1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank you for supporting ClutchFans!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Since 1996, ClutchFans has been providing Rockets fans with information often not found anywhere else. I want to personally thank everyone who has contributed to the website over the years. I could not possibly have done this without all of you.

As I’m sure you know, running ClutchFans is both costly and time consuming. Back in 2001, I set up a “tip jar” to collect contributions from all of you. It has been an immense help in keeping the community going and I want to express my extreme gratitude for all of those who have given to support the website.

Some of you may have noticed that the website has me personally stretched pretty thin. In addition to moderating posts, writing stories and keeping up with social media, there are all the technical problems that come with maintaining a website like this one. The support I’ve received from many of you over the years has been immeasurable.

However, ClutchFans continues to need constant attention and I will continue to need support as long as it is up and running.

To that end, I’ve decided to replace the tip jar with a system that provides perks and upgrades to those who choose to contribute. If you enjoy the site and would like to help out, there are two levels of contribution to choose from.

Supporting Members
    For $5 per month (or $30 per year), you will have the ability to upload photos directly to posts, customize your user title, edit any of your posts at any time (with no time limit) and change your username (one time), if desired. I'll be trying to add additional perks as new features are added to the board as well.

Gold Supporting Members
    For $10 per month (or $75 per year), you will receive all the perks of a Supporting Member PLUS you will be able to experience the forums ad free. Removing all ads from the forums as you surf the threads greatly improves the speed and experience.

You can choose one of the options here.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?account/upgrades

The monthly payments are taken from your credit card automatically via PayPal. You can end your subscription at any time. It’s similar to the tip jar, but you get the benefit of some upgrades as a thank you for your contribution.

If you contributed ANYTHING in the past, even 15 years ago, you still will be recognized as a Contributing Member. That won’t change. This is an added way to reward and acknowledge those who actively donate and support ClutchFans going forward.

If you have any questions or made a recent contribution, please drop me a line and I’ll be happy to help.

A sincere thank you to everyone who has supported the site all these years.

Cheers,
    Clutch

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I just became a Gold Supporting Member with the lump sum $75 contribution and look forward to figuring out just how I can exploit that status in order to squeeze the most enjoyment possible from ClutchFans!

Thanks for everything, Clutch, and I think installing this new system makes perfect sense. In fact, I'm surprised that it took you this long. I hope everyone appreciates how lucky we are to have you and the Mods making this crazy, wonderful, and at times exasperating BBS possible. Kudos!

ROCK3TM4N, Kornel87, Sajan and 18 others like this.
  3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’m in for $75! I’m here too much to not want to contribute. I appreciate you, Clutch and the site more than i can express. Thank you so much for all the hard work and all that you do. Here is to many more years and hopefully some championships to share too.

ROCK3TM4N, jcf, Clutch and 7 others like this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

sounds good clutch breh. always wanted to contribute more. been part of the board for more than a decade.

ill direct message you on payment questions and other stuffs.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Cheers!

kaleidosky, Deckard and mikol13 like this.
  6. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

Gold supporting check.

kaleidosky and Deckard like this.
  7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Noice. I like how its built in to the website.

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Do we not have the option to contribute a custom amount on a random drunken night?

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’ll DM you clutches Venmo, ignore that his username is CCorn

jacoby, Louka, BallSoHarden and 11 others like this.
  10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I was gauging how much enjoyment and... err... frustration I've experienced here over the years and just noticed Netflix raised their prices on me again, bastids. I'm definitely in to support the site. Thanks for running an incredible site for all these years.

11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I’m definitely going to support!

Deckard likes this.
  12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I been wanting to support ever since I found clutchfans, but I havent got around to it. No excuses obviously, it's a simple task. I'll get around to it soon ;)

Deckard and Rocket River like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hot damn, Hwating here as well, breh! lelz

Deckard and RedRedemption like this.
  14. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Gold it is. Great move! Looking forward to more years of Clutch City!

raining threes, Deckard and mikol13 like this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Time to filter out the peasants

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Paid and in for the $75.

Thanks again Clutch for all the effort you put in to Clutchfans.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great move Clutch. I hope the extra cash helps you run this site for decades to come. I will be going either 30/75 very soon.

Deckard likes this.
  19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good idea. I got laid off on Tuesday (3rd time in 7 years!) so not setting up any recurring contributions now, but might once I get a new gig lined up.

20. CallMeTheDream

Hello everyone it’s Clutch here using my second account. Feel free to send all your payment through cash app and I’ll have your status updated asap. Inbox this account for additional details :)

Mazulis, D-rock and Houstunna like this.