1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why haven't the Rockets made any moves to improve the roster?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 9, 2019.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

What's going on with the Rockets? They haven't made a SINGLE move to improve their roster and haven't singed a single outside player in FA. All this talk about fireworks and adding a significant player with the MLE and we have so many holes on the roster, what's the deal?

gatsby, HangTime, RocketsFido and 2 others like this.
  2. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

We do everything in our power to be different.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm fairly certain this topic has been broached in another thread.

gatsby, The Hunted, aelliott and 3 others like this.
  4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Tilman is not willing to pay luxury tax.

amaru likes this.
  5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Chess not checkers... We got 3 more years to move CP3s contract .. Patience!

Williamson likes this.
  6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

After 3 years, Harden's prime is passed.

Then lets rebuild.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

amaru likes this.
  8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I take it at face value that the Rockets have been trying to improve the team. But it's clear to me that most of the impact free agents signed for a lot more than our MLE. Even guys like Marcus Morris far exceeded what we could pay. And even guys like JaMychal Green who signed for $5 mil a year likely chose LA over us. So it's obvious to me that we just couldn't attract any impact free agents for the money we had available.

I'm sure we were all over the trade market, but i have to trust that what has been offered thus far, just isn't worth doing? I get the importance of continuity, and addition by subtraction is not something you do lightly if you have a good roster like ours. But the thing that just doesn't add up to me is that we have our draft picks. We have draft picks to trade. So presumably, since other teams have made big deals for star players like connely, davis, and paul george ...even deanglelo russell, basically just using draft picks, one would assume that we could do the same. If we are in win-now mode ...and i don't think that's in dispute, we needed to make a deal to for an impact player. and we have the draft picks to do something. So why haven't we done anything?

Dopamine and RichieBanks like this.
  9. bmd

bmd Member

I'm assuming the Rockets at this point are looking to sign veterans to minimum deals. The veterans are still searching for something better. If nothing better comes up, they'll settle for a minimum contract somewhere.

amaru likes this.
  10. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

WE BROKE BAYBEEEEE

11. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Ok breh

At this point why do you start a new thread for every random question that pops up in your head?

iJHolmes and Williamson like this.
  12. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Because according to the Morey newsletter we are the team to beat in the west. Why touch it when it’s not broken...right???

13. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Because between harden and cp3 they take around 78 mill of the cap ,and rrockets have no cap room left ,cp3 declined badly ,he cant even play a full season without being injured ,i blame morey on this one, another bad contract just like ryno and we prob have to give out another 1st round just to move it.Secondly after striking out on jimmy buckets ,i believe hes kinda worried that he may get fired so hes probably just telling tilman that we can win with this roster In hopes to keep his job. I would be open to the westbrook trade depending on wat okc is asking for .

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

DEYONTA DAVIS, BRO! DEYONTA DAVIS! HOW DO YOU GUYS KEEP FORGETTING DEYONTA DAVIS!?!?!?!

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because players that don’t move the needle were overpaid, in our opinion. Hence, we wait for a player that does move the needle, and we maintain flexibility so we are able to strike a deal when that player shakes loose. We don’t want to get handcuffed with mediocrity that does not optimize the value described in our analytical database.

16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Watch the game against champs at Scotiabank Arena in March, that was when there chemistry was clicking, i see why he doenst want to MESS with this group. Any big lineup changes might effect there chemistry.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  17. vick

vick Member

Tilman and Morey.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

we are running it back and running as one...

Didn’t u hear Morey? We were the best team in the league the 2nd half of last season.

we’re bringing our starting 5 back, not many teams can say that

we will be aggressive in the buyout market

amaru likes this.
  19. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

Tilman says he’ll spend whatever it takes and Brown says there will be Fireworks this FA season.......???

PeterKingX likes this.