1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 5/8/2018 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 7, 2018.

1. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

No one giving the Rockets a chance in the next series. Love it. I hope it lights a fire under them and gives them something to prove. Should be a great series.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I disagree, CP3 and Harden both would have taken advantage of Rubio. There is something about Rubio that makes Harden go off.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I give them a slim to none chance if Gordon keeps shooting 32% from three. He needs to show up.

saleem and MyLateRegistration like this.
  4. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

The stage is set... This is what Morey constructed this team for, this is the team that has eliminated us from the playoffs twice in the past 3 yrs, this is the team that has 4 ****ing all stars, this is the team that James Harden & CP3 will need to beat in order to cement their legacy as 2 of the greatest guards of our generation, we beat them the Larry O'brien trophy will be back in H-town after 23 yrs... WE NEED THIS MORE THAN THEM

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Monday

Attached Files:

saleem and BigMaloe like this.
  6. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yup I agree I said the same thing earlier. Rubio isn’t as athletic as the other guys and his shooting has improved but against us it would have been back to old bricking Rubio.
    Mitchell is harden to cover because he is athletic and can jump over guys Rubio if u see his shot not falling u can stay away and cover Gobert or Mitchell.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well guys it was a fun season but unfortunately the ride is about to be over. GS is gonna bust the Rockets all up.

8. MyLateRegistration

Shut up

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

The reporter asked “what are the symptoms and what sickness.” James said “I’m fine.” Reporter goes “play through it?” James says “yepp”

Basically, he wasn’t going to use it as an excuse (which he never does.) He plays through everything because he is built and acts like a tank

#2209 BigMaloe, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
    slothy420, skroodup25, gatsby and 9 others like this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Too much grease and hair. I always think Rubio puts on eyeliner whenever I see his mug.

Dat manbun.

SF3isBack!!, hakeem94 and cerophilik like this.
  11. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea man everything is set now. After all the wins and great season we had, it was built all with that in mind. Beating the warriors because if, i mean when we do the east will be easier and the trophy will be ours. Ofc they will still have to face the team from the east and not get cocky but it will be all set after beating the warriors.

The team has to be ready and focus. We can’t have the bad defense lapses or cruising like we did against Minnesota or getting cocky after winning at home.
    Winning 2 at home will mean everything because then we can still game 3.
    I feel that they will try to answer if we are up 2-0 and if we play our way and are focus we can steal game 3. :D then maybe steal game 4 and sweep them. Hehe that’s my dream scenario. But yea we gotta we must win both games and be up 2-0. Because their home is a great place like Utah. I feel Utah is more intense. The crowd goes after the players and they were going wild even down 20 or so. Golden state has been up or down and i haven’t seen the same crowd intensity as Utah. Wish we had that in Houston.

Anyway the reason I feel we need to be up 2-0 is because we can steal one in their home and either close it there or in game 5. And if we go 1-1 there they will be more confident that they can be 3-1. But even if we don’t get 2-0. I am sure we will steal one there. They get very cocky at home because of their record and crowd. They feed from the environment. But I also seen Harden feed from that crowd. I feel he plays better in the road that at home. It could be because of the stripclubs at home ;p.

Anyway let’s go rockets
    Rockets in 4

Ok ok I’ll go easy and
    Rockets in 5
    4-1
    Rockets

hakeem94 and Dopamine like this.
  12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

13. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

14. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

15. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Hell yeah Bro! I love the optimism! I was too young to remember the Rockets titles in 94-95 so this will be my first time experiencing them winning a championship *Fingers Crossed* The Warriors are an unfair team in terms of talent, but I feel we have the chemistry, cohesion, defense, and scoring to match up with them. I feel we have karma on our side, we are the underdogs, the only thing stopping the Warriors machine from winning another title, Safe to say that I will not be getting much sleep starting next week...

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

That was awesome!!!! Loved it all!

17. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They were half right

Attached Files:

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

CP3 brought Clutch City back tonight, what a performance. Some of those shots were just crazy and you just knew he was hot. That bank shot 3 was the one you just knew he wanted to have. Tucker was amazing too, thank god we don't need Ryan as a floor spacer in that starting line-up. Capela was a monster again on defense and Harden and Ariza had their moments. Mbah a Moute finally looked more aggressive and it paid off on both ends. Finally a Green dunk and he hit some timely threes, but tonight was all Tucker & CP3 on offense.

We need all our guys to be healthy and aggressive in this WCF. We cannot have a shooting output like Harden had tonight, under the weather or not, unless we have several guys step up on offense. They usually have one guy around 30-40 and two around 20. We need this kind of output by our guys too, at least one of our stars with 30-40 + two guys out of the Tucker, Capela, Ego, Ariza and Mbah in the 15-20 range. That brings a lot of pressure, but we can do it.

One thing: this was the most pathetic crowd in a potential close out game at home for the WCF I've ever seen!!! It definitely contributed to us letting the Jazz hang around. In the 4th it was lit and that definitely helped our guys close it out.

whiskeyred and Hakeemtheking like this.