1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Hawks interested in Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jan 31, 2020.

1. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

lol and whos to say collins wouldnt be a backup on a good team? he probably wouldn’t be starting on the rockets if he were here. there’s also a good chance he gets caught again for peds and gets banned for life from the nba. why risk trading for such a knucklehead.

morey needs to ask for deandre hunter and cam reddish... or no deal. heck, i’d throw in a first along with capela to get those 2.

lionaire and tc0330 like this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I want them to clone a prime Dominque or they can screw off.

NotInMyHouse and hakeem94 like this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Just curious why you’re so high on Reddish at this point. Both he and Hunter have been underwhelming this season but at least Hunter has defense to fall back on. Reddish looks like a future journeyman.

D-rock likes this.
  4. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

he did look like a bust early on in the season, but his last 2+ weeks or so have been really good. it looks like he's finally getting used to nba gamespeed and his shooting splits have been great.. and coincidentally hawks have had a few surprising wins during the last 2 weeks or so.

6'8" swingman with a long wingspan who has a really nice handle, can attack the lane at will, and is now showing the ability to shoot consistently? i mean, yea... his bust potential is still there but his ceiling is so much higher than anyone other than trae young on that hawks team. adding in a first from the rockets side might be too much... i got carried away a bit. but the kid has really improved a lot and it's still not even halfway thru his rookie season. seems like a great buy-low opportunity.

steddinotayto likes this.
  5. andersongo

andersongo Member

Collins can't defend at all and outside of catching lobs and competing on the glass is actually very limited. Roxs would be crazy to give up Capela for him.

6. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Lololololol. He has a positive 1.56 drpm on a team that does not help him at all on defense. Trey young -4.6 drpm for reference. Collins can shoot and is a power forward that csn play center. Hes super young and an emerging star. If you wouldnt move capela for him then you are hopeless and dont know anything about the game

Crashlanded19, Nook, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  7. steddinotayto

Houston gets:
    Aaron Gordon
    Alex Len

Orlando gets:
    Cam Reddish
    Evan Turner
    Nene

Atlanta gets:
    Clint Capela
    Thabo Sefolosha

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

If they are trading, I think Houston gets draft picks for Capela. After Beard and Brodie, it isn't going to be smooth sailing.

9. andersongo

andersongo Member

You guys are crazy

10. andersongo

andersongo Member

Cam Reddish is probably the most talented player on the Hawks. No way he is being traded.

11. steddinotayto

i think you’re confusing most talented with most potential. The dude is still very raw.

D-rock likes this.
  12. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

Hawks dosen't have anybody I want that can help put us over the top. No time to develop players if its win now. I would love to trade capella for Drummond or a real center that dosent get bullied. Also house needs to go.

D-rock likes this.
  13. andersongo

andersongo Member

He is the most talented.More talented than even Trae Young. There are things that few players can pull off on both ends and I have seen Reddish do them effortlessly. He lacks reps and should get more consistent with increasing gametime.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Good luck trading Capela for much when he has an injury the Rockets have had zero clue how to manage

daywalker02 and snowconeman22 like this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Guys, Capela is the only player taller than 6'7 who MDA will play more than 5 minutes a game.

clutchdabear, Vivi, malakas and 2 others like this.
  16. bj3175

bj3175 Member

of course we could get DMO which would be great in fact let me change my original post myself. Excuse me lets get DMO and Faried for the Vet minimum and trade NENE for money considerations and that will give us what we need

hakeem94 and Imanimal like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Are we even sure Capela will get his job back when he returns? ;)

clutchdabear, Vivi, Easy and 2 others like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

ORL does not need or want more young players. They want an alpha scorer. That is not Reddish. They are all in on the MIA model.

Think Kyrie Irving, Demar DeRozan or Gordon Hayward.

BOS has coveted Capela in past. Problem is that Gordon Hayward value is skyrocketing the last few weeks.

19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

you want to make a move for the sake of making a move, no matter stupid it is.

20. JW86

JW86 Member

Let’s do it, full small ball, if we’re going to be stupid might as well go full r****d. Trade Capela for a wing!