1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Walter E. Williams: AA civil rights leader speaks on biggest problem plaguing AA community

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Senator

Senator Member

Progress requires being brave, being smart and understanding how the institution you want to change works. None of that is on display here, just people riding the status quo, happy to take symbolic baby steps that don't result in anything. Hopefully community leaders can get through to citizens , because it's clearly a they have to be the same skin tone as me to know what's best for me situation here.

Champs likes this.
  2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You should be hailed as a true American hero for the bravery of your postings on clutchfans.net.

CometsWin likes this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If I don't have the IQ to get it then it is really unfortunate because you don't even have the IQ to counter my posts.

jcf likes this.
  4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I laughed.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ah, when you can't counter an argument just make random assertions about how the person you disagree with doesn't have a job and is a loser with zero proof or evidence to that claim.

This post is actually the most garbage post in this thread (and that's saying something) as it was nothing but a personal attack on top of being a complete strawman. I would be offended by it but the irony of it is really top notch since all you do in this forum, this particular forum, is insult others and add nothing to any single discussion. I'm not even sure you're capable of discussing politics at all.

Must be nice for you to pick and choose which stats you want to pay attention to though. Some of us do live in the real world I'm afraid so can't go along with your delusions. I must give it to you, ignorance is bliss, truly.

deadlybulb and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. foh

foh Member

What you have done is post an article by a supposed "civil rights leader" when in fact Walter Williams is not a civil right leader and has stated so himself here - in fact if you try to image-google "Walter Williams Rally" & "Al Sharpton Rally", you will see starkly different image results.

And as far as for William's "solution" that you seem to interpret as: "the Black Man" should "become accountable", "look in the mirror", "become a better man/father", "look up to positive role models". That's not a solution. That's what a pastor teaches during bible study and only work for a very certain type of a person (if that). Show me a single example where such "solution" has improved lives of a minority before. Show us those stats that you purport to believe so religiously into..

I come from an unjust country and I have seen what an unjust country does to a man. It causes depression and alcoholism. As an immigrant I have believed in a better life for myself and I have believed that American system is much less rigged than anything I've had prior. I didn't face discrimination here to dissuade that believe (I am white). That belief has made me a very prosperous man. BLM is fighting to gain that belief for a community that have yet to really obtain it. And I fully support them in doing so and think it's one of the main solutions to the poverty and violence that this community is mired in. I also think that BLM have produced very tangible positive results. I live in Chicago and have seen those rallies first hand. I have also seen rallies against gun violence by those same communities.

Keep on preaching.

ps. Asians face less discrimination because they are "whiter" and less threatening looking - sorry to stereotype here.

biff17 and JayGoogle like this.
  7. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

You could defend yourself by posting about how you do, in fact, work hard and have a good steady job. The fact that you don't and just respond with, "Your post is garbage!" leads me to believe that you don't in fact have a decent, full-time job and maybe even no job at all. You're probably just a full-time keyboard SJW screaming and yelling on the internet about how life is unfair.

Seriously, what do you do for living? I design hospitals.

I'm making it personal because you, in particular, continually demonize white people on this forum.

What is it that you keep typing, #WhiteGenocide?

In your DREAMS!!!

Ironically it is you who are living in a fantasy world.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Dude, I honestly give exactly zero _____s about what you think about me. Like, I completely don't care at all.

You're making it personal because you can't have a grown-up discussion about the topic at hand.

I've never demonized white people, you can prove me wrong and quote where I did since it was apparently so egregious. Go ahead.

Otherwise, have fun.
    [​IMG]

9. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Why so blue?

10. deadlybulb

My bad, #WhiiteGenocide is CometsWin. It's easy to get you goofs mixed up.

You're like the three stooges of this forum, you CometsWin, and I forgot about RocketRiver.

BTW, still avoiding the question, I see.

It's now plain as day you are a net NEGATIVE to society.

GET A JOB!!!!

11. deadlybulb

Whatever do you mean? I've never been happier. Berating useless people makes me outright giddy.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

13. CometsWin

What level of income is required for me to be able to discuss how the whites in our society have historically rigged an economic and a political system in their favor to the detriment of the browns and the blacks? Please advise.

I think in order for you to be able to discuss this topic with me you will be required to have one of the blacks and at least two of the browns who have been your bestest friends since high school. Please confirm.

If you are unable to comply to this minimum standard then YOU are a net NEGATIVE to humanity and should prepare yourself for the #WhiteGenocide.

Hope I did that right...

14. deadlybulb

Thanks for proving my point yet again, racist.

Wow this is like shooting fish in a barrel.

And I'm not referring to level of income at all. I'm talking about simply having a job, period.

I dont think that you or JayGoogle are even employed seeing as how you post your drivel on this site like 15-20 hours a day.

You could do a lot better for you and your family if you stopped all this crying on an internet basketball forum and instead focus on a career whatever the income may be

Back to the point of the thread, you'd be a lot better off if you stopped blaming white people for all of your problems.

JayGoogle, I owe you an apology. You are not the #WhiteGenocide guy. It's clearly the racist, CometsWin.

15. CometsWin

Hey, you demand I get a jerb and I demand that you state how many blacks and browns are some of your best friends.

Fair is fair!

16. deadlybulb

My best friend is actually a black girl. You'd probably consider her a traitor, though b/c she married and had children with a white man.

Oh, and get a job. You clearly don't have one. Whining on the internet is not a job.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree with you up about this far. There are communities caught in a vicious cycle, and the cycle must be broken. I don't believe more law enforcement is the answer though. It should be provided in measure of course, but it continues to come with the negative externalities of racism and brutality that feed the problem. Having more of that doesn't sound constructive to me. There's more than that going on here, and I don't really disagree there are cultural problems to be addressed as well. But, I'm not going to be sympathetic to any argument which says (in effect to my ears) "we don't have to change anything we do in order to address this problem, black people have to solve it all by themselves."

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

19. deadlybulb

You know how you've won an argument on the internet? The loser resorts to posting animated gifs because they have no recourse in the debate.

I love it!

Seriously stop spending all of your time on posting on Clutchfans and get a god damn job. Use this energy to your advantage instead of constantly ******** on people who are way more successful than you are. Learn from them. Don't hate them.

This is country offers the rare opportunity to make something of yourself and you keep holding yourself back. Focus on YOU, not what is wrong with everyone else.

Senator has given you a path. I personally don't care any more as I think you and people like you are a lost cause. You have to learn how to make your own way and, fortunately for you, people are trying to help you. Listen to them, for God's sake

20. biff17

biff17 Member

TRIGGERED!!!!!!!!!!!

JayGoogle and deadlybulb like this.