1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[O’Brien Haters] Let’s get you on the Record.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 10, 2019.

?

Do you want the Texans to lose the last 3 games, if it means O’BRIEN is fired?

Poll closed Dec 17, 2019.
  1. Yes

40.7%
  2. No

59.3%
  1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Talking to u is pointless. A person not fan of BoB wouldnt bother to make sht thread like this or the other one: maybe BoB knows what hes doing = haters eat crow.

If u want to b delusional thinking u arent a bob fan go for it. But u r not fooling anyone

#81 DatRocketFan, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    TheRealist137 and red5rocket like this.
  2. likestohypeguy

He just wanted to get all the haters on record, to make sure they keep that same energy & don't try to give him credit now, when we know he's not finishing 0-3 after all.

Don't flup flip flop on me now; hold your position!

raining threes likes this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

*Head meets Brick wall*

4. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

I heard on Payne and Pendergast this morning that Watson has improved a lot as a QB this season and notably improved his prior deficiency of holding the ball for too long. I've been traveling recently and haven't caught the past two games, but I feel like he still has some issue with this? He's improved somewhat going for a check down occasionally, but he still locks on to a read for too long and then drop his eyes and scrambles out when he senses a little pressure. The difference this year being his improved OL Anyone have an advanced stat on this?

Hard to say if it's BOB's inability to coach him up and scheme better, or this is just Watson's inherent slow decision making process and can only be helped so much...

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um....Watson holding the ball is not "slow decision making process". It is his desire to hit the big play or make something out of nothing that gets him in trouble. He tries to wait on receivers to get open downfield and that's why he is holding the ball. There are QBs who love to be "Captain Checkdown" and those who do not. Watson has started to take those check downs more to avoid negative plays.

6. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Nothing about the hate people have for Obrien is "irrational." He has legitimately coached us out of a lot of wins. You can like him but that doesn't mean peoples complaints about her aren't unfounded.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That's the scheme obrien runs. Slow developing plays. That's the reason he holds the ball sometimes

8. showa13

showa13 Member

That’s the biggest culprit of the Deshaun holds the ball too long argument. Yes he does try to do too much at times, but BOB’s long developing plays with 2-3 routes require 5-7 seconds to take place minimum. When the play is quick Deshaun gets the ball out quick.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  9. raining threes

This is just who Watson is and I don't see this changing.

10. raining threes

Excuses, there's usually a check down guy open and no this doesn't make me an O'Brien fan

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sure, in a normal competent offense coach scheme there will b a check down guy for watson to throw it to.

U tend to forget offensive guru BoB sucks at his job. I would give watson the benefit of the doubt that no check down guy exist cause its plausible BoB offense lacks it.

Some game we have tight ends, others we dont. Our offense is very inconsistent and thats never gonna change with BoB leading it.

12. raining threes

Despite what you keep saying BOB isn't incompetent at his job. You don't win double digits games 2 years in a row particularly against this schedule and be terrible at your job. Is he the best in the NFL nope.

I would go so far as to say BOB has had a better year than Watson.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Offense mind coach, who has coached zero team w/ a top 10 offense in his whole entire tenure here. U hire an offense guru hc coach to have a great offense. If u have never gotten one isnt that incompetence? Whats the excuse?

There r many faucet or aspect to coaching, where BoB looks incompetent. If regular season wins is all it takes for u to like a coach, than your standards 4 a coach is 2 low.

Hes at least competent enough to get wins in the Afc south.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Also competent to beat the Chiefs and Pats this season.

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Yet we got sht on by the broncos and ravens. But sure ride BoB jock some more.

All this shows that hes inconsistent at coaching offense, which is his fking speciality.

Houstunna likes this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I never want a team to lose games to get a coach fired. I want the front office to ask themselves whether their coach is getting the max potential out of their roster and make the right decision.

However I trust Cal less than BoB, and that's saying something.

Houstunna likes this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Dude. Nobody is jocking O’Brien. Did Bob **** your b****? Your hate is irrational.

18. raining threes

What do you expect with a young QB.

There is going to be inconsistent play.

19. Buck Turgidson

Broken record.

20. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

O’Brien isn’t terrible. He’s Gary Kubiak part two. An average to above-average coach, but too stubborn and rigid in his thought process/game calling to elevate the Texans from a good team to a great team.

As for Watson, it would greatly help him if he had three competent NFL wide receivers to throw to every game. Instead, Stills and Fuller have taken turns missing games pretty much every week, and the Texans have nothing behind them. You would think the Texans might opt to use Duke Johnson’s receiving abilities more, but the coaching staff has refused to go that direction.