1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Someone leaked XVG user data btw and showed that the devs are full of ****:
    http://xvg.keff.org/

They also missed multiple deadlines again and are completely quiet about this, would advise everyone to get out of xvg if they are still in.

2. Omer

Omer Member

Where's the best way to get XLM? Al lot of these sites take over a week to get verified and have very poor loading times.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Bittrex and Binance are the easiest&biggest ones. Think registration is temporarily disabled at bittrex, so go with binance.

CCity Zero likes this.
  4. Omer

Omer Member

Thanks, just signed up for it. Is the best way to do it to transfer crypto from GDAX then buy BNB then XLM with that?

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Fastest way imo is buying eth with cb/GDax, sending that to your Binance address and then exchanging the eth for xlm.

Never tried that Binance coin.

CCity Zero likes this.
  6. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

**** like this is why you should prepare to lose it all.

SIL

CCity Zero likes this.
  7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Always seemed more hype than substance. They only have 2 developers but a big marketing team.

Glad I got out when I could.

CCity Zero and Yung-T like this.
  8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, thanks for the heads up, I was lucky and didn't take too bad of a hit, put more into XLM.

9. Daddy Long Legs

watch out for deep brain chain. I want to get into it but I think I'm just going to chill lol.

it's only on small exchanges right now and 3 days old but spiking, big growth potential.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

BNB is okay for discounted trades, but I'm only holding a few, I read somewhere that it will be burned eventually so the price could rise because of the 50% discount when trading etc. But again, only keeping a few. Either way, use ETH or BNB to buy XLM

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

it's always funny on some of these coins can be some quick gains but have to get out if product is discovered to be bad.

12. Daddy Long Legs

Yah pump and dumps bro. Thats why i want to long hold coins that I believe in rather than getting too obsessed with day trading.

CCity Zero likes this.
  13. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Fundamentally, there's none of them you can believe in until a major sponsor is behind it. And really by then, it might be too late. Either that, or catching it early when a sponsor has it or CB takes it. Nothing outside of that screams legit value.

For all we know, another alt that we're all high ends up being a complete scam.

SIL

CCity Zero likes this.
  14. Daddy Long Legs

This is very true. So much of it is a luck/guessing game.

Just gotta do your own research, read the white papers, look at the charts (I like tradingview.com), trust your own judgment, but not be blind to trends.

Best of luck to you all.

CCity Zero likes this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Do you like any other sites? I've been researching more lately...

16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

The one thing that's good and bad is just how fast the market changes, I think we need a new word to use other than volitale :)

Anyway, other than blockfolio, do you guys use any other alerting systems for heavy crashes etc? And if you use a stop limit which exchange seems to handle it pretty well or even offer? I think I might be missing it on Binance... But was considering it because of XVG fiasco.

I fortunately didn't lose hardly anything, but right now heavy on XLM, FUN, TRX, and still holding POE.

Other one that keeps being interesting is etherparty... But that's really only because of launch rumor at $1...

#3436 CCity Zero, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  17. Daddy Long Legs

Trx is one of the coins that truly interested me but I didnt get in because I cant get in to everything. I feel like my portfolio is diverse enough right now.

Dont sleep on dbc growing once it gets to bigger exchanges. Its a coin that utilizes AI technology and is tied to neo. Only 3 days on the market and its already bouncing back and forth between 16-17 ATM

CCity Zero likes this.
  18. Omer

Omer Member

In your opinion, has LTC and ETH kinda settled and less volatile now? Especially compared to these newer ones like XLM and XRP?

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I'm obviously not as good as everyone in here but it seems that the main ones btc/eth/ltc are still somewhat volatile but much less than the Alts, with that said eth made up some ground today and I believe ltc will follow soon. Just to add the Alts are where I think you can make a bigger amount but it's obviously risky... But def watch XLM, still not too late to get in, as well as others mentioned. What's nice is as long as the product isn't a scam... And bottom doesn't fall out some can be some nice gains as long as you hold on during dips etc you don't lose :) (obviously that's if the project suddenly isn't trash).

#3439 CCity Zero, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I'm just going to go for DBC I'll buy in with some of my other alts :) at least have a small stake.