1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What team really scares you out West besides the Clippers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Our long time enemies Golden State Warriors look like they will miss the playoffs this season after Vurry just went down with a broken hand.

Utah doesnt really scare me because I dont trust Mitchell as a team 1st option looking to win a title

Denver is deep team, but there defense doesnt really scare me

Lakers -there living off the king..not sure he still has that magic

Blazers-Lillard and CJ duo have reach there ceiling ..WCF team at best

It's the clippers and the than the rockets I'm telling you

2. Mr. Space City

The Lakers strength is tied into the Rockets weakness. Which is the SF and PF position.

I don't see how short ass PJ is going to be able to defend Lebron, Kuzma, and AD at once, especially when Dantoni goes small.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

grizzlies because @what can will them into greatness

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lakers because they are Too big for our little team

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets lack of defense and height is what scares me the most...that as well as Doc being greater than MDA is why the Clippers are the favorites and not the Rockets

Lakers will kill us in the paint, and Playoff Bron is no joke, but they lack playmaking outside of Lebron, and their shooting ability is meh. Rockets better have HCA against them.

Rockets can be just ok defensively and still be able to beat most of these WC teams, but in order to win a title, just ok won’t cut it. They need to be elite, and tbh, with the way the defense has been looking, it will take a huge leap just to get to average status defensively. How do u give up 158 to Bradley Beal and some guys in regulation?

Highlyrated likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mike D'Antoni half time adjustments

that's the Shining and Exorcist combined.

Jontro likes this.
  7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Utah because they have the potential to be a great offensive team now to match their great defense.

Lakers because of their size. We got burned by Brandon Ingram. Imagine what AD and lebron can do to us.

Blazers are a big threat because I was just reading how they can be major players to make a big move in December after recently signed contracts can be traded. They have a couple big expiring contracts and all their draft picks. ... even if they don’t make a move their roster is pretty good once Nurk comes back. Once again lots of size we would have trouble with.

Denver doesn’t scare me as much as those others even though i respect their depth. Capela typically guards jokic well.

8. malakas

malakas Member

The Lakers will be 8 vs 5 against any team in the playoffs. Not scared but not looking forward to facing them either. Best they be avoided.

9. JazzLakerHater

With this defense, every team can be scary.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

No one particular team.

Any team with two tall dudes that can move scares me.

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

idk i've been watching the Lakers play and they pretty much dominate every team that play small ball (aka Rockets).

AD + Lebron just destroy every team at the rim.

Clippers are pretty good and they don't have PG back yet.

12. rockets13champs

I want a clippers rockets WCF but I want the clippers to face the lakers in the 2nd round

this is why u wanna watch the standings and do what Denver and Portland did to us last year.

1 other person likes this.
  13. KiLLiN

KiLLiN Member

I don't see anyone but the clippers make it to the finals. I've learned quickly to not doubt the power of Kawhi, and honestly, he and PG13 are too scary of a combo to consider otherwise.

Highlyrated likes this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

clippers havent even beaten us

right now scared only of bucks unless we beat them next game

arubato likes this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lakers are statistically the best team right now in the west, so them.

Also, because MDA going to play Tucker at Center and Harden at PF against AD/D12/Mcgee front court and I can't imagine that going well if the Rockets are cold...which is bound to happen in a 7 game series.

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Really only the Flakers … their size will be hard to overcome and it'll be 8 on 5.

Rockets can outscore anyone else …. they had the Bucks on the ropes with Harden 2/11 , WB 2/7 (Did EG make anything ?!) mid way thru the 3rd quarter. If anyone would have made a couple buckets in that 3rd quarter they'd have won that game ….

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lakers.

Because of McGee, Howard, Davis, Lebron, Kuzma

That’s insane size, I can see McGee/Howard with Davis &LBJ combos destroying us in the paint on offense, and making it extremely hard for Harden/WB to drive.

Plus they have Danny Green, one of the best defenders for Harden, and Bradley ain’t a terrible defender either to try to hold WB.

LorneMalvo and BaselineFade like this.
  18. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Lakers and Clippers should be elite defensively. I only feared the Clippers initially, but this Laker team is beginning to concern me. Green,Bradley, KCP, and Rondo are still + perimeter defenders. The Laker interior defense and rebounding may be the best in the West/league.

The young Mavs are starting to make me a little nervous as well. Adding Curry and Wright to the guard rotation has upgraded that team tremendously. If Dallas can make a move for a 3 and D wing with length, or upgrade Kleber with a better stretch 4, the Mavs may be the surprise team out west this season. Luka and Porzingis are ridiculous.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not scary but SA and Luka always play us hard.

Utah series should be more fun too.

BaselineFade likes this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

in previous years the sports articles that would automatically show up on yahoo! homepage were all worriers. this year it's all fakers now...

hakeem94 and malakas like this.