1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Amick BOMB) - Rockets may pursue Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jul 7, 2019.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

This could severely test my Morey-kmows-what-he's-doing opinion.

2. xaos

xaos Member

If Westbrook can't win with Durant/Harden

victor oladipo

Paul George

What the actual f makes anyone (if there is anyone) believe he can win a ring at all?

JuNx likes this.
  3. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I see the Harden-WB dynamic playing out something like this

[​IMG]

4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Talk about a match made in heaven.

mikol13, juanm34 and Dacamel like this.
  5. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

now if all we lose is cp3 then ok but im not sure westbrook fit our system hell he cant shoot so idk

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Only if it involves dealing CP3's contract. As good as he was in his first year with us, CP3 has looked old and not impactfull in this year's playoff run.

I think Westbrook is starting to decline as a player, but he is still a one-man fast breaking machine, something we sorely need.

7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Lol if you trade for Westbrook and make the deal for Iggy it would be entertaining if nothing else.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Oh so Tad Brown thought we were going to have Butler and Westbrook while letting CP3 walk... those were the premature fireworks.

9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I might consider taking Westbrook over CP3 at this point as Westbrook is a bit younger, however, I doubt anyone would be willing to take on CP3’s contract at this point...especially in a trade for Westbrook. They could just have Westbrook in that scenario.

That means you have to give up Gordon and Capela...not worth it for Westbrook and the future makeup of this team.

RocketOrg likes this.
  10. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

But but but...Tuesday 5:45 tho?

11. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

I like the idea of Westbrook in Houston.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Get JJ & dragic for CP3 stay active in free agency

13. dmoneybangbang

Come on guys.... I’m sure the rockets have inquired but we don’t have a package that could beat another team.

Maybe we grab some vets as part of a multi team deal....

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Can't you use this same logic for harden

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The only positive I could see in this is dumping Paul’s contract.

You know Westbrook will opt out after next summer.

No way Paul and Westbrook and play together. NO WAY!

16. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mario_v and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I've never been a WB fan, just like I wasn't an Austin Rivers fan--until he came on board last year and proved himself.

WB is what many of you have described, both good and bad. What he brings that we don't have is elite speed and quickness. He can super charge MDA's desire to get the ball in play in 7 secs or less. He'll have to alter his game somewhat to fit into our style, but its doable. He's also a very good rebounder for a PG and the Lord knows we need rebounding.

CP3 could make sense for certain teams that need a vet PG, but I'm sure he's not thrilled about moving his family and will likely be picky with where he'll entertain moving to. I also don't know who is left that may be able to absorb his salary and that he would be ok playing for.

With that in mind, like most everything else this offseason, I'm highly skeptical that this has a realistic chance of happening. The CP3 piece is what's gonna be tough.

tmactoyao and joshuaao like this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

In my opinion, getting Westbrook in any way, shape, or form would be lunacy. The Knicks were mentioned in the original speculation by Amick, etc., as was Miami. Now other teams are mentioned as having possible interest. Fine, as long as it doesn’t include us getting Westbrook. The Rockets getting involved as a third team to help grease the wheels might be a possibility. I just don’t see how getting Westbrook is in the cards for us, and why we would want to.

CP3 might be older, but he’s a better fit, has a shorter contract, and is a hell of a lot smarter. If we were to move Chris, unlikely, I can’t imagine it involving Westbrook coming to Houston. Perhaps as part of a multiple team “Westbrook blockbuster” deal, where we move Paul, shake up the team, and acquire players that improve the rotation and actually make sense. Westbrook simply doesn’t. As it stands now, we have a damn good team, as hard as that is for some here to believe. There are things we need, but Russell isn’t one of them.

francis 4 prez, mikol13, jcf and 2 others like this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Or for CP3, before he came here he never come out of the 2nd round, and made it out of the 1st only one time.

everyday eddie likes this.
  20. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I'd love it. Nice to be relevant. Too much micro-analysis is not a good thing. He's a baller.

Rudyc281 likes this.