1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets should have gone for Seth Curry last off season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mastan, Apr 17, 2019.

1. SemisolidSnake

I wouldn't be able to stand the media if this had happened. Not that I can stand them now, but it would be even stupider. Harden could put up the same numbers this year; hell, he could have gotten even more assists if we'd gotten this expert shooter, Seth Curry. Regardles, the entire year, we would have been subjected to the "rivalry of the brothers" in the media even though it's the rivalry of the Rockets and Warriors and the matchup between the best player in the NBA and the best team in the NBA. Would've been nothing but the Curry brothers, even though that would only be on the radar because the Rockets are the only contenders to the Warriors in the first place.

2. s3ts

s3ts Member

TBH, didn't know he was going to be that good. I don't think anyone thought he was going to be that good either.

But I tip my hat to the Blazers. They've had **** luck in drafting injury-prone super stars, but they sure do know how to run the organization when it comes to providing the team w/ role players, proper coaching, etc.

3. jacoby

jacoby Member

But he was already really good. He's battled injuries but he's been winging it on a slew of minimum contracts. There was literally zero risk and Morey should have been on his doorstep at 12:01AM on July 1st.

45% from 3. We opted for MCW instead though.

waytookrzy079 and mastan like this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I'd 10-day Momma Curry.

dc rock likes this.
  5. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I dont even know this is the right way to say it in english.

But I hate time traveling threads and I hate it even more if they are born on playoffs.

Seth would be a long time project on our switching scheme, long term projects are not the expected production on a minimum for a contending team. Can you see him defending the low post against any player on the league?

No wonder people seems so sad all the time, if you spend your time thinking about what ifs, what else can you feel but regrets

Louka and DreamQuake like this.
  6. pauebtg

pauebtg Member

I'd rather have Austin Rivers...

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  7. mastan

mastan Member

A team like Rockets that live and die by 3 pointers should have few 40%+ 3 points shooters in the team... else unfortunate things bound to happen at crucial time. Plus Rocket is a poor rebounding team, that means not much second chance 3 point attempts to compensate for the mediocre percentage.

#28 mastan, Apr 17, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  8. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

9. lionaire

lionaire Member

10. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Are you not enjoying the playoffs right now? Why are u thinking about the off season when you should be concentrating on the playoffs?

I called these casual bandwagon fans

D-rock likes this.
  11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We'll go after him with what's left over of our MLE to replace Gordon after the trade for Butler. ;)

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Eddy Curry was 100% from three for his career.

13. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Some people will b**** about winning only 10 grand

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Lets see your special talent.

I'm guessing it would be along the lines of making ill-advised threads at the most inopportune times? We just finished shallacking the Jazz in a blowout Game 1.. not getting blown out ourselves.

This thread belongs in the offseason scrap heap not the mid-playoff run Garm rotation.

Louka and YOLO like this.
  15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Hindsight is 20/20....

amaru likes this.
  16. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

your mom has no talent

edit: /thread

FLASH21 likes this.
  17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I think you have it backwards, should read, "your mom has more talent'. :eek:

/thread

Louka likes this.
  18. s3ts

s3ts Member

I don't think you're being completely fair to the Rockets org. We had just lost Mbah a Moute and Ariza, so our priorities were to find replacements for them. Trading Ryno adds more of a need for bigger bodies and good 3 pt shooting, as Chriss was not a shooter and Knight was a backup guard.

A versatile, athletic wing defender who can knock down 3s is what we wanted.

So, I'd agree that we should've tried to get Seth, but I don't think he fits the profile of what we really wanted at the time.

19. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Yeah man we're all on Twitter too

fryjol7 likes this.