1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Leftist restaurateur Fat-shames Sarah Sanders

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When your only criticism of my post is a typo, I take it that you agree with everything else.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But they shouldn't get their wedding cake and eat it too!

3. Roscoe Arbuckle

It wasn't a typo and you know it...

4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Ugh. I don't really want to be drawn into this, but people generally only have sex with the gender they are attracted to. Usually, that's one gender; one or the other. Of course anyone can have sex with anyone; this isn't really the point. The point is whether sexual orientation is immutable like race. To me, it's pretty debatable/questionable. But the result of whatever our society concludes about this (if it ever does), is whether it is proper and fair to exclude on the basis of sexual orientation -- like the cake baker did.

5. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

Hilarious claiming this about Trump since he's succeeding the most racially divisive president in history, Obama. Obama set race relations in the US back decades.

cml750 likes this.
  6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, the very calm, civil, polite, and intelligent black guy set race relations back and the ignorant, racist, buffoon is just making America great again. So true.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

[PREMIUM REPLY]

How did you feel when Joe Biden was refused service due to his politics?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny-news-biden-baker-sarah-huckabee-red-hen-20180626-story.html

GOOD EVENING

8. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Actually, the two situations are not comparable. In the case of Biden, his advance team's request for a photo opp was denied by the baker. That is far different than Sarah Sanders seeking to peacefully dine in anonymity. Furthermore, Sarah Sanders does not have hair plugs.

OWNED

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I honestly find it comforting that people are actually denying service based in individual merit rather than traits someone was born with.

Proud of Red Hen.

CometsWin likes this.
  11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You seem to think that love and sex are the same thing. it seems prettt sad. let me repeat a man in prison who is desperate for sex is not gay because he has sex with another man. prison rape is not the same as being in a committed relationship with someone you love. what a ridiculous thing to support. i feel like when i come on here im either talking to some of the most evil people or some or the most ignorant lol

12. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Nope. Not all. But I can see that we are talking past each other, so I'm bowing out.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Great example of MAGA...

14. durvasa

So people who support this move by the restaurant still think this story isn't going to backfire at the polls? Which side does it mobilize more?

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I feel bad for the employees unable to pay rent because of their stupid boss.

Press Sec under protection of secret service is just a sign of the coming communist "revolution".

16. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

The people who are upset with the restaurant weren't suddenly swayed by this. Their votes were already set.

17. durvasa

I thought it was the staff who called the boss to come in and kick her out.

18. durvasa

By the same token, would Democrat voters be swayed by this? To which side does it push independent voters, if at all? People in the center in media, even center-left, have been pretty critical of this move.

Or is the goal not to influence voters, but rather shame Trump officials into defecting? Even for that, I have my doubts that the effect will be inflicting shame rather than making them double-down on their support due to being harassed in public.

19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Keep telling yourself that.

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Not sure but it was her call and decision that led them to be essentially unemployed and thus why I feel bad for them.
    How long were you locked up?