1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

2018/2019 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 1, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Hope OP comes back soon...

Jontro and daywalker02 like this.
  3. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Where is he?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Talked to him, it's a more delicate matter. A thin line if you will.

Dude feels disrespected but it's the owner of the page, can't really go against him.

#704 daywalker02, Dec 29, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

@Jontro breh

It's the Year of LFC! Let's fap to this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Deja vu.. Pogba playing like Hazard played after Mourinho was sacked. Is it because he was tanking because he had issues with Mourinho or because Mourinho wasn't using him right or a combination of both?

Beyond whatever people feel about him, isn't it fascinating how he expires at about 3 years at every job? Is he just the type that grinds people down? Does he sabotage his teams on purpose to get sacked and collect what's due on his contract while sitting at home?

On the one hand, he might even grind on his own family as they lived in London while he worked in Manchester. On the other hand, even when his players love him and are committed to him, he makes enemies of management and/or local media which always leads to his sacking.

Still wouldn't mind him at Madrid at all. He got them to the cusp of winning the Champions. And led them to arguably the best Spanish league title ever with 100 points and 121 goals. Certainly the most entertaining I've seen. They don't have the talent to win big without Ronaldo or a player like him anyway, might as well wreak some havoc in Spain.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

is old gunner soldier really that good of a manager or is it just a case of mourinho being so toxic that just having him removed makes any team significantly better?

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Probably both but Mourinho has not been aging well in manager years.

New system!

https://www.premierleague.com/news/963619

#709 daywalker02, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    Jontro likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Pulisic moving to Chelsea for € 64M, loaned back for remainder of the season.

ramotadab and daywalker02 like this.
  11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I’m not sure what to think about this move. Great for Pulisic financially and to have an American command that much in a transfer is big. Just not sure if he plays much more than he is now. Some things will have to happen at Chelsea. I do think Hazard is already in Madrid. Willian is already 30. So maybe he does have a good chance...certainly better than if he had gone to Liverpool.

If anything, there are millions of US fans that will be paying much closer attention to Chelsea next season. He might pay for much of that transfer fee in marketing. I’ll remain a United fan but I’ll be keeping an eye on Pulisic in blue as well.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

i read that pulisic hasn't been performing up to standard this season, offensively.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

A few minor injuries, a new coach that doesn't appear to have the same respect for his game that the previous few did, and Sancho's emergence has led to fewer minutes. He's likely plateaued at BVB and needs a new challenge.

14. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

What's poppin in Munchen tonight? Got a flight to London delayed so I'll spend the night and morning here... too bad it's already a bit late, so I'll probably connect the PS4 to the TV in my hotel room lol

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

shoulda called atw or tizz breh, they would have stayed over the night and play ps4 with you while complaining about bayern football.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Or call us to know whose year it is!

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You should definitely post more, brehski!

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

They can complain all they want as long as they don't touch my breh Niko Kovač. But the weather in Munich over the weekend was horrendous, turned my 4-hour return flight Zagreb-Munich-London into a 24-hour one. I just stayed in the hotel room and watched Harden's game winner over and over again.

Still lurking every day, but will try to be more active soon. Had a lot of changes in the last year, moved to London for work, started my PhD in Dublin, won 2nd place at the World Cup :D etc

Gdaliya and Jontro like this.
  20. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Unbelievable pass.
    As he ages, I see him doing more and more of this. Need Dembele to step up though.