1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Buccaneers

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Texanstradamus

O’Brien would be smart to rest this team next week stills and fuller Watson Nuke tunsil

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Agreed unless it looks like we have a good shot at the 3 seed. Need to avoid Baltimore.

DonnyMost likes this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Celebration will be short lived. I don't know who we'll play in the playoffs but I'm pretty sure we'll be losing that game.

I've never seen a team win by 3 points while having 6 TOs, that is embarrassing. Should have been a rout.

TejasTom, Gray_Jay, RasaqBoi and 4 others like this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

More and more evidence that this mediocre hc isnt the one to lead us to the superbowl, might as well fire him at the end of the season and move on.

We got four int, 2 fumbles, yet we barely beat them by 3 points. The man just cant maximize his team offensive potential.

RasaqBoi and deb4rockets like this.
  5. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Part of the problem was that the one guy was calling Watson, Winston through most of the first half. So it seemed they kept talking about Winston the entire time The Texans were on offense.

Theking and deb4rockets like this.
  6. Texanstradamus

gonna have to play them eventually don’t matter at this point need every one healthy or they will lose to bills which is possible

7. Texanstradamus

O’Brien is a coach that just like to squeak out wins even his blowouts seem close

JayGoogle and deb4rockets like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

After Reading the comments here, one would think the Texans not only lost this game but are last in their division.

10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

You had the lead and all three timeouts, Bill. Using one on a challenge that could have iced the game for the team is the obvious choice in that situation.

King1 likes this.
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True. Everyone should be going crazy with joy. I think it's just the fact that the way our offense has been playing makes everyone nervous about having any chance in the playoffs. It's like our offense is regressing, but on a bright note our defense has been looking much better.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Mediocre teams also have mediocre message boards...

pgabriel likes this.
  13. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

You were saying ?

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Texans inspire no confidence going forward. I am not sure I ever seen a team look so bad and win the game. Actually, they didn't "beat" the Bucs, the Bucs beat themselves.

15. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I agree im not saying anyone should be jumping for joy but the amt of frustration
    I don't expect everyone to be throwing a party but it's nothing but bad/negative comments. I wonder how it would be if the Texans lost all these games. So much complaints about how they are closing out games (im not a fan of it either) but they have won all of their close games lately. In the last 8 games they have 2 loses and both were blowouts.

Watson is def not being utilized correctly but this offense also is a shell of itself minus Fuller.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

It should have been like the Ravens and Broncos game in our favor

Buck Turgidson and JayGoogle like this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

It's just you. They were quite bad, but not biased.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The majority of fans on this site are tired of 9-7, 10-6 or 11-5 regular season records, but feeling like the Texans don’t have a legitimate chance of making the AFC Championship Game or a Super Bowl. That’s the source of the frustration. The frustration only grows when their head coach continues to display the same maddening tendencies he has had since his first day on the job (rigid play calling and poor clock management).

The Texans right now are the equivalent of a 50-win in the NBA or a 90-win MLB team that you know will flame out early in the playoffs.

19. conquistador#11

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

And we don't have any draft capital, so this is it. They're all in on this year

BMoney likes this.