1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[O’Brien Haters] Let’s get you on the Record.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 10, 2019.

?

Do you want the Texans to lose the last 3 games, if it means O’BRIEN is fired?

Poll closed Dec 17, 2019.
  1. Yes

40.7%
  2. No

59.3%
  1. CrazyJoeDavola

Thanks for further confirming the nature of your dispositon as alleged.

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I don’t hate O’Brien. I’m indifferent. He wins, he fine....loses, gets fired. I wait to see things play out.

3. CrazyJoeDavola

Thats not the famous disposition of yours that I was referring but carry on............

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Few games in the season, "indifferent" Scarface makes a BoB thread telling doubters to eat crow.
    Maybe, Just Maybe, Bill O’Brien knows what he is doing.

Whats the point of making this one if u r waiting for season to play out?
    U r so full of it. U say one thing but your actions contradict itself. Its better if u just wave your BoB boner then being delusional about being an indifferent fan.

I do apologize for font size, phone is hard to format.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Where do I say I like Bill O'Brien? Giving someone the benefit of the doubt, doesn't mean giving them a ringing endorsement.

Also, supporting the Texans and letting them make their decisions to see where they go...doesn't mean I like their choices.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Making threads about telling doubters to eat crow or a thread to get haters on record, doesnt sound something an indifferent fan would do especially ifs someone who claims they arent a BoB fan.

Why do any of it just to say, u wait for the end to see how things plan out, cause u clearly dont.

Actions speaks louder than words. Just bc u say u dont have a huge raging boner for BoB doesnt hide the physical evidence/thread u created in defense for him.

7. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

Trading Duke Johnson for a 3rd round pick is a joke. He's a nice player but big overpay for a guy who get's what - 8 touches a game? Game script dependent? Give me that Kenyan Drake deal all day.

Martinas Rankin was a bad pick, but Charles Omenihu is looking like a steal. If only O'Brien could get the most out of Coutee...

Nook and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Keep whining. I bet you can't find something I said where I said "Damn, Bob is a GREAT coach!" Saying something to play devil's advocate because you are the opposite side of "Wait and See", doesn't make me a fan of the coach. I just don't hate him........

#68 Mr.Scarface, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Per an employee-

Bill is a good culture guy.

Not the greatest coach.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I have grown to hate coutee

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Not a fan but want people to eat crow about him? Not a fan but want to take note of the haters against BoB? Stop pretending to b a neutral fan and just wave your BoB fan club flag high and proud. It takes a special type of fan to be in love and loyal with mediocrity.

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

OK, dude. talking with you is like banging my head on a brick wall. Just I because I don’t hate the dude, doesn’t mean Im a fan. Your irrational hate for coach is laughable. If he doesn’t do the job, he will get fired. I just don’t need to whine about EVERY thing he does.

13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

They aren't using Duke right (shocking with our brilliant coaching staff). Wasn't a bad trade but pointless as BOB doesn't know how to use him

14. Buck Turgidson

Don't worry, Scarface, all the BoB "haters" are just being sarcastic and making anti-jinx posts.

Nook likes this.
  15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

They used him amazingly in the Patriots game and then forgot he existed again.

16. Nook

Nook Member

I chuckle at all the “let it play out” comments. How many years has he been the head coach of the Texans? Everyone knows what he is and isn’t good at.

He is great at keeping his team on the same page and playing hard. He doesn’t allow for off the field screw ups. He runs a tight ship.

He is terrible at actual coaching. He isn’t bright or innovative, he is really bad at in game decisions and is stubborn to a fault.

This is what he is and will always be as a coach.... and that is good enough for the Texans so far.

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This is a perfect explanation.

18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Exactly. He was also wide open last week when Deshaun threw that pick on the opening drive. No screen plays, no isolation for the most part, nothing. They'd rather run WR screens to Nuk. It makes no sense

red5rocket likes this.
  19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

First season with full control. Hence, why I say let it play out.

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

It was an Anti-Jinx post in 2017. It was the TRUTH in 2018 and 2019.