1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Splash n grab] Maxine's whataburger bully

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Jul 6, 2018.

1. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

You can bet that they will always play the race card when something like this happens that makes them look ridiculous. Umm, um... what to we do??? Oh yeah! ..... RACIST!

This so called "witness" does not exist. It's a Hail Mary.

I hope Jimenez gets the full 2 years behind bars.

Found a great deal on Amazon for my first MAGA hat. I'm sure, like me, this will inspire a lot more folks to come out and show support for our prez.

Aceshigh7 likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Man I just wish you guys found someone with more competence and intellectual prowess to worship .

deadlybulb likes this.
  3. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

Trump is, in fact, terrible. I voted for him mainly to stop crooked Hillary. But I've changed my tune because it seems the only way to combat the left is to have someone strong willed enough (Trump) to lay the smack down and be real about the state of our country. Is he vulgar and crude? Yes. Is he racist? NO HE IS NOT. He wants to help all Americans who are legal citizens, regardless of color. If wanting to keep non Americans from flooding in illegally and ruining our country is "racist", then I don't even know what to say. There's no arguing with someone who just doesn't or chooses not to "get it."

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

a higher percentage of americans believe trump is racist than believe he is not and a majority acknowledge that trumps rhetoric is fostering racism.

do you think its racist to say that someone cant do their job properly b/c of their ethnicity?

do you think its racist to say mexicans are rapists and drug dealers?

do you think its racist to call for a "complete and total shutdown" of muslims entering the united states.

do you think its ok to equate nazis with people protesting nazis? "very fine people on both sides"

do you think his fights to keep black people out of his buildings in the 70's and 80's was racist?

do you think his calls for the death penalty for the central park five, even after they were found innocent, was racist?

why do you think he was so afraid to denounce david duke? why did he lie about not knowing anything about duke when he was already on record speaking out against duke in the 90's?

deadlybulb likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's not about being vulgar or crude. Yes, he is those things and yes his edgelord qualities along with his followers is dividing the nation but I'm more afraid of his incompetence.

deadlybulb likes this.
  6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Bernie sanders campaign worker.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

77% of Americans believe in Angels thus Angels must exist.....ad populum arguments are fun.

I'd be fine to say yes here, but that means you are forever discounting the notion of race, sex, or gender playing a role in "implicit bias"....you sure you want to give that up just to make a cheap political point? It's like the majority of the DNC playbook you are sacrificing here.

I don't think it's racist to say that Mexican drug dealers and rapists are drug dealers and rapists....which is what was said that you are intentionally ignoring in a transparent effort to score a a cheap political point

No, because "Muslims" are not a race....in fact it would be racist to suggest otherwise. Anyone can be a Muslim. I do however think that a "Muslim ban" would be a bad idea which is why thankfully there has never been a Muslim ban and one is not currently proposed.

For the most part, yes. You are misrepresenting the statement because that's what you do. There were people at Charlotteville that weren't Nazis or communists (or anarcho-communists) of those people, I'm sure some of them were very fine people.....but that doesn't mean that the Nazis, racists, and communists aren't the worst that humanity has to offer.

Was that actually something he did or was that something that was done by others who worked for him? Remember, that's back when he was a Democrat and beloved by the DNC and Democrats everywhere.....if you go that far back, you are indicting an entire party.

Racist? No. Ignorant or stupid? Sure.

Why was he afraid to do something that he did multiple times? LOL adorable question.

8. jo mama

so you agree that its racist for trump to say that an american-born federal judge cant do their job properly b/c of their ethnicity. thats all you needed to say there boreby. i dont care about "cheap political points" or the "DNC playbook". the fact that you made that statement shows what a partisan hack you are. im not a democrat and i look at each issue on its own.

but thats not what trump said and you know it. it is you who is intentionally ignoring and misrepresenting what was said in a transparent effort to score a a cheap political point. why would you lie about something so obvioius? trump said "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

that is true. muslims are not a race, but trump clearly has a hatreds towards muslim people. he called for banning them from entering the united states and said "islam hates us".

you are the one who is once again misrepresenting statements. trump equated nazis with people protesting nazis and said they were "very fine people". you can spin it however you want, but his statements are right there for all to see.

why did he claim that he did not know david duke or know anything about him when in the past he had denounced him? why did trump have to have his arm twisted to denounce duke?

9. Bandwagoner

You tend to only repeat Dem talking points, how do you classify yourself and why not as a Democrat? Not enough identity politics for you?

10. jo mama

that is an idiotic comment. i have 8 years worth of posts criticizing obama for his policies. i have 16 years worth of posts criticizing the clintons. im not a democrat, but in the age of trump i will be voting straight ticket democrat. trump and the republicans forced that on me.

i dont classify myself as anything because i think labels are pointless. i look at each issue on its own. i dont care about your political parties or "teams".

if being opposed to trump makes one a democrat than the vast majority of this country are democrats.

11. Bandwagoner

I guess I don't see how criticizing the president precludes you from being a democrat. How is it idiotic if that is what I see. Don't you want an opportunity to explain your views? Which policies of Obama did you dislike, say top three.

the clintons were very conservative and even more so when compared to Democrats today. I don't see how Trum forced you as plenty of republicans are anti-Trump.
    wut

12. jo mama

it is idiotic to say someone who criticizes trump is "only repeating Dem talking points".

i dont see how its relevant to the topic at hand, but since you asked i was against i was against the bailouts, i was critical of obamacare and the fact that he lied about being able to keep your doctor (i was not able to do that), i didnt like how much the national debt increased on his watch, i didnt like his tariffs and protectionist trade policies (seeing how he rescinded them after a few months i guess obama didnt either), his failure to hold those responsible for the 2008 financial collapse accountable, i was against his policy of going after whistle-blowers, his increase in foreign and domestic spying, i was against his policy of killing american citizens abroad without due process and increased use of drones that killed innocent people, he backtracked on his campaign promise of not having lobbyists in his administration and his promise of transparency.

now, id like for you to back up your claim that i "tend to only repeat Dem talking points". i dont follow the democratic party so i dont know how i would be repeating their talking points. however, in the age of trump im sure we are aligned on many issues.

you selectively edited my post here...anyone can read what i said and how you cut it up. very dishonest of you. it is true that the vast majority of this country is against trump so back to your claim that being against trump means you are regurgitating dem talking points...if thats the case then the majority of this country are democrats. we are in the age of trump now. according to his brainwashed sycophants anyone who is not 100% on board with him is a democrat and a liberal.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, so long as we are clear that this is setting a precedent when it comes to accusations of implicit bias being nothing more than racism. My point was that if you agree to this, then you'll be agreeing that a lot of other accusations are racist so I was trying to get you to think out your position before responding.

But that is what he was saying...he was saying that "they" (Mexico) are not sending their best, they are sending people with problems such as their drug dealers and their rapists. It's not saying that every Mexican is a rapist, it's saying that those who come here illegally are usually the worst of them.

Now you are either intentionally missing that or...well, the alternative is really unfortunate so I honestly hope you are just being intellectually dishonest.

LOL, hatred? C'mon, be better than that. Also, saying "Islam hates the US" is considerably more accurate than saying "Trump hates Muslims". There was nothing at all "hateful" about the travel ban given the issues those countries are dealing with. It's just not a coherent talking point.

He equated the Nazis to the communists who showed up to start a fight. I think they are pretty comparable although communists have a MUCH higher body count than Nazis so it would probably be fair to say communists are worse.

Also, I'm sure there were "very fine people" that were there, on both "sides". Not everyone was a communist or Nazi. I mean, was that take too accurate and nuanced for you to understand? It's sounding a lot like it was.

When BLM rioters were looting and burning down towns like Furguson a few years back, do you truly believe that there was absolutely no "very fine people" involved in the protests? Do you think they were all awful people just because a lot of them were?

He probably didn't want to have to talk about him at all since it wasn't at all relevant to the campaign and it was pretty obviously just an attempt for people like yourself to link Trump to Duke. It's the entire reason it was brought up.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well there's a difference between criticizing Trump and repeating DNC talking points....you were doing a pretty good job of repeating DNC talking points. For example, when I criticize the president, I do so without regurgitating DNC talking points....and I was criticizing Trump back when the DNC was doing their best to prop him up.

15. Bandwagoner

I took into account all of the posts I have read from you when I wrote that.

I characterized your posts as repeating dem talking points. Now you have clarified you are further left of democrats. If you don't follow them I have great news, they are moving left at a rapid pace and most of their rhetoric is about how racist people are. You should probably give them another shot. You can be a force that makes a party fit your principles.

16. jo mama

it is racist to say someone cant do their job properly b/c of their ethnicity. period. you already agreed with me on that point so i dont even know what you are trying to argue with me about here.

you are the one either intentionally missing or being intellectually dishonest. i quoted trump directly on what he said and there was no nuance. you are making up a quote here and that is just pathetic. you know you dont have a leg to stand on when you have to lie and reword a quote that is right there for all to see.

17. jo mama

haha. trump has you so brainwashed that you now think tariffs and protectionist trade polices are "conservative".

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I just wanted to clarify that we were saying that suggesting people have implicit bias based on their race or ethnicity is racist. I wanted to ensure that we both agreed so when I bring it up later there won't be any disagreement.

Fair enough, I'll take this as you claiming that you aren't being intellectually dishonest rather you are too intellectually challenged to engage in this type of conversation. It's unfortunate and I do feel bad for you, but it is what it is.

19. jo mama

again boreby, it is racist to say someone cant do their job properly b/c of their ethnicity. period. you already agreed with me on that point so i dont even know what you are trying to argue with me about here.

20. Bandwagoner

It's weird how rude people get just from being in a different forum. I take it this comes from me saying you are left of the Democrats, would you disagree with this analysis? I don't want to misrepresent you.