1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Luka Lebron 2.0?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealAllpro, Nov 4, 2019.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I don't know if "fell in the lap" is accurate. By virtue of them sucking for so long they have Doncic but even if not him, they would likely have Trae Young and Cam Reddish if Atlanta wasn't willing to trade so either way, they are a dangerous young upcoming team who likely isn't a serious threat to Houston while Harden is in his prime but will probably be legit superstars inside of 5 years.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They also won the title in 2011 and it wasn't even one decade of sucking.......they are fortunate.

GotGame15 and vlaurelio like this.
  3. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

The problem is they DIDN'T suck until the last couple of years. Mired in the bottom bracket of the playoffs for most of that time. A good lesson on how NOT to suck.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree, relatively sucking, so actually just being mediocre or below average.

5. omgTHEpotential

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Shouldn't getting suspended for PEDs have it's own little corner in the bottom left just for DeAndre Ayton?

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

So he was going for a rimout from the logo on a key possession.

Fatboy is not very smart, is he?

Insane is exactly right.

King1 likes this.
  8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I’m sorry but Harden was not anywhere close to this good his second season in the league. His production is on record pace. Respect.

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Go root for Dallas

arabrocket likes this.
  10. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

TBH Harden was coming off the bench. If he was handed his own team from his 2nd year, he would probably have better stats than he had.

Jontro likes this.
  11. madmaxu

madmaxu Member

I am just surprised how this guy can average 10 rebounds a game while running the offense. He just seems to have a knack for where the ball will land. In term of his game comparison, I would say he is more of a combination of young Magic/Bird than young lebron. Maybe current 36 year old Lebron. His defense is crafty like larry, in that though not athletic but he knows the the angles and always puts himself in position to make it tough for the offensive player.

12. what

what Member

Luka is actually much closer to bird/magic than he is to harden/lebron.
    Lebron wishes he could shoot and pass like luka does.
    Harden wishes that he was as clutch as luka will be.
    Harden gets owned in the playoffs every year.
    To me Magic is the best comparison to what Doncic is. He has more raw talent than Bird had, his moxie is similar, although nobody was as cerebral and psychological as Bird was.
    To me again, Luka is the next magic, but with a sprinkling of Bird in his game.

13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Bro, he wasn’t this good his second year in Houston.

14. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Go to a Mavs board. You guys would drink his bathwater. Pathetic

arabrocket likes this.
  15. omgTHEpotential

That's really unfair to Harden. They were put in completely different situations. Luka was given free reign and a green light on a terrible Mavs team, while Harden had to provide scoring AND defense off the bench for a playoff team that already had enough offense. We can now clearly see that Harden is an offensive prodigy, if not a genius. He didn't just become a prodigy in Houston over night. He always had that insane talent. I think if you had put him in a similar situation as Luka, he probably would have shown similar results. This is the best offensive player in the history of the NBA we're talking about.

Back to Luka, I'm extremely impressed by what he's doing. I was watching him on the defensive end, and in a lot of situations he's really playing smart positional defense, he knows his limitations so he's trying to be the most effective with the tools that he's got. Yeah, he gets blown by once in a while, but so do most of the great offensive players in the NBA. I think he needs to improve his 3PT percentage though. He's a good shooter, and his percentages are obviously dragged down by those difficult shots he's taking, but that doesn't change the fact that he ruins his efficiency that way. He needs to figure out how to get his 3PT shot off that doesn't require taking really difficult shots. I really think he is capable of getting into the 50-40-90 club at least once in his career if he works on his shot and the shot-selection.

BigDog63 likes this.
  16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

No...this comment is pathetic. What's wrong with giving props to a serious young talent? ???

17. SunsRocketsfan

True.. some rocket fans or just fans are so insecure. By his logic we can recognize rocket players as the best players and everyone else sucks. If that's the case then we should win the chip every year and not even watch. Part of the reason why this season is so fun and interesting is all the new story lines and talent and teams that can win finally. Definitely agree there is nothing wrong to recognizing other great teams and players cause it's why we watch games to see the best vs the best

18. omgTHEpotential

The only explanation I can come up with is that they're not really basketball fans. More so Houston sports fans in general.

bmelo and BaselineFade like this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Why is Luka's ceiling being set low as LeBron 2.0?

Give him something to shoot for: Harden 2.0

steddinotayto likes this.
  20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This. He's always been the next Harden-esque player.