1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook sending Rockets signals

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bilaal14, Jul 9, 2019.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Miami is hard capped. OKC wants to take on less salary than they send out but Miami cannot do that.

joshuaao likes this.
  2. photojoe

photojoe Member

I do. "No."

Paul

There has been nothing in his career at this point to make you think he could- even when he was playing with Durant. And his trajectory is also downwards.

Absolutely not

xaos and cerophilik like this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Speaking of sending signals.... @cyberx

[​IMG]

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He abandoned us all of FA lol.

I think it's because of posters who talk trash, they always eventually piss off the insiders and run them away.

cml750, lionaire, tmoney1101 and 5 others like this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It could be that he doesn't know anything, or perhaps anything he can pass on without getting in trouble. I hope that's the case.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Me personally?? No. But obviously if the Rockets are interested in acquiring him, they don't view his contract as being worse than CP3's.

7. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I think is better that we don’t hear anything. That way we don’t get hyped or the signing doesn’t happened because it leaked everywhere.

But yea u don’t want westbrick here. It would be ok for the regular season just coz he likes to play hard. But it will prob cause tension with Harden or someone will be unhappy. Westbrook would want more time with the ball to get his regular stats. And on the playoffs we would go out on the first round. He wants to be the man but he can’t because he isn’t that efficient.

8. rockets13champs

He’s fake dawg. Never got a single story right

9. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Either way it's going to lead to a lot of disappointed people.

10. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Westbrook's trajectory may be starting downwards. Paul? He's not downwards, he's way down. Certainly MUCH farther down the trajectory than Westbrook.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

and yet hes still the better teammate to have by far

12. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Possibly, that is a separate discussion. Just wanted to center around a still really good Westbrook vs a diminished, injured Paul.

Personally...while I get all the criticism against him...I think he'd be a better fit than people think. Given that the Rockets are aging...I think they might need to do something like that to stay in the hunt in the West.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. there's already more than enough sample size of what wb brings to the table. and that isn't making this team better in place of cp3. he can take his losing in the first round to a rookie and becoming lillard's B ways to miami or whatever losing team that wants to take a chance on him

14. mockster

mockster Member

2-3 years ago Westbrook is praised. Westbrook has all the ability to go back to his old form. I think he’s so use to playing as a 1 man and 2 man team he’s went into robot mode. I think he would do much better on a team that actually has support and decent role players. Only concern is him going stat padding mode, where he’s dump passing with 3 on the clock and ball hogging all game and stealing unesscary rebounds when he should be running down the floor.

I remember he use to be a much better shooter as well at least mid range anyway.

I still feel like Bradley Beal is the better choice, younger, coming off a great season, better contract, better shooter and evolving

Westbrook is the better pick if he can go back to his Durant okc era days.

15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Bullshit. Stop with all these delusional false hopes. Remember when people thought Butler driving in downtown was some type of sign? Please lock this thread up.

amaru and PeteChilcutBoss like this.
  16. rammo

rammo Member

I had a dream last night Westbrook came into my work randomly and ordered a coffee.

He’s certainly sending me signals...

Git er dun Morley

17. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

Wet dream @BeardNation13

18. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Must be a lil wayne guy

[​IMG]

19. biff17

biff17 Member

Ok but that still doesn't explain you giving 2 1st round picks to help a team that is more desperate than the rockets are.

Do you think the Rockets are that desperate to get Westbrook?

20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

He can beat anyone off the dribble, and create shots for himself and others. What about that is something we don't need?

FWIW...the scenarios I've heard don't involve Paul, so he'd still be there.