1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Toni Storm vs Meiko Satomura in the QF’s of the Mae Young Tourney probably tops Bayley beating Sasha for the NXT Women’s title at TakeOver:Brooklyn I, Charlotte/ Sasha/Becky at WM and the better matches of Charlotte/Sasha as the best thing in the new era of women’s wrestling. Total perfection

2. buffalobills!!!

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I'm 2 days late in saying this, but Evolution was one hell of an event, I loved how the CBS recap said it felt like a house show and a NXT Takeover event, it was stacked and not overblown.

Bravo ladies, and looking forward to see if the Rousey/Becky Survivor Series match starts the battle of the 4 Hoursewomen

4. Beavis Stiffler

5. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Survivor Series/TakeOver: War Games weekend is probably going to be the best of the Big 4 weekends

Lesnar vs. AJ II
    Rollins vs. Nakamura
    Rousey vs Becky
    ? vs New Day

Raw vs SD 5 on 5 Men’s
    Maybe: Strowman, Ambrose, Ziggler, McIntyre, vs Bryan, Orton, Hardy, Miz,

Raw vs SD Women’s
    Maybe: Nia, Sasha, Bayley, Ember, Alexa vs Asuka, Charlotte, Carmella, Etc

Undisputed Era vs Pete Dunne, Ricochet, War Raiders in War Games
    Ciampa vs Velveteen
    Aleister vs Gargano
    Bayzler vs Kairi Sane 2 out of 3 falls

6. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Daniel Bryan as a heel is a vicious Daniel Bryan. One of the best endings to a SD ever!

Updated Card for Survivor Series is a total dream

======
    (WWE Champ) Daniel Bryan vs (Universal Champ) Brock Lesnar

(Raw Women’s Champ) Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte. Becky Lynch not medically cleared.

(IC Champ) Seth Rollins vs (US Champ) Shinsuke Nakamura

(Raw Tag Champs) Authors of Pain vs (SD Tag Champs) The Bar

Men’s Raw vs SD 5 on 5
    Braun Stroman, Drew McIntyre, Dolph Ziggler, Finn Balor and Bobby Lashley (ugh)..would pick Elias instead vs The Miz, Samoa Joe, Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio & Shane McMahon (ugh)..I think Randy Orton is going to take out Mysterio and I hope AJ takes Shane’s spot.

Women’s Raw vs SD 5 on 5
    Nia Jax, Ruby Riott, Natalya, Tamina & Mickie James..Solid team but I’d take Sasha, Bayley, Ember over anyone on that team vs Asuka, Naomi, Carmella, Sonya Deville & TBD..hopefully Nikki Cross

7. Dave2000

Wrestlemania 35 tickets purchased

4th Mania in a row, pretty excited :D

DudeWah likes this.
  8. Fantasma Negro

This damn Rosey v Charlotte match has been ****ing amazing

Dave2000 likes this.
  9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I don’t like Ronda Rousey.

She’s a sandy hook truther and weirdo. They’re probably writing her off tv so she can shoot a movie or some ****.

10. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I don't find her very likeable either. That being said, she's performed better in-ring than I thought she would. And that match against Charlotte was really good. I very much enjoyed watching Charlotte beat the hell out of her at the end.

That match and the CW title match were the only great matches on the card. I enjoyed the men's and women's Survivor Series matches, but the IC/US, WWE/Universal (mostly due to Brock winning), and tag match were all kinda meh.

#6390 HeWhoIsLunchbox, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I assumed they wanted to give Ronda the rest of the year off, then she'll return after the holidays for Rumble.

I thought Brock/DB was a great match. Obviously Brock was going to win but given that it was a great match. Also it was nice to see Brock in decent shape for the first time in this whole current WWE run. He was legit chunky until this last match.

The tag SS match on the preshow was really good, but it apparently didn't even count.

I didn't get the Charlotte "crazy" heel turn at all. Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% behind heel Charlotte, but this was a weird match to do it in. The whole sequence of Charlotte snapping felt off, from the shirt getting stuck in her hair all the way to Rousey's very long and weird walk out of the arena.

Credit to Rousey for taking the punishment though.

12. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I didn't think it was a bad match. And it wasn't that Brock won, the way he won just felt very abrupt and kinda deflated my mood. I think the pacing was good and the result made sense, but the ending kinda soured it for me. I don't think any of Brock's matches (even the good ones) have satisfying endings, though. WWE creative knows how to book the dominance and the comeback, but they really struggle with the finishes when it comes to Brock.

13. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

All of Lesnar’s matches of late have all his opponents hitting their offense and he pops up hits the F5 and it’s over. (Joe, AJ, DB)

It was still surreal to see Daniel Bryan beat the **** out of Lesnar for 5-10 minutes

I hope there building too a Lesnar/AJ/Bryan Title unification match at WM..cause I think it’s the best match they can put together. Even if they wanted someone else from RAW for a Fatal Four-Way..Rollins, McIntyre, Balor, These Hands

Same thing with the women’s title. Ronda/Charlotte/Becky would be awesome. Nia Jax/Alexa/Natalya could be in there too

14. Dave2000

Yesterday's Raw was pretty bad, no surprise Vince ran it, hopefully he stays far away for next week's episode and not waste my badass seats

15. VanityHalfBlack

Bro, Raw's been bad since Mania. The best ppv they put out this year was evolution and we all know this goin be the best main roster match in 5 years.

[​IMG]

Just skip Raw and watch the PPV's. Better yet, nxt is all you really need honestly. SD is a little bit better than raw but that's not saying much.

16. buffalobills!!!

Gotta break that habit of watching Raw on Monday nights. Get to two shows skipped and then it's easy

17. Dave2000

I watch them if i got nothing to do, if i miss it, i usually read the reviews and watch them on Hulu if its worth watching

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  18. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Jericho, Cody Rhodes & Young Bucks are rumored and its likely truth are starting their own promotion called All Elite Wrestling backed by the billionaire Khan family that owns the Jacksonville Jaguars.

A TV deal on AXS TV with Jim Ross and (hopefully) Josh Barnett are rumored.

All trademarks & parents were made for “All Elite Wrestling” “All Elite: All Out” and “All Elite: Double or Nothing” were tracked too Jaguars offices and stadium as the address.

Y2J, Cody, Bucks, Omega & Adam Page’s contracts expire after Wrestle Kingdom.

Double or Nothing & All Out are likely the first two shows being planned. The logo of All Out is in the same font of a 90’s SXE Hardcore Punk Band..which makes me think CM Punk is of mind..he said he’d consider a deal if the time & Money is right.

I’m sure they could get names like Neville, Rich Swann, Damien Sandow, etc. involved.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

AXS TV? Meh. I was hoping for a streaming deal of some kind. I don't have cable, and even when I did I don't know if I had AXS because it's not a channel that people regularly go to. Swing and a miss, in my opinion.

I am still skeptical that Jericho is involved. He's always been such a WWE guy. Even with his current NJPW run, he's always talking about how he's a WWE guy/lifer on his podcast.

I do hope AEW happens, of course. So, so many people need to leave WWE to go to a worthy competitor. Pretty much all but 15-20 or so could benefit from leaving, but a few people especially. Sasha Banks, for example, had an amazing 2016 - she was one of the most exciting wrestlers on the planet (IMO obviously). Since her program with Charlotte, she has been given nothing. She is apparently relegated to 2nd tier tag team member along with Bayley.

I also have no faith that WWE will appropriately use the current Becky Lynch tidal wave. She could benefit from leaving too, even though she is in the main event picture right now.

#6399 Haymitch, Dec 31, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  20. body slam

body slam Member

ROH is coming to NRG Arena January 25th

vinsensual and VanityHalfBlack like this.