1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Athletic] Not Morey's Fault

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Jul 1, 2019.

1. gotsis

gotsis Member

Yeah, something doesn't add up. Maybe we once again tried to lure a free agent who didn't want to come, and this time, we risked burning bridges with the whole team since we did it as public as possible haha. Oh well, I'm happy I never really had lot's of hope for butler coming, on to the fringe players and hoping for CP3 to somewhat bounce back, KL not going to the lakers and Clint improving.

2. amaru

amaru Member

I don’t know enough about LBJ’s family situation to comment on that. I think Butler has some long standing issues with his biological family. If I remember correctly, his biological mother threw him out as a kid before he was taken in by other people. He may not have truly forgiven them for that. It’s just entertainment for us but it’s real life for him.

jdjd likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

So you caught feelings and got disappointed?

Butler said he would take a meeting with us, why wouldn’t we feel confident? Things change quickly. We offered Butler winning and Miami offered Butler to be the man. He choose to be the man.

Bids9 likes this.
  4. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Because you prepare for all scenarios in case he had a change of heart? As I heard before Harden was hanging out with Jimmy to feel him out and I am sure Harden at some point said we had a chance. They knew before the rest of us that we didn't have a chance and signed a center right away and shopping for more which my hunch is they are trying to move Capela for a mid level 3 and D wing.

I highly doubt it is because Morey sucks at his job, but more the factor that no matter what you offer a guy it is still that persons decision to come here. Those can come from many things unrelated to basketball like market share and environment. If you can blame anyone you should blame Harden for not showing free agents our beastly strip clubs.

5. Dream Shook

Dream Shook Member

Well, ones a New York Jew, the other ones a brash, eye-talian Texan with mob ties.

Honestly, what did we expect?

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We never had a chance...

7. BullRider

BullRider Member

"Two people from the Tomball area" lol the athletic

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

The Athletic has become Morey's mouthpiece.

Move over @cyberx, we got a new source.

cyberx likes this.
  9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

It occurs to me that maybe Morey knew that his only shot at getting Butler here was to shift the burden of disappointing the whole city by exaggerating the likelihood of him coming here. It might have worked but it didn't.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

@cyberx needs to give us an update!