1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey is a horrible gm

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTruth, Jun 30, 2017.

1. farhen

farhen Member

remembering 2015-2016 season all over again

2. thedude077

thedude077 Member

You're still very wrong.

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Now here's a guy I agree with.:D

4. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Mood Bump ;)

Os Trigonum likes this.
  5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Come on, man. Why is everyone complaining all the time? Support your team.

ico4498 and HP3 like this.
  6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol this post didn't age too good

SuperKev likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that post was crap on June 30, 2017

SuperKev and CDrex like this.
  8. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Morey has gotten a free pass for too long, as much as I appreciate his ambition, his vision and actual results are significantly apart (and getting wider).

Largely been living off the Harden trade, which as others have rightfully pointed out on this board, was now 7 years ago. Let's not even discuss his efforts at the draft..

I'd be me more than fine with getting a fresh look in the front office, Harden's got 3-4 more years.

cheke64 likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

lmao...it’s very hard to get a guy better than Morey...it’s very easy to get someone much worse

Is Morey the best in the game? No, but please dude, step away from the ledge.

HP3 likes this.
  10. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Among the more ridiculous posts I've read in a long time. So having the best record in the NBA and going to the Western Conference Finals last year (and almost beating the Warrior superteam) is somehow "significantly apart (and getting wider)" is so laughable I thought it was a joke. Morey has us in the hunt for a championship then and now.

HP3 likes this.
  11. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

I wish threads could be voted on like CF was years ago. That was an AWESOME mechanism for weeding out off the rails crazy threads that are started so regularly. For instance if someone started a thread "James Harden is the worst player in the NBA!!!!" or "Morey is an idiot for not trading (insert scrub) for Lebron James!!!". Threads like that would have a negative 75 score in minutes. The person would get the message almost no-one shares your views and it cut down on that sort of thing considerably.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One thing is for sure, if Morey did not luck out on getting Harden from OKC (OKC actually willing to pay him) then all would look very different.

Also Morey said in interviews thereafter that he never imagined Harden becoming the player that he is now, therefore it was very likely not in his plans to bank his GM career on one player.

I do not think that Chris Paul or Dwight Howard would have signed with us or would have been willing to be traded here if there was no Harden or any other player recruiting them to join them.

#352 daywalker02, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    BigShasta likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And it's funny how the perspective shifted from virtually everyone singing praise to 'In Morey I trust' years ago to actually a healthy percentage questioning him today.

Got to be this below average offseason. Or people actually started thinking for themselves.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The results speak for themselves.

End of Tmac-Yao
    to
    Spare parts roster
    to
    Harden/Dwight
    to
    Harden/Paul

He's steered the ship without ever tanking (which he wants to do), made two WCF appearances against the Dynasty Warriors team, probably has the 2nd or 3rd best record in the WCF over his tenure, etc. He is definitely not perfect, but the idea that we could have expected better is silly.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Morey did not luck out. Luck comes by chance. The trade for James Harden was extremely deliberate and in no way by chance. Are you saying Morey didn't mean to get James Harden?

Ohhhhhhh, you're saying Morey was too stupid to foresee James Harden's future. Guess what Dude: no one can foresee anyone's future. Never thought of that before? Did you foresee Harden's future? Then why should we care about your feelings, since you don't know crap, according to your own standard?

And, in an alternate universe, CP and Dwight never joined the Rockets. So, in your alternate universe, Morey sucks even more.

Why don't you quit acting like a baby and support the team you supposedly like?

#355 sirbaihu, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    LFE171 likes this.
  16. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Just when you clowns start to doubt Morey, he comes up with his calculator and unexpected trades to b**** slap you back into your holes.

17. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

I love you Marley[​IMG]

snowconeman22 and bmelo like this.
  18. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Last year the man built a team that was up 3-2 in the Western Conference Finals vs a team that is at least made up of three hall of famers in their prime possibly four. Paul busting his hammy was terrible circumstances. Then the players puckered up.

Morey was tasked to rebuild this franchise without have any losing seasons under Le$ Alexander's ownership.

Morey will eventually break through and win it all.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Ye of little faith

Rocket River

ico4498 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I was calmly assessing the situation. You may agree or disagree but there is no need to go ballistic.

Acting like he is your daddy or your girl's parent/relative, there is nothing personal here.

Your tone seems to be that of a raging teen, I know you are familiar with teh Far East, so yeah, why not try an ancient proverb or go meditate to calm down?

PS
    I dun agree with with my parents a ton, does not mean I do not support them,
    it's the same with the team.