1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Quite the bloodbath out there. I knew this was possible when I threw some money into it on its first couple legs down from the ath. I'm still not selling though. I'll ride this to zero if I have to.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Im not talking about shitcoin forks. And yes, SegWit2x failed because it wasn't needed. Bitcoin is resistant to changes because its development core refuse to let these changes happen.

It seems you do not follow the ideas and innovation happening in the crypto world. If you combined all of the alt coin developers and miners, present and future, the bitcoin development community would expand hundreds if not thousands of times over.

The reality is nobody would agree on anything and factions would constantly split off to their own thing. So you're back to square one with a bunch of alt projects like we already have and nothing of significant being developed on top of Bitcoin ... well because Bitcoin is a currency, not a solution to the other hundreds of ideas out there.

Just let bitcoin be bitcoin ... a store of value, the reserve currency of the crypto world.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

false. the segwit2X developers were mostly bitcoin core developers.

I do, but i appreciate the condescension.

it is a store of value and just a store of value. I've never argued it should be more. By building on top of it i mean porting over concepts like credit cards and other systems to sit on top of bitcoin instead of fiat. I do not advocate trying to make bitcoin anything more then it currently is.

I also still dont see how you claim anyone can alter bitcoin's core.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Bitcoin has survived and built itself back even stronger over and over again on the historical chart.

Even when a new wave of shitcoins made a little noise they were all squashed to nothingness eventually.

Even when Ethereum was within striking distance of the flippening last year, Bitcoin survived and has now retaken the throne and spilled the blood of all the puny would-be soyboys hiding in their safe spaces, chanting and meditating while Chads rain down pestilence upon their unkempt heads.

But there is only one true Bitcoin and that is Bitcoin Cash. Bitcoin Core is old and their ideas have grown old as a reflection. Bitcoin must evolve to a higher form. That form is Bitcoin Cash.

Believe.

jbasket likes this.
  5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

check your local flea market. there are some good deals on bitcoins.

DudeWah likes this.
  6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Wtf is this ish?

@Commodore @tallanvor @RocketsLegend @SirIvyLeague

DudeWah likes this.
  7. theimpossibles1

Bitcoin still has a ways to go before it rebounds...

That's just my TRX.... (2 cents)

DudeWah likes this.
  8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Hes joking (i hope). Bitmain is absolutely getting wrecked trying to prop up BCash. You gotta think they will give up soon and then BCash will die off.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If you literally knew anything about crypto or any actual crypto traders you would know Parabolic Trav is a laughingstock meme and utterly worthless, just like Bitcoin Core will be soon.

You are a Core maximalist to the death aren't you?

It is not Bcash. It is Bitcoin Cash. The one true coin.

Take off your blinders before you become dust.

I would laugh at any old fool like @Commodore if he dared to say something foolish like "dur dur lightning".

Christ. All you maxi pads are going to be sitting in twat sauce soon enough and I cannot wait.

YaoforPrez likes this.
  10. Roscoe Arbuckle

Son... I've been in banking my entire career.

DudeWah likes this.
  11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Go home Fatty, you're drunk.

Space Ghost, RudyTBag and DudeWah like this.
  12. jbasket

jbasket Member

Bitcoin cucks won't even see the Vechain wave hit em when it comes. Top kek boys.

The Foundation and their billion dollar investor and company backers will be laughing all the way to the bank at you muh decentralization outdated core folks.

Just you wait. It'll be glorious, this recovery. Don't get cucked & buy this dip. You heard it here first. Hedge your bets.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I don't understand the premise of Bitcoin Cash. It's not technically feasible to put every transaction on chain.

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

What do you mean every transaction? Every payment transaction?

For those who want to understand Bitcoin better, just go to www.bitcoin.com. Everything is explained very clearly.

moestavern19 likes this.
  15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

yes

And please don't link to that con artist Roger Ver's site

Bcash is the most diaboloical attack on the bitcoin network yet conceived, well funded and marketed. But it appears to have run its course. Bitmain is struggling to maintain their peg and needs to be bailed out by an IPO to maintain the charade. The BCH/BTC ratio is bleeding out like a stuck pig.

Bitcoin is an unstoppable anti-fragile monster that only gets stronger when it's attacked. It is near impossible to change the consensus rules of the protocol, no matter how much wealth and mining power and marketing is thrown at it. Nothing else can claim that level of certainty, it is battle tested over a decade. Like throwing a kid into the jungle who somehow manages to survive, now he's grown into a beast that can't be replicated.

#4255 Commodore, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

why this thread still alive doe? brehs are intensely discussing this at discord

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

I lost the discord link.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

i'll send one of my people to contact you with regard to the link.

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Because the masses are still fooled into thinking Bitcoin Core is immutable and it clearly isn't. Bitmain IPO is just the beginning and Roger and Jihan will soon run every node on the western seaboard and Core maxis will cry into their chicken nuggets.

Craig Wright clearly was the real Satoshi, all the evidence backs this up.

Bitcoin.com. @Bitcoin on twitter. Do you really think Bitcoin would be so easily duped? Open your eyes.

Craig Wright is the one true king and Roger is his prophet.

DOUBLE HASH RATE.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.