1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN+] Kobe Bryant to DETAIL James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Fly like an eagle back to LA

2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I dont consider him a excellent defender. I.could name 10 guys that was better...u cant add for his offense load...cause we talking strictly d. He was good not great. I would listen to Shane...Bruce Ariza Stephen Jackson. I could go on.

3. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Curse or not can we just leave James alone until the season is over

RyanB likes this.
  4. rocketseagles07

Oh yea that’s right... being objective when it comes to other players is a no no but we expect fans to be objective with beard.

Let me go back to the place I’ve never been and cheer for the team I hate more than any other franchise

BeBreezy likes this.
  5. rocketseagles07

So who that had his offensive load was better? We factor in James offensive load for defense but not his? El oh el

6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

No I dont when I'm consider a person defense. He is explaining how to stop so one defensively. I would never think detail James harden explains how to stop someone lmao. Now how to score yea. My point if he is like a all time great defender. Him being good offensive has no sway to me. I want a all time great that was know for defense telling me how to play defense period

rocketseagles07 likes this.
  7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

What do you mean? Harden got cursed in 2015 and then had a terrible game 5 vs GSW setting the record for turnovers. Then they had a disappointing season the next year. In 2017 Harden came back strong but couldn't win the MVP over Westbrook, then he also had an awful performance against the Spurs. In summer 2017 Lil B lifted the curse on Harden on ESPN, and then Harden had an MVP season.

Nelly likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Kobe is surprisingly good at these analysis. He has talent.

@Deuce -- what's the curse?

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

This is the stupidest thing I've heard.

He was dominate against gsw that series but people only remember the bad ending.

2015 had everything to do with dwight, harden was still historically great.

2017 harden was again historically great but narrative about trip dubs screwed him.

Harden won the MVP because he had no competition for it.

RealRocFan47 likes this.
  10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

well the facts are that Harden has had his most success when the curse has been lifted as opposed to when it's been in effect.

11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Lol ok man....

12. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Looking forward to tips on how to jack up as many shots as possible until trading for either young Shaq or young Pau Gasol. Also, how to nickname oneself but being sure to make it a crappy nickname to suggest that one did not spend too much time on it.

Stephen_A likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Talking seriously about curses in 2019 [​IMG]

biff17, BeBreezy and BigggReddd like this.
  14. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Prime Pippen would have been able to slow Harden down, that's about it I think. Glad there's no one like him in the NBA now.

BamBam likes this.
  15. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I can't think of an NBA player that more was more aware that others were watching him than Kobe Bryant. His facial expressions, his reactions, his mannerisms. Anything he says about James, he'll present with the import of Moses delivering the Ten Commandments. Nobody takes Kobe Bryant's mystique more seriously than Kobe Bryant.

Great Player. He can go to hell.

Stephen_A, Bearded13 and I am a Donut like this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:D I wish we had Kobe and not TMac... ​

17. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Harden can dribble, pass, dunk, lay it up, float it, hit the 3pt from either a standing shot or from a step back/side step, hit the mid-range, can post up, can hit the fade away, can hit free throws at a high percentage. Basically, he can do it all.

How many times has Harden been double teamed in games still hit over 30 points? How many times have the other teams hacked at him and he's still managed 30 point games?

The point is, if Harden's playing well, he's literally unstoppable. And even if he's playing that well, he can still get 30 point games. They can analysis all they want.... it's not going to stop him.

Stephen_A, RyanB, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  18. valorita

valorita Member

Replace Kobe’s teams with Harden and I’m not sure he would have less success.
    Shaq + Jimbo = dynasty.
    Current Harden + prime Gasol, Bynum, Odom and not facing Warriors = championships

It’s a debate.

RyanB likes this.
  19. jb86

jb86 Member

Why can't Kobe do a take on KD or Greek Freak? Its like they trying to help the rest of the league stop Harden and the Rockets.

RyanB and D-rock like this.
  20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I’ll watch this. It’ll be interesting to see how Kobe analyzes a superior player.