1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want to see win the Finals?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by durvasa, May 29, 2018.

?

Who do you want to see win the NBA Finals?

1. The Warriors

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. The Cavs

30 vote(s)
    73.2%
  1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Better yet, I hope they assign the worst referees the NBA can find to officiate all those games.

B-Bob likes this.
  2. Steve_Francis_rules

I really wish people would stop ignoring the fact that they league effectively owned the Hornets when they vetoed the Chris Paul trade. They didn't step in to keep league-wide competitive balance or to screw over a particular team, they stepped in as owners of the Hornets. The Durant situation was completely different.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What you call ignoring facts is actually having a lack of facts. If that trade was vetoed for "basketball reasons", what were the basketball reasons? It was one of the stupidest statements seen in sports. Just talk straight, man.

I'm actually glad that trade didn't happen, but "basketball reasons" will never NOT be an absurd statement.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

well since we know that GS is going to win quite easily, I hope the games are so lopsided and uncompetitive that there’s a huge dip in ratings

5. smp

smp Member

I'm leaning toward Brock Lesnar but you never know, The Rock could sneak in a win when the refs aren't looking.

B-Bob likes this.
  6. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

The king has been deposed in every series this playoffs, but still manage to rise and rule. Hopefully, the trend will continue.

That is the only thing that can assuage how I feel after scott foster stole it from us.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The only thing I am rooting for is for Curry to NOT get the Finals MVP trophy.

8. Yukyuk

Yukyuk Member

Don't quite understand the hate that Curry gets here, but he likely won't get Finals MVP based on the way the Cavs gameplan the past 3 finals is to keep him from going off at all costs, even when leaving the lane wide open for dunks. That probably won't change.

9. nuggien

nuggien Contributing Member

Exactly. I have no idea why people keep comparing it to that. He was a free agent. i.e. he can do whatever he wants. Now if the league starts blocking Lebron signing with houston, then we actually have something to talk about and something to compare to. Until then, people should just get over it and stop comparing two completely different situations to each other as if somehow there's some grand conspiracy scheme going on to allow the warriors to build a dynasty.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Just hoping for a big fight where several players get their teeth knocked out and get suspended. Solid fist fight between men and boys.

Tristan Thomas should just beat Durant up into a pulp and suspension, accept his season long suspension with pride on behalf of the rest of the NBA, and then spend quality time with his kid and one of the Kardashians.

Not really interested in basketball during this series.

B-Bob likes this.
  11. likestohypeguy

Either bron single handedly wins it in epic fashion averaging 40/15/15, or else gets brutally, embarrassingly swept in 30 point blowouts... has to take drastic measures next year, will make financial and professional compromises to activate the superest of all super teams ever

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

My brain wants the Warriors to demolish the Cavs and make LeBron want to get out of Cleveland.

But my heart couldn’t help but root for a Cavs win.