Bruno is potentially 7 Foot (he still claims 6-9, nice) ( it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't measured this summer, he's pretty fringe not sure the NBA cared about everyone) and further he claims that he has an 8 foot wingspan. This guy is an anomaly. If he gets a shot here, and stays mentally focused and aggressive, he could legitimately be everything we need from a center.

bj3175 and D-rock like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Im just wondering why Morey would get him if he knew he coulndt make immediate contributions. Especially if he believes he may be fired this off season

15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

This dude is a freak. Probably doesn't even need to bend to tie his shoes lol

D-rock likes this.
  16. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

17. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I've been pining for a Jerami Grant type of player, and although Bruno is more finesse than explosive, he could "potentially" be the perfect fit for our team. I wish it would happen this season, but I would bet it's not until next...

18. TimDuncanDonaut

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I really just don't understand the new era nba players' mentality. Everyone should be focused on being the best player they can be and winning the championship no matter what team they are on or where they were traded to or back to. If getting paid millions or hundreds of thousands on a guaranteed contract is not enough motivation for anyone to put everything aside then something needs to change in the league. There are people getting paid way less and have shittier jobs that put in a full effort for every second they are at their jobs.
    If he even B*tches once send his ass packing.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

You said it yourself, though - getting a big contract / the most money, is not contingent on winning a title. It's contingent on being the best player you can possibly be, empty stats or otherwise. Why would I care about winning a title if I can produce X [insert stat here] and be paid millions, regardless?

It's a pretty flawed system, as you can see with all the mediocre players in the NBA earning a ridiculous amount of money even though they're not an integral part of winning a title.

tycoonchip likes this.