1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Titans @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Regarding Vrabel-BOB... they were talking a ton before the game. Vrabel also apparently had some obligations right after the game.

Not much to make of it.

Fullcourt likes this.
  2. Granville

Granville Member

I was happy to see an L hung on Vrabel in this game. Don't hate the guy, I just think he not quite as good of a coach that he thinks he is.

HstnSprtsFan101 and Rashmon like this.
  3. Nimo

Nimo Member

We already learned how much the offense opens up when they are able to run the ball. Last night it looked like the playbook opened up when they got down by 10 early. Even before the run game got going. Gives me confidence that O"Brien and Watson will play more aggressively if they need to.

red5rocket and Granville like this.
  4. Granville

Granville Member

It seemed to be coming from Vrabel. I just think he's gotten the big head and feels he's a better coach than BOB.

Regardless of any post game obligations it takes 2 seconds for a look in the eyes and shaking the hand of a guy that let you get in to coaching.

RunninRaven likes this.
  5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Pretty much this.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Gotta still make blocks and hold down the rush to play aggressively.

They tried to do make some deep throws on the first couple of drives, and couldn't hold the Titans pass rush. Playing aggressively will backfire in those situations.

The run game is everything for this still extremely limited offense (mainly due to the line issues). If they get that going (and it was going well last night), it opens everything up. I know everybody is still up in arms about the runs up the middle, but they do have a role in this league, and especially on this team.

Joshfast and Blatz like this.
  7. plee

plee Member

Just depends on where he is lined up and the play, JJ takes such a wide angle at times the tackle would be out of position so the tight end if he is on that side will have to take him is my guess.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You can't fake being an NFL head coach, no matter what your playing background is or how well liked you are in this league.

Vrabel does have his team playing hard... but the last 2 weeks have shown that their X's/O's limitations is definitely catching up to them once teams dissect how to exploit their weaknesses (and this was seen in similar fashion with last year's defense).

Granville likes this.
  9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Guess I should have added that caveat to "new" NFL coaches.

There are certainly a good amount of re-treads that made a living based on initial success elsewhere. Fisher did have a successful run with the Titans, no matter how you slice it. No, he should not have gotten an additional 10 years after the SB run (even though there were some good years there), and he certainly lucked out to get the Rams job.

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No one faked it better and did less with more than Jeff Fisher.

Rocket River likes this.
  12. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. If they were being friendly before the game, then I'm guessing Vrabel is just the type of guy that takes losses personally and didn't feel like talking right after. But if definitely felt weird that they didn't even look each other in the eye.

Granville likes this.
  13. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Seemed weird, but it could be that they consider each other legit friends, therefore they don't need to subject themselves to the usual formalities. Who knows.

Joshfast likes this.
  14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

My guess is exactly this. I bet BOB didn't want to rub anything in, and a quick high five is all that's needed.

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Coutee is D2D with his hamstring.

Let him DNP until Week 17.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Luke warm take, we might have our new Arian Foster when it comes to chronic soft tissue injuries on the Texans in Coutee

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

Damn. They just don't make hamstrings like they used to.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

pfft! Bruce Ellington is averaging 5 catches a game with Detroit with half of a hamstring.. No really

19. TheBrownDude

TheBrownDude Member

So like when did the Colts/Chargers/Steelers all of a sudden become gods when the media talks about us?

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Seriously. . . . Jeff "8-8" Fisher was the epitome of privileges old school coaches

Rocket River