1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

76ers want Rose.

Philly receives:
    Derrick Rose

Detroit receive:
    Danuel House
    Zhaire Smith
    Thabo Sefolosha

Houston receive:
    Markieff Morris
    Kyle O'Quinn

Capela/Hartenstein
    Morris/O'Quinn
    Tucker/McElmore
    Harden/Gordon
    Westbrook/Rivers

Now we got dogs at the 4 to help Tuck

mikol13, elmotsang, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  2. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I've been reduced to just wanting a live body at this point saleem. If we got him my silver lining would be his 3 point shooting. He's still over 40% on the season. Maybe his defense would improve as a back up 5. Not ideal but I would take him in a heartbeat right about now.

HP3 and saleem like this.
  3. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I can buy that.

HP3 likes this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"FREE?!?! Make the phone call!"
    "Mister Fertitta…."
    "Call me Tilman."
    "OK, Tilman, 'free' as in "no one needs to be traded out'. But he wouldn't be 'free' in the sense you mean. He'd add to the tax."
    "No, oh no, no no no, absolutely not. And call me Mister Fertitta."

QUOTE="foggy94, post: 12810571, member: 55448"]I think he could be had cheap, like our 2020 2nd. [/QUOTE]

"CHEAP?!?!"
    "Again, Mister Fertitta, 'cheap' as in "no one needs to be traded out'. But he wouldn't be 'cheap' in the sense you mean. He'd add to the tax. But we need this!"
    "No, oh no, no no no, absolutely not."

lilbird20 and foggy94 like this.
  5. foggy94

foggy94 Member

We have a TPE, you don’t need to trade anyone for Markieff, so this is essentially House for O’Quinn. No thanks

D-rock likes this.
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

1. I'm fully aware of the TPE. In fact, I suggested the same scenario on the previous page
    2. I'm factoring in an owner that has tried to avoid the luxury tax at all costs. By doing this trade, Morey would be just one move away to bringing the Rockets under the luxury tax again. Like, say, trade Chandler to a team that can absorb capspace.
    3. What makes House worth keeping over acquiring another 4/5 player that can play significant minutes, thereby alleviating a lot of the minutes/work Tucker is doing right now?

saleem likes this.
  7. ROXTXIA

Pretty much jibes with Codman's mentions.

Ch44 appears with the frequency of Halley's Comet, so good to see him swoosh by in the night sky.

Codman, D-rock, Deuce and 1 other person like this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Superb.

Codman likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

ch44, thank you for popping in and giving us your thoughts. Markieff makes sense. Can get him with a TPE. He is close friends with Harden. Nene+cash can be offloaded somewhere else.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

11. dream2franchise

Looking at every role player's contract that could be a good fit.

[​IMG]

Vivi and BaselineFade like this.
  12. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I wonder what it would take to get Sabonis out of Indiana? PJ and the 2 first round picks? Maybe the two pick swaps as well? House? I think Sabonis and Capela can play together. If not, then they can trade Capela for a starting 3/4.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

At this point he has to be their most valuable player they have, maybe even more then Oladipo since he's not injured and younger so. For me, there's no chance they move him, and regerdless, they can't anyway this season since they extended him. I can see them moving Turner at some point eventually, it's pretty clear who's the best player between them at this point, but Sabonis, i don't think they'll trade him.

BaselineFade, DM'sVP and D-rock like this.
  14. realonemo

realonemo Member

Markief Morris is shooting 40 form 3 !

lionaire and JamalP. like this.
  15. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

NYK in: PJ, Nene and the Rockets 2020 1st

Detroit in: 2 Rockets 2nd round picks.

Houston in: Morris bros

WB/Rivers
    Harden/Gordon
    Morris/Mclemore
    Morris/House
    Capela/Hartenstien

BaselineFade likes this.
  16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yeah , he fits the Chriss TPE of $3,206,160 .... by $6,160.

Still leaves the Knight TPE of $3,620,016 to do something else with along with Nene's corpse.

BaselineFade likes this.
  17. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Houston Rockets:
    Gordon Hayward -- $32,700,690
    Andre Drummond -- $27,093,019
    Tony Snell -- $11,392,857
    Markief Morris -- $3,200,000

The Westbrook experiment is not going to work. The sooner the Rockets come to terms with that, the better. These new additions bring balance to the lineup. Hayward is the scoring wing this team desperately needs right now. Drummond is a superior upgrade over Capela on defense alone. Plus, Morris is an excellent 3-point shooting power forward and Snell is a tough-nosed switch defender. This is all-in move. Hayward and Drummond both have 2 years left on their contracts so Morey retains maximum cap flexibility. If things don't work out, then you clear the slate in 2021 and retool around Harden one last time.

Detroit Pistons:
    Russell Westbrook -- $38,506,482

Pistons aren't going anywhere with Blake Griffin out for the season. This could be an opportunity for a soft reset. Westbrook brings that excitement fans want in their new downtown arena. Maybe next season Pistons can switch to an uptempo style of offense. Imagine Westbrook and a healthy Griffin running down the court -- an area where Griffin truly excels rather than half court sets alongside Drummond. Plus, both players fit the same timeline in terms of contract -- 3 years remaining. Griffin is untradeable right now so best option is to match him with similar contract in Westbrook and try to make one big push for 2-3 years then rebuild.

Boston Celtics:
    Clint Capela -- $14,896,552
    P.J. Tucker -- $8,349,039
    Danuel House: $3,540,000

Celtics could trade for Drummond on their own, but that would likely cost them first round picks and young assets, and they would still have to re-sign him to a longterm deal with Jayson Tatum already awaiting his massive extension. Or the Celtics could acquire Capela -- something Ainge has tried in the past. Capela's contract with 4 years left, under $20 million per season, makes him the more attractive option without breaking the bank. Also, Tucker may be at the end of his rope, but he still brings toughness and would work really well off the bench alongside gritty Marcus Smart.

https://tradenba.com/trades/5LqNpbKr0

18. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

@ch44 is the real deal

saleem likes this.
  19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Honestly....I like this. I don’t think it’ll matter much or make us much better, but still cool.

20. ROXTXIA

He is the wind beneath my wings.

Don't be jealous, @Codman: you, too, da man.

saleem and Air Yordan like this.