1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Austin Rivers response to Game 6

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 6, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Except it was?

If that were true, game 6 would have been a blow out in there favor. Dont act like Durant doesnt benefit Curry on the floor, Curry has played well plenty of times with him.

Me too, but I also think he outperformed Curry as well.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

More evidence tonight that Curry's superhuman performances (like Game 6) wouldn't be all that frequent if he had that type of usage on a regular basis.

3. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Game 5

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The narrative that the warriors are an unbeatable dynasty and the rockets were the only ones who could challenge them looks pretty dead.

5. Mr. Clutch

he does look tired and just bad at times. Curry does consistently get slightly worse in the playoffs with the physicality wearing him out.

I think it's more the minutes than the usage as his usage has stayed pretty stable (around 30 since 2015) but Kerr is now regularly playing him over 40 minutes and sometimes making him play the whole 4th.

still this series he's 32, 5, 5 at 61%, 121 ortg so that's better than basically all harden playoff runs apart from 2015 perhaps.

And at least when Curry is tired he keeps moving and doesn't start having crazy 6+ turnover games so while he's not as good he's still a positive impact

PeterKingX likes this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It was always stupid, the only people that parrot it are some idiots here.

7. Mr. Clutch

And Murray

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Morey has to be though, it’s a direct reflection of his job performance. I would expect him to be extremely biased

9. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

After last night, would you trade Kawhi for Harden straight up if you had Kawhi guaranteed for the next 10 years? I think I would, especially after his comment last night after the game.

"I don't play hero basketball. I'm not playing for fans. I'm just playing to win. I'm not out here trying to break records ..."

That’s the heart of a champion right there.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yep. The team the Raptors played is the same exact, fully healthy, team everyone has played for years. Congrats to Kawhi. Somehow managed to beat Curry, who always shows up and doesn’t rely on all star teammates to help him win. Not sure how he did it. Maybe Kawhi didn’t ghost harder that Curry didn’t ghost or something.

Sajan likes this.
  11. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Curry took 3 from the 8 minute mark, Harden took 2 if you count the drive and foul. So Curry quit as well.
    Sad part is if that’s what you got out that game then there’s no point taking basketball with you.

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Lost G5 and G6 with Durant not playing makes Rockets be the laugh stock of NBA.

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

The difference is Rockets was struggling and Warriors playing smoothly.

Harden disapppeared when his team needed him badly.

14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Harden did what he had to to win the big games. He gets blamed for doing the right things and having scrubs miss wide open shots. I hate Curry, but no way can you not respect him as he has not missed a free throw since 2015 in a 4th quarter of any playoff game. He is not a choker in any stretch of the imagination. Harden had stupid turnovers and missed 5 free throws in the final game, but did not choke down the stretch....just needed better teammates.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I understand Ben's point, but i think Jackson didn't verbalize well what he meant, so Rivers just didn't want to touch it because he knows Harden does have those moments. It's a way to not admit it, but also not lie about it. You can see how he looked down and then started playing with his clothing, followed by a stare at Vince, hoping Vince would start talking and save him from an awkward moment.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He displayed flashes of brilliance but he cannot, you know, discipline himself over a whole season and postseason, there is a relapse somewhere.

I can't fault him, wished he had a family to back him up when he is down.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

100% agree with @Nook here. Now.....compare the Rockets lack of adjustments to what Raptors Nick Nurse is doing. Even to the extent of throwing out a box in 1 defensive alignment to throw the Warriors off a bit. Or starting Fred VanVleet in the 2nd half.

Coaching matters. And the Rockets defense is what lost them the series.

Nook, BaselineFade and D-rock like this.
  18. Mr. Clutch

Green klay and Curry all played over 40 minutes yesterday. This is the dynastic trio harden fans have been saying is unprecedented in history and therefore unfair to criticize harden for not beating.

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Except he faked an injury and quit on a season.

20. pass_to_Hakeem

I can’t stand her hating ass or her mustache!! But boy ohhhhhhhh boy do I LOOOOOOOOOATHE!! Michelle Beadle, now SHE... is a Rockets hater!!