1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMZ Sports] Kareem Hunt Attacks Woman on Video

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by gucci888, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Work on self control. People stop themselves from doing things that are wrong all the time.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

When are you a man? 28, 23, 18, 16, 14, 10, 6? What line are you drawing for it's ok to put your hands on? Don't we know at every age it's not ok? Yet it happens to all of us. What I'm saying is everyone should look in the mirror and think about how close they were to being in the exact same situation, whether you realized you were doing it or not, because it's happened to just about everyone.

3. Nook

Nook Member

No, it didn’t just about happen to everyone. Lots of men never shoved or put there hands on a woman (your word). Lots of men were never close to put their hands on a woman.

Honestly it just sounds like you are trying to rationalize poor decisions you have made in the past. Maybe you should look in the mirror and realize it isn’t acceptable to put your hands on a woman.

Harrisment likes this.
  4. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

5. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Err, I'm pretty sure that the percentage of humans, especially grown men, who haven't ever put their hands on a woman is a WHOLE LOT higher than 1%...

I think you are projecting. I also get the impression (and not just from your posts in this thread) that you are associating or have previously associated with a questionable crowd, one influential enough to shape some of your worldview and influence some of your bad decisions.

It's one thing for a man to get annoyed or upset with a woman. People aren't saints, and every once in awhile something or someone frustrates them or pisses them off. (Although...I think if those negative emotions occur frequently or easily...especially about minor things, then that's a warning sign of trouble.)

It's another for that to escalate to violence. I'm pretty damn sure that the vast majority of decently socially well-adjusted men have never and will never put their hands on a woman, and most/all of their social circles have never gotten violent with a woman. It's not hard and you don't need a high IQ or EQ to know that.

Emotionally stable, mature people don't let their feelings get out of control.

Anyway, as for Hunt, I think he'll play in the NFL again in a few years, possibly as soon as next season. I don't think he'll get Ray Rice'd.

Nook likes this.
  6. Newlin

Newlin Member

No no no. It's not impossible. It's easy. Very very easy. You just don't do it. I've never tussled, pushed, hit, or kicked any women.

I also don't get in fights with men. I would never get into a physical confrontation with someone unless I'm fighting for my life. Bad and unplanned things can happen when people get into fights. I really have no fear of what a woman could do to me unless they have a weapon. If a woman comes at me in anger I'm just getting away as quickly as possible. I'm definitely not striking back in any way.

Nook likes this.
  7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

NFL Radio reports the league is investigating another incident involving Hunt in June.

He needs to get a thicker skin.

Earliest he plays again is the 2020.

#47 Houstunna, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The only time it's acceptable to hit a woman is if she attacks you and there's reason to think she could win the fight or do serious bodily injury to you if you don't fight back. Basically you get attacked by Ronda Rousey, you can hit her back if you are capable. If you get attacked by Cristiane "Cris Cyborg" Justino, you are allowed to hit her back, but you'd be better off just trying to run away.

9. Buck Turgidson

This.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah it isn’t hard or complicated. Exercise self control and don’t push or hit women.

Bandwagoner and bigtexxx like this.
  11. conquistador#11

if one of my groupies didn't juant to have the secs with any of you guys, I'd knock her the f' out too, homies! I got y'alls back.

(I can't believe some are defending this guy. he kicked her after she was down.)

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

kicking someone while they are down is so f'ed up it's an idiom. It's only the fact that we saw a previous NFL player drag an unconscious girl by her hair and it wasn't a horror movie that this isn't as shocking.

Nook likes this.
  13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You dont put your hands on a woman ..Until you have no choice but to put your hands on her .

Whether you have or not, and whether it's easy, largely depends on one's experiences and environment.

I never have, but I also don't have physically aggressive women around me or hang out with drunk women. So it's been "easy" for me not to do it .

But if for some reason I had a drunk woman trying to scratch my eyeballs out one day? Probably not so easy...

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yikes

15. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

You are really trying to compare children wrestling to an adult man putting his hands on a woman? There’s a massive and obvious difference in those two scenarios. I have to believe you know that.

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

Tony Dungy saying he wouldn’t sign him because he lied it’s quite funny since he was the biggest endorser to get Michael Vick in the league who lied to the Falcons .

17. steveng125

steveng125 Member

The dude tapped her with his shoe. It looked like he didn’t even use force in that kick. I was hearing about this incident I was thinking he kicks her hard in the face or something...wrong to touch a woman but this isn’t something that should be blown up like it is.

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I think I understand what you're saying here. It's OK to take a swing at a woman if she's this woman:

[​IMG]

Although in all actuality you'd be better off running away.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What about this chick? I don't think she should have been hit... but I'm not exactly mad that she got hit.

[​IMG]

20. Major

Major Member

On a side note, the NFL should put TMZ on retainer as their research firm on these things.

Nook likes this.