1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is ANYONE excited about the upcoming Season??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Oct 22, 2019.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Of course

Deckard likes this.
  2. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Nope probably not getting league pass again this year

Based off box scores it’s the same BS

Harden will have a lot of good game score a lot take all shots MVP chatter and we won’t do nothing in the playoffs

rinse repeat

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Deckard likes this.
  4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Harden is an absolute beast so we'll be good, but everything else about this offseason really dampened my spirits about the organization.

Trade for a player in Westbrook that I've always hated.
    Tilman acting like a tool at every turn.
    Lame duck coach.
    All of our assets were extinguished for nothing, and we still lack wings in a bad way.
    Morey, the second most important thing in the organization after Harden, likely signing his career death sentence.

Even though they haven't broke through for title, I've always regarded the Morey era Rockets very highly. But right now I feel they are more Texans than Astros. Even cautious optimism is hard for me to muster right now.

5. justinh

justinh Member

I will watch as many games as I can, like always. And I am looking fwd to Thurs night. Nice that the Astros are off that particular evening.

But in the big picture, tbqh, I care less and less about sports every year. I still pay attention. Watch most games, hope that all the local teams win, but just don't really give too much of a F.

I was pretty damn hyped up when Altuve hit that homer in Game 6, so I still get excited, but there is just way too much going on in the real world that matters so much more than any of these sports/games.

Also, I have lived in Houston (for good - second time) since 1991, when I was 14. I have seen a few ups and way too many downs. I guess I am at the point where I just refuse to allow myself to get upset.

Not that it matters one bit, but, that's where I stand.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Trick question, OP?

YES!!

D-rock likes this.
  7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

That's being a little harsh. These are the people who love the Rockets most!
    jk that would suck if it were true

8. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

Hell yes!! Heaven too ...

D-rock likes this.
  9. Jay713

Jay713 Member

10. ballgame

ballgame Member

I'm vested, I have a Half Season Pkg Plan! So it's not "Well Bye". I have been a Rocket fan since forever and don't plan on changing....However, I just want to see us win another Championship and for them to roll out the same UNDERSIZED LINEUP is pathetic

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Boo-urns.

I'm a Rockets fan. Of course I'm excited.

jcf, Deckard and D-rock like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

OP must’ve forgotten what the post-Yao, pre-Harden years were like...

team was incredibly irrelevant, TC atmosphere was more trash than usual for obvious reasons, and the team was just hoping to squeak into the playoffs as an 8th seed before proceeding to get demolished

13. SemisolidSnake

The sheer unknown of what Harden and Westbrook will eventually do together got me excited once I heard about the trade. I mean, NOBODY KNOWS. And it probably will take an entire season to see how it all works out. As a last chance attempt at making a championship team, it's crazy enough that I might as well just embrace the insanity.

14. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

We ain’t got no draft picks, we ain’t got no cap room, we got a system that is reliant on floor spacing. WB just came into the picture. It’s a long season and morey likes to make mid-season moves. We already have two ball dominant players. We need people who can spot up, catch and shoot. I’m sure morey can cook up a big man by February.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's pretty damn funny

Kornel87 likes this.
  16. MONON

MONON Member

It's the start of the Rockets season. Of course I'm EXCITED!! Also Go ASTROS!!

17. KiLLiN

KiLLiN Member

Idk if its because its the first time im playing Fantasy BB or its because of the Rockets at this point xd

18. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

I agree with u on that but keep in mind we are 1 piece away ,its not as serious as you make it to be.At the 4 they really need a defensive stopper that can protect the paint if he can score its a bonus.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That sums him up perfectly. :cool:

20. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

This is the most excited I've ever been about the Rockets season. Even more so than when we got Dwight or even CP3.

Harden finally has a legit #2 who is more like a 1B