1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN/MacMahon] Capela to miss Pacers game, doubtful for Wolves game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Sure , maybe … and not throwing him lobs is probably a good idea. Its asking him to do something he's just not very good at but …

Question is - how playable is he if he cant operate in the pick and roll. There just isn't enough space if he cant catch and finish at the rim - unless you pair him with another big who can and we don't have that guy.

As much as people complain about Capela , his ability to set good picks , catch and finish those lobs is a big part of what gives the shooters so many easy shots.

You cant just play 5 out …. the spacing just doesn't work.

Would be nice to have a big that can shoot .400 from 3 to pair with Capela - but that guy has to be able to defend 3's and 4's …. Hartenstein , IDK if he can do that.

jcmoon and D-rock like this.
  2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i know back to back timberwovles tomorrow.

D-rock likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Play Hartenstein like the Suns play Baynes, or the way they used to play Ryno. Baynes is not a great 3 point shooter, but opponents have to respect it because he has the ability to knock down the shot. The threat, even if it is low, still opens up things for others. Let Hartenstein launch from 3. He is a decent passer too so he can pass from the top of the key. Harteinstein can learn to be a good screener.

Mda always tries to fit people into defined roles of other players. Hartenstein is never going to be Capela, so play to his strengths

tycoonchip likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

5. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Then I guess the other contenders are luckier to not be encountering those issues (Lakers, especially).

Os Trigonum likes this.
  6. metalshred

metalshred Member

I'm quite happy that MDA actually allows Westbrooks to take his mid-range, this should give more variety to our offence and make us less predictable to defend.

Melo wasn't so lucky last year in this regards, though not shooting from where he wanted was probably not the main reason he was out.

D-rock and Little Bit like this.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I agreed with that above …. with the caveat of playing him with another big because the spacing just isn't there otherwise.

He did acquit himself fairly well tonight , played solid defense and put in a couple easy buckets on the pick and roll - but the passes were what he could handle.

I'll take what he gave tonight on a regular basis …. Maybe I was wrong and he can crack the rotation.

Clark got a whopping 3 minutes and didn't do much but they had him as the smallball 5 …. I think that's out of position for him.

D-rock likes this.
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Where’s Nene? He is still on the roster, right?

daywalker02 and jcmoon like this.
  9. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

I was thinking the same thing this morning....I hope he gets healthy in time for the playoffs! we could us his ten minutes every other game!

10. dmoneybangbang

Can Hartenstein pick and pop?