1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NYT hires an Open racist to their editorial board

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Aug 2, 2018.

1. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

You're not getting it. The outrage is the double standard. I actually don't agree that she should be fired, but neither should white people for saying things MUCH less egregious, for example, Paula Deen admitting to using the N word like 30 years ago and immediately losing her job.

The double standard, in itself, is the most racist thing here. Examples are countless.

I have a question for you JayGoogle: Can only white people be racist? This is what you seem to imply.

2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Suspended by Twitter. Excellent.

This is just what is needed to pursue a complaint against Twitter with the FTC for discriminatory application of their terms of service, as compared to their handling of basically the same tweets with different skin colors from Susan Joeng.

And if there is any pushback, then this will also be an excellent starting point for a civil case against Twitter in the federal courts.

What will be especially excellent is if the Supreme Court will publish an official definition of racism in order to provide some clarity on this issue and hopefully put this point of conflict to rest, once and for all.

#102 MojoMan, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No, I ask for consistency. If you hate racism then you should hate it when Scalia suggests that black people should be on a slower learning track or the countless examples of Limbaugh, Oreily, and Fox News.

I have no power over who companies hire or fire so I don't understand what you want here?

You want to mandate that there be some consistency in these firings and that the government should get involved?

It's not my job to say whether she should be fired or hired or whatever, that is the job of the company, they have decided to keep her on. Ah well, that is their decision, you can judge the company now and take your business elsewhere. Thankfully for me I never much liked the NYT so no loss to me.

The only thing I'm implying...no...I'm just saying, not only just implying...that conservatives only save their racist outrage when that racism is directed at white people. Sure there are a few outliers but in general they tolerate the Breitbart's of the world and give people like Limbaugh and Oreilly the spotlight.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They only get upset when mean things are said about white people.

Shoot a black man for being black and its his fault for being black, not racism.

These people are scum.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

They're upset about the double standard and they're pushing back.

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Sarah Joeng ≠ Roseanne Barr

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's as clear as day too and then they wonder why every minority group votes against them.

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Agreed. Susan Joeng is clearly far worse.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Correction made. Do you understand there is no double standard? Context is everything.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

They think they are the victims. And they think racism is name calling on Twitter in response to them.

They are dangerous people and we all know what their path goes down. People like Trump start with immigration but their true aims is to cleanse America of the brown and make it a white country.

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Wow.

13. body slam

body slam Member

just curious who are the they you are speaking of?

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Yes, context does matter and I bet Papa John agrees with that too and so do countless of other right wingers who were purposely quoted out of context

15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

You people are relentless, unconscionable liars and everyone that you want to try to convince with this kind of garbage knows it. You are truly unbelievable in the most literal sense of that word's meaning.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Dark Rhino and MojoMan like this.
  17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

18. jbasket

jbasket Member

Alpha NYT with the cuckjob on the conservatives, heh. Them betas @Bobbythegreat @MojoMan @RocketsLegend @Commodore can't handle the heat from some no-name journalist that did not even have a blue check mark. Weak. Get some skin in the game.

JayGoogle likes this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The far right, alt-right, 4chan folks: a big chunk of Trump's consistency.

You are a small man with a smaller mind, incapable of understanding what is going on so you are taught to believe a lie. A Lie fed to you so you can feel ok about your disturbed beliefs.

John Schnatter wasn't removed from the board because of the fact he used the n-word, it was because his board was trying to get rid of him for a long time and finally found an excuse. Truth be told, I don't think it was his use of the n-word that was disturbing as it was just awkward.

Is he a racist? No more than your average right winger. But he is a fool.

#119 Sweet Lou 4 2, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member