1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 5/8/2018 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 7, 2018.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

anyone else rewatching the game on TNT? About halfway through the 3rd quarter right now. I think CP3 about to go off soon...he's been pretty hot all game

2. Mr. Space City

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Did Maxwell hit the shot pre-game?

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

5. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

Started recording at halftime. I've got to watch that 4th quarter a few more times.

6. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

Wow, I was actually not filled with hatred for The Warriors when watching that.

I think... I think I need help, ya'll.

7. riko

riko Member

The Warriors obviously have a distinct advantage in there starting lineup but we have more depth.

PG: Paul if he brings his A game again i believe he can outshine Curry

Harden>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Klay

Durant>>>>>>>>>Tevor

Green>>>>Tucker

Clint> whomever they put out there

Its going to come down to Trevor and Luc limiting Durant and limiting Greens ability to play make in the end. One thing that will advantage is us if Ryno ever gets his head on straight he can be useful against smaller Warriors ball where he wont get abused by favors or Gobert the boards and on offense he can play his natural stretch style. Overall i think we can use our depth advantage to great use if the bench guys show up.

#2227 riko, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Cp3 has that 8 foot midrange jumper all day. Mcgee is even clumsier than Gobert.

10. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Mitchell went off when capela was on the bench. He was bad when capela was on the floor. Capela has been amazing. He is out own gobert. Next year he might be dpoy candidate.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He already answered in Jan.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Don't underestimate the Warriors, the Rockets will have to show up, no more sick games for Harden.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Just saw some of the Raptors fans become Rockets fans on the Raps forum, Rockets brand everywhere. They hate their own team and they hate the Warriors and love CP3, lol.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

I like how Snakey McCupcake's response was entirely reasonable and mature... until, of course, he couldn't take it any longer.

Similarly to a furious Bruce Banner that's desperately trying to not transform into The Incredible Hulk, Durant just cannot keep his inner-b**** under control. Watch him smirk while he's wrapping up his statement as he's tacking on the insinuation regarding Capela's role and importance to our team. Yeah, I really want to backhand this dude's face.

The Snek himself is personally serving up some of the thickest irony I've ever witnessed during this interview.

You see, in KD's book, Capela's job isn't hard enough. In KD's eyes, Capela's road just ain't tough enough. Clint Capela has not earned the privilege of being confident publicly, or when he communicates to the media -- according to the chosen one: Kevin Durant.

Durant will never change. He simply can't contain the b**** inside of him.

Hakeemtheking and Jake Tower like this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

My favorite thing about Capela is his confidence without arrogance. Back in January a lot of fans were pissed that Capela said he thought if the Rockets were healthy they were better than the Warriors. I like it. Capela backs it up. I know he has a seemingly simple task, but he does it at 100%.

The Utah and Minny series has thought me a lot about Capela's competitiveness. He loves this sh-t.

Deuce likes this.
  17. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

I want someone to try to get in Clint's face like Donovan "Dame" Mitchell did. Clint just clapped and said "YES, I LOVE THAT."

We all know what happened next.

Hakeemtheking and Jake Tower like this.
  18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

There's an argument on the Cavs forum on whether or not Capela is a top 20 player, lol

"
    [​IMG]
    czvoHall-of-Famer
    [​IMG]

Assuming all are healthy, here are 20 players. Which one, if any, is Capela better than?

LeBron
    KD
    Steph
    AD
    Harden
    CP3
    Russ
    Kawhi
    Kyrie
    Giannis
    Oladipo
    Embiid
    PG
    Wall
    Butler
    Hayward
    Lillard
    Cousins
    Porzingis
    Horford"

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

just after 8:15 or so after Harden gets done talking about how CP3 put the team on his back . . . then he looks over at Chris and mutters "never again!" comedy gold :D

Voltik and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  20. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

Man, these guys really love each other. We really didn't see anything close to resembling this team's chemistry during the Dwight-era.

SF3isBack!! and Remlap like this.