1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Vs. Rays ALDS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 4, 2019.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Only thing you can do now is just get to that Rays bullpen and make them work. Especially if they're planning to use it exclusively for Game 4.

I still like our chances (in the next game).

mikol13 and Houstunna like this.
  2. mightybosstone

If there's any kind of silver lining right now in this series, it's that the Astros are probably going to be up 2-1 despite Springer and Brantley going 2-23 in the first three games. At some point, those guys have to wake up, right?

everyday eddie likes this.
  3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I knew that didn’t sound right.

donkeypunch likes this.
  4. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Idk everything about baseball but definitely watch the stros here and there and while I think it was a good move still, Greinke looks nothing like verlander or cole. Just extremely bland. I honestly feel I could hit his **** because of how simple it looks. When watching cole the other day, I felt I was watching an flame thrower every single pitch. Definitely better to have him than Miley as our 3rd but not optimistic about any game 3 vs the NYY or dodgers

5. BALLhog 247 365

I know the Astros are good, but people are freaking out too much. Hard to sweep a 96 win team in the regular season, let alone the post season.

6. SemisolidSnake

Well, they literally don't have a left-handed normal reliever, and he's shown huge faith in his righties in the past to get out lefties. I do think Miley going in as left-on-left was part of the decision to put him in, but if the game is closer and the batters are putting up good fights, I don't see him taking a chance on Miley. The way things were, yeah, sure let's try it and if it doesn't work, the game's already one foot in the grave. I think we're both right.

7. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

That's how I see it. Give TB credit.

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Miley up to 29 pitches already. May not be able to use him in relief in another game this series.

Uprising likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

he looks nothing like them because he isn't lol. he never was at this stage of his career

10. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

1-2-3 inning. Yay!

Houstunna likes this.
  11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Look...Miley is doing pretty well. He just has to get past that first inning.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

if it was closer of course not, but im talking about that specific ab not generally. miley got his chance, he obviously didn't execute. now he stays in the game with the purpose of not burning the rest of the bullpen

13. mightybosstone

If they have to use Miley again in this series, something has gone horribly, horribly wrong.

I hate that Miley's season has taken a turn for the worse as the worst possible time, but his season with the Astros needs to have come to an end after this outing today. He just doesn't have it right now, and putting him on the mound is just a massive liability.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

TB is a tough team. I think I'd rather be playing the As.

15. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

But the reaction after that trade was as if we got another cole or verlander, greinke has been very average. Would rather have had Keuchel

jklb likes this.
  16. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I was afraid our achillies could be watching our pitchers and our hitters are resting on their laurels. So much hype has been put on our starting pitching... we're not getting a lot of run support.

mightybosstone likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

bc you have to look at it as he's a #3 starter when he would actually be #1 pitcher on many of the other teams. 2019 Greinke was never on JV or Cole's level but hes still pretty good.

Keuchal hasn't been good either so that's not saying much

18. SemisolidSnake

Everyone talking about how Luhnow screwed up not paying Morton. Hindsight is amazing. Nobody could've predicted an older player who had injury and longevity problems last year and was really not much help in our playoffs would go on to have his healthiest year with his most innings pitched. You think Morton's potential health around the end of the season wasn't forefront in Luhnow's mind? He had to make an assessment on what data he had, not what data he'd have one year hence.

Houstunna and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  19. SemisolidSnake

Fair enough, I think we're on the same page.

20. CinematicFusion

That's why people are freaking out.
    It's hard to win a series against a 96 win team.
    Wanted to shut the door today.

Tomorrow is a bullpen day. Verlander might pitch one inning.

Then game 5, everyone will pitch from Glasnow, Morton, Snell, Verlander, Cole....it will be crazy.

Not easy to beat a 96 win team with elite starting and bull pen pitching. Astros have their work cut out if they want to advance.