1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans acquire Laremy Tunsil

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Aug 31, 2019.

?

Do you like the trade?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2020.
  1. YES

56.1%
  2. NO

43.9%
  1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This team is not set, the offense is better, but marginally. Running back is worse, dependent on injury prone wideouts. Deshaun still has to prove he can get rid of the ball and not try to be a hero.
    And OB sucks as a play caller.
    The defense has gotten worse and that’s not mentioning the schedule.

Don’t see them beating KC, New England or even LA in the AFC.

Can hope for the best but there is no guarantee from OB

Gray_Jay likes this.
  2. Fantasma Negro

That's why they play the games bro

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/01/n...-claims-trades-laremy-tunsil-jadeveon-clowney

On Saturday night, I told two of my friends—one of whom is a Patriots season ticket holder—that Dolphins’ Laremy Tunsil and Kenny Stills were traded to the Texans ... and they didn’t know who Tunsil was. So I called around to see how the offensive lineman is regarded across the league. Two execs I texted with regarded him as a top-five left tackle. Another said he’d put him at the top of the second tier, not quite what Tyron Smith or Trent Williams were in their primes, but not far off. So regardless of the price, Houston is getting a very worthy replacement for Duane Brown, two years after trading him.

Tunsil’s arrival shifts things with several players on Houston’s offensive line, notably their first- and second-round rookie linemen—the new left tackle is only two years older than Tytus Howard and Max Sharping, so it’s not like either is going to be positioned as Tunsil’s heir. After flipping over some rocks, my sense is that Howard will eventually become the team’s right tackle, and Sharping is at guard to stay. Of course, how quickly that happens boils down to their development.

To contextualize the Dolphins’ return in the Tunsil trade, it’s significantly more than what the Raiders got for Khalil Mack last summer or what the Giants got for Odell Beckham in March. You can argue with the move (it’s become increasingly tough to find young linemen), and what it might mean for the 2019 team, and for new coach Brian Flores in the short term. But it’s hard to argue that GM Chris Grier didn’t get the most he possibly could for a really good young tackle.

everyday eddie likes this.
  6. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

Price too high imo

7. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

The difference in Tunsil trade is that he wasn't disgruntled, a holdout or trying to renegotiate his contract. Miami optimized his value, as well as Stills value, which should have been much less.

As someone suggested in another thread, we sold low and bought high. Hopefully, Tunsil's stock continues to rise and Still becomes a contributor versus a distraction.

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The price for this trade was too damn high...considering that we were robbed for the clowney trade...Still in disbelief that the Texans trade a number one pick for a bag of skittles...

Tunsil also has red flags off the field.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Other than the draft day bong helmet video, what was there?

Gray_Jay likes this.
  10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have the Texans players revolted about losing Clowney?

11. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

What was the reason he dropped? He was consensus top 3 all year until the last few weeks where he dropped to 13.

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

So who is negotiating for the Texans? O’Brien? Cal? I don’t expect competency but getting bent over twice in a day is inexcusable.

txtodd likes this.
  13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

His father released the gas mask video

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Damn. Father snitched on him and probably the first one to ask for money on payday

J.R. likes this.
  15. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Same guy Tunsil beat up because he was beating on Tunsil's mom? http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/laremy-tunsil?id=2555201

Or perhaps the illicit benefits brouhaha and suspension had something to do with it? Guy's talented, works hard, and his teammates like him. That isn't the problem.

The insane price in draft picks, coupled with the idiocy in not getting this guy locked up for less than 21 million a year? (If he even signs for that. Maybe the Texans can recommend Master P be Tunsil's agent?)

Those are the problems. They're big ones.

16. Buck Turgidson

Ask their owner: do the inmates run the prison yet?

Fulgore and Win like this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

I hope someone else got this.

18. CrazyJoeDavola

If more people got it, it wouldn't be nearly as funny. :cool:

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. body slam

body slam Member

**** off. All I said is I don't like the price.I like him as a player. He's someone that that we do not have to wait 2 years to develop their game. I still don't like the price but it is what it is.

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The cost is...

[​IMG]

Deuce likes this.