1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL will fine players and personnel who don't stand for national anthem

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, May 23, 2018.

1. edwardc

edwardc Member

I think we all like to see what nonsense he going to say.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL kid, I'm not triggered, but it seems you might be. I understand your feelings towards the president, we've been over it many times. It's okay that you aren't capable of conversation that has anything at all to do with the president given your condition....I don't expect you to be able to and honestly you just serve as something to laugh at as you get all worked up about it.

As to a person becoming respectable due to the office they hold, no they don't become respectable, but you aren't respecting the person, you are respecting the office. It's why if invited to the white house be it by Obama or Trump, I'd go and I wouldn't make an ass of myself....and those are by far the 2 worst presidents in modern history. Again, you aren't respecting them, you are respecting the office they hold and the institution they are apart of. I get that is a concept that civilians would struggle with, especially those with Trump Derangement Syndrome so I won't expect you to follow along.

Also, I've told you many times that no one is OBLIGATED to do anything, everyone has the right to be a douchebag....just as people have the right to call them out for being douchebags if that's what they choose. For example, you aren't obligated to tip your waiter or bartender, but you area douchebag if you don't do so and people should let you know about it.

3. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Although, perhaps one didn't tip because the waiter or bartender was totally incompetent, insulting and just plain bad. So, before one calls out someone for being a douche, they should know what they are talking about.

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

its very relevant b/c trump is the one calling others unpatriotic and anti-military. a draft-dodger who slanders POWs and attacks the mother of a slain marine now pretends like he cares about patriotism and supporting the troops. its a complete joke.

trump doesnt give two s***s about the anthem and neither do you. i mock your false expressions of patriotism.

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

Nail meet coffin that sums it all up right there.

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

No he sure doesn't give a **** about the anthem. Nor does the five-time draft dodger know the words to 'God Bless America', a tune grade schoolers should know the words to; much less the POTUS.

You can't make this **** up! Hahaha

From reddit. Top comment

Trump manages to lose credibility in EVERYTHING.. anytime he does something... its remarkable! :D:D:D:D

#327 krnxsnoopy, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    amaru likes this.
  8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Bobby is a troll to the highest order. When confronted/owned with actual evidence and facts he runs away. Like when he tried to debate with me a while back(I would not be surprised if he has me on ignore). Sad really.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

Yes, it's about disrespect for the country. It's really disgusting, actually. Minorities, blacks especially, have it better here in the US than any other blacks in any other country. Why on earth would so many people from other countries want to come here even risking their life in some case to do so? Because there is still more opportunity here than in any other place in the world, even though that may not be the case if things keep progressing in this direction.

This so-called epidemic of police violence against minorities is amplified exponentially by the media in an effort to divide our country so that the elite few can slowly gain insurmountable power. Too many people have their heads too far up their collective asses to understand this. Are there cases of police violence against minorities? Absolutely, there is, and it's disgusting to see. But the media makes it seem as though it's open season year-round for cops to hunt down and harass and f with minorities. It's just a bunch of horse-****.

BTW, I voted for Trump (not trolling) and I love that he un-invited the Eagles to the White House (again, not trolling.) Bunch of spoiled brats.

If this makes me a racist in the eyes of crybaby liberals then so be it. They need more "pseudo-racists" like myself to further their political agendas. Do what you gotta do.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Speaking of discrimination, is it any surprise now that the SCOTUS ruled in favor of a baker refusing service to a gay couple that now GOP lawmakers are saying you should be able to discriminate and refuse to serve people of color?

Yeah.. but both sides amiright??

The both sides arguments are nothing but another troll technique of debate to derail a conversation in defense when you can’t defend your position on the merits. The Democrats elected to office aren’t perfect by any stretch but there’s no equating what is happing within this Trump cult since two scoops took office.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/39...hould-be-allowed-to-turn-away-people-of-color

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

damn brah...you just buttf***ed all the liberals and sons of b****es with this post.

"you got a fresh sound...it will play well at this school"

[​IMG]

im curious though...do you think trump disrespected the country when he said POWs are not heroic b/c they were captured and when he insulted a gold star mother?

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You claim you are angered by these people politicizing the event. This is precisely what you are doing, when you imply that rather than an occasion intended to exclusively honor the achievement of the players, it is, more importantly, an occasion intended to honor the office of the Presidency. If the event was not inherently politicized from the outset, what the hell does "respecting the office and the institution they are apart of" have to do with whether a player accepts or declines the invite? Give me a break.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

kellyanne's husband continues to impress...

amaru likes this.
  14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Counting preseason and playoffs the Eagles played 23 games. In those 23 games not a single player knelt or protested during the anthem.

Bunch of spoiled brats, indeed. And if you're discussing spoiled brats, look no further than the commander in chief.

justtxyank and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually you don't know what you are talking about regarding blacks in this country or any other country. You are also incorrect about the opportunity for advancement being greater in the U.S. than in other nations. The U.S. isn't in the top 5.

And it appears that you are a big fan of political correctness. I'm a liberal but I'm also against political correctness.

16. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Your 1st paragraph is about appreciation for what you have, not disrespect. You got the two intertwined.

And you don't know if they appreciate or not what they have. These athletes are probably in the top 1% and are millionaires. They risks a loss of income and their comfortable live by protesting. What they try to gain is to have their concern heard and expressed. Given their financial situation, they are risking personal loss for a society benefit. Not only black, but other minorities and everyone else can all benefit from less police violence.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously?

Of course it is an occasion intented to honor the achievement of the players.....which they chose to politicize by disrespectfully snubbing the office and institution who wished to honor them for political reasons. How are you foolish enough to not realize that?

There are many valid reasons to decline an invitation like that, doing so for political reasons makes you a douchebag.

18. Anticope

Anticope Member

This tactic that youre describing is straight out of the Trump playbook. Using crimes committed by a very small number of illegal immigrants to cast them all in a negative light, taking a small number of terrorist attacks committed by Muslims to freak out and cast them all in a negative light and to try to justify not taking in any refugees from certain countries, taking a few NFL players kneeling and using them to brand the NFL as being full of unpatriotic "sons of b****es." Not a single Eagles player kneeled all year yet here he is going after them for not wanting to stand for the national anthem and you clearly fell for that BS judging from your post.

Anyone with functioning brain cells knows that Trump doesn't give two s**ts about the national anthem, he's just using it to appeal to the bootlickers. You've gotta give Trump credit though, he knows his brain dead base (and how to get them riled up) as well as any Russian troll. Still, its amazing how some of you guys continue to get bamboozled to such an epic degree.

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Trump is all about creating chaos and confusion. It is his MO and always has been. What is so funny to me is that he complains about the media (fake news is his pet name for it), yet it was the media that made him as well-known as he was before he laughably became the POTUS.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well yeah, they pushed him early on because they were in the tank for Hillary and they thought that Trump couldn't win....then they realized that he could and their girls was going down and they turned on him. That's part of the reason they have so little credibility when they attack him...even when they are absolutely right to do so. They helped create this monster for political purposes and now they are getting eaten by it.