1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UNDISPUTED] Sauces say there is tension between Chris Paul and Rockets over Tillman low-balling

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 22, 2018.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Do I believe you or what Woj said? If Lebron says yes, a deal will get worked out.

2. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

It’s hard for me to read “staples” without reference to the Lakers or Clippers in some way.

joshuaao, DonKnock and RayRay10 like this.
  3. mockster

mockster Member

I could live with it without a doubt. My only thing is though isn’t Ariza super tight with harden and Paul n kind of the reason why Paul came here

I just thought he was kind of a lock

Bobsputin likes this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I keep telling you guys that Multiple Sauces sources are anti-Rox/other teams front office plebs. Those FOs and teams are engaged in disinformation campaigns and are using Multiple Sauces as a mouthpiece.

Technically he's not "wrong," his sauces are telling him those things but he's not telling the rest of the story in that they are telling him exactly what "they" want to tell him and not necessarily the truth.

adw, jch1911 and DonKnock like this.
  5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

TT needs to be more concerned with all those thots on Christian mingle

jch1911 likes this.
  6. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Ariza, Gordon, Black, Luc, and CP3 are all ex-Clippers/Lakers players

CP3 is going nowhere, so this could refer to any of the other 4:
    -Ariza, Luc, and Black are free agents that could be renounced or S&T'd
    -Gordon is a prime trade candidate after his great playoff performance

Zac D, Y2JT and jch1911 like this.
  7. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Good sleuthing....

joshuaao and hakeem94 like this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

"His guy" doesn't have to refer to a current Cav.

He's stated publicly that he has only 3 real friends in the NBA: Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade. One of them is already here and one is stuck in Hellklahoma for another year. If LeBron wants to join the Rockets and bring along the rapidly crumbling remains of Dwyane Wade on a "just along for the ride" cheap contract, I wouldn't object.

clutchdabear, sammy and jch1911 like this.
  9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

After last season though I dont know if it would be Wade. They tried to make it work in Cleveland and it didn't. I dont know if its just the fit Wade had with the rest of the players there or if it was just LeBron and Wade were on different pages when it came to things. Wade looks super happy to be back in Miami I doubt he leaves Miami again, he seems more content with his career and chasing another ring really wont change too much to his legacy the same way it would for LeBron since Wade is past his prime.

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

How about Gordon and Anderson for Chandler, Dudley, Troy Daniels and Alan Williams ($5.5 million salary only guaranteed for $1 million). This would net us three players with only one year guaranteed in exchange for two players with two years guaranteed, plus an immediate savings of close to $5 million after cutting Williams.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

so how does this make the rockets better and compete for a championship

clutchdabear and Down19 like this.
  12. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I think it's Melo.
    I think Melo gets bought out by OKC... it didn't work last year and they need $$$ for some of their role players.
    If Melo comes, you can let him start games (stroke his ego) with his knowledge that he's playing 24 minutes a game and may not finish games.

topfive likes this.
  13. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Alan Williams ain't going nowhere.... parents are politicians in AZ; he is AZ born & raised; & one of the players who really wants to play for the Suns

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Suns could move on from Williams

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...int-guard-stretch-four-free-agency/728303002/

Center Alan Williams is a beloved figure, both in the locker room and in the Valley, but his non-guaranteed contract for 2018-19 is worth $5.5 million. It’s unrealistic to think Phoenix is going to pay, ostensibly, a third-string center that much money. The Suns have two options with Williams. They could waive him and then try to re-sign him to a more reasonable contract, or trade him to a team that would value what is essentially an expiring contract.

15. jch1911

jch1911 Member

@J.R. the master of the interwebs ;) or they could trade Chandler....(but I think he is supposed to mentor Ayton - esp. on defense)

joshuaao and J.R. like this.
  16. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Yay another cryptic message :rolleyes::rolleyes:

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You could hypothetically flip them in a 3 way deal to Cleveland, if the Cavs are balking at taking on multi-year salaries.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean that is kind of assuming alot and if it doesn't work out, the rockets definitely take a hit

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I don't know. Supposedly Morey would like to move on from the Ryno contract whether we land a big fish or not.

j@amc likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

thats understandable. nothing wrong with that but there would likely be a rotational piece coming in. otherwise probably not