1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel movies] Infinity War! (Part 1 and 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Zergling

Zergling Member

On Stan Lee:

They had his last cameo appearance but I was kind of surprised to not see any other tribute to him with the logo introduction or end credits unless I just missed it. The Marvel logo introduction they used in Captain Marvel was great and I thought they'd use that again

Invisible Fan likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Agreed 100%. They have thousands of plot-lines from the comic source material. Not every villain has to be uber-powered to beat the heroes. Dr. Doom has done it multiple times and he's really just an inferior Iron Man who can do some magic.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Doom is basically Lex Luthor with powers. His intellect exceeds anybody in these Marvel movies, the form he achieves in Secret Wars is superior than Thanos with the IG, he actually rips Thanos’s spine out from his chest in that arc (albeit, with no IG).

4. Xerobull

We talking about original or 'new' Secret Wars? I don't remember that from the old comic, but I am getting old.

5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

So they acknowledged the whole Back to the Future 2 scene which I'm guessing influenced decades of sci-fi film-making.

And then Bruce and The Ancient One concluded that in order to prevent the timelines from breaking, the stones had to be returned at the exact same moment they're taken from the past.

So Cap says in the end that after fixing everything, starts a new life with Peggy. It's possible not to have an alternate timeline if everything is still in place and Cap was just spending time that his other body was frozen in and they could avoid the whole butterfly effect theory.

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

New Secret Wars, i’d post the print but i’m on the phone. Look up God Emperor Doom.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

He didn't reappear...he clearly walked there and sat down on the bench so he'd be there at the right time.

mikol13 likes this.
  8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Did you consider that he wasn't using his full force? He didn't feel like he needed to, he was sure he would win. Remember the comment he made about arrogance earlier in the movie? It wasn't a throw-away line, it applied to Thanos as well.

When he realized how much of a threat Marvel was after she destroyed his ship and wasn't stunned by his headbutt, he hit her with the full force of the power stone.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

This is inaccurate. The Gamora that was there was past Gamora (2014 Gamora from here), she is still alive and has no memories of the Guardians.

She clearly did a disappearing act at the end of the film and Star-Lord is searching for her, this is obviously setting up Guardians 3.

2018 Gamora is dead...sacrificed to the soul stone and won't be coming back.

mikol13 likes this.
  10. Xerobull

There's nothing in the current Marvel Movie cannon (that I could think of) that says that Peggy Carter didn't 'hide' her relationship with Steve all along..it's not like he isn't skilled or smart enough to work to make it happen, too. It might be a stretch but everyone has met someone who was married that you had no clue about for years because there were no pictures or mentions of a spouse until a casual comment one day.

11. Xerobull

Got it. I'm aware of the story-line but didn't read it, and Doom ripping out spines sounded a little to hardcore for 80's comics. :)

Edit: Found the scene :

[​IMG]

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

like having to say goodbye to your summer camp crush.

#992 REEKO_HTOWN, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    daywalker02 likes this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If '14 Gamora is still around as a plotline for GotG3, that would wreck up continuity.

I was thinking about Marvel being underpowered against Thanos while watching, but you could say using the stones and wearing the gauntlet a lot longer weakened his fighting skills.

14. droxford

droxford Member

Remember in Infinity War, when Thor arrived at the battle? That "WHOA! BAD-ASS!" feeling? Are there any moments like that in Endgame? (simple answer, please - no spoilers).

15. red

red Contributing Member

Saw it last night. Minus the talking and crying toddlers that douche bag parents brought in...movie was epic.

Already watched a bootleg version today

BigM likes this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Do not go to Lesean Mccoy's twitter page; he leaked all the spoilers

17. Xerobull

Exactly. The soul stone is a soul for a soul. The stones can't get around this rule. But....Cap DID take the stones back to exactly where they got them from per Hulk's promise to the Ancient One, which means he might have gotten Black Widow out of the soul-jail. I'm thinking this is all laid out in the Black Widow movie (which I'm hoping is an over-the-top comedy hi-jinx escape movie in tribute to the classic Stir Crazy, with BW and Red Skull in the main roles).

After all, the soul stone had to BE there for 2018 Gamora to die to get it again for Thanos.

18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Yes

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They could digitalize him and continue with the cameos if they'd really like to.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Google is Powerful.

#1000 daywalker02, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019