1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fact Checker] Barkley: Rockets Can't Win by Outscoring Golden State

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Carmelo will lay down 17 points in a 11 point loss and they will blame it on Roberson

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ernie: So, what does this game mean, if anything? Charles?

Charles: Ernie, I don't think it really means anything.
    Shaq: Agreed.
    Charles: OKC still probably going to be the 2nd best team in the west, the only challenge to the Warriors. Knicks still going to suck.
    Shaq: The only thing this loss tells me is that OKC needs more time to work out their chemistry, that's all.

Ernie: Kenny?

Kenny: Well... I'll say this. This probably doesn't say much about the Thunder, but the Knicks....

#42 JayGoogle, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i get why he says that, but unless you're going to build a team with avery bradley, kawhi, giannis, and gobert, i there is no way you can play good enough defense to stop this team from scoring a ton of points. they are just too skilled. there is too much ground to cover with steph, klay, and KD launching from 28 ft. to have a chance you have to be able to trade baskets. if a game is close in the 4th, then you have a chance.

i dont care how good your defense is they will still put up at LEAST 105 on you. also when you score with them you make them actually feel some pressure to make shots late.

heypartner likes this.
  4. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Having CP3 is a leadership luxury that we had not had before. You can see how everyone has stepped up. It is not necessarily what he does on the floor but who he is being as a leader. His maturity and mere presence as a hall of famer stabilizes the whole team. Everyone plays in their zone and play well within their strengths. Right off the bat, with a practically new team, we have been winning. When the chemistry strengthens as the season goes by, it will get a lot easier.

roslolian and Richie_Rich like this.
  5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

We were down by as many as 17 when it was just a shootout...
    we clamped down on defense and held them to 20 in the last quarter and won by 1...

so appears to me that defense was the key - not offense... jus sayin...

PS: we scored 34 the last quarter... we also scored 34 the first quarter - and trailed by a point...

Richie_Rich likes this.
  6. bongman

bongman Member

Since you are privileged to the Rockets playbook, would you mind sharing who was suppose to move and where during a Harden isolation play.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  7. JaceMan da SpaceMan

Shack and brockli dumb ass ****

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

Fact: Warriors scored an average of 115.9 points a game last season. Allowed 104 a game.
    Rockets scored 115.3 a game but allowed 109.

If you break it down by wins and losses:
    When we won we averaged 119 and allowed 106.
    When we lost we averaged 106 and allowed 115.

Unless we plan on holding everyone under 106 a game, we need to average 115-120 pts a game.

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I thought if you had more points than the other team you win.... shouldn't everyone be trying to outscore the opponent?

10. tnopham

tnopham Member

Not sure if you've ever seen this but.....

A lot of that standing around is by design. Usually the only ones "moving" are the pick setters. Ryno, Capela, or Nene.

hongxingli and J.R. like this.
  11. VivaChelseaFC

VivaChelseaFC Member

Inside the NBA is just fake news central. They vomit BS and nobody gives a ****.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, Shaq I think would get annoying for sure long term, hell maybe even short term. He basically just calls everyone idiots or blabbers about his rings..

13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Man, I just hate it when we win the game and lose the postgame show. Especially when it's at the Warriors. Don't know if I can stand for this to happen another 81 times.

Deuce, srrm, TracywtFacy and 4 others like this.
  14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

They'll probably do the same thing as they did to the Rockets last night, basically speak as if the Knicks lost. Was just silly. I have to admit though, if NYKs win it's probably going to be a miracle, even if OKC doesn't get to use 3 bballs at the same time :)

JayGoogle likes this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, I can go another 81 times like last night + the 16 req'd in playoffs :) I'll even watch the postgame show :)

16. rockpileindisma

@tinman how do you love this show so much!?

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's the best NBA show of all time
    Don't watch it if you don't like it. It goes for everything on TV.

People who watch Inside the NBA like it, they don't all admit they do. Why else do you watch it?

amaru likes this.
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The show got worse because of Shaq that's obvious

CCity Zero likes this.
  19. Raider17

Raider17 Member

I found it hilarious that the TNT crew thought OKC and Cleveland were the only "real threats" to beat Golden State even though we literally just beat them on their home floor. Nothing will convince these fools that we have a legit team

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

it used to be good when Charles used to dispense with the bullsh-t and say things others wouldn't normally say. That athletes would go out and get drunk and fight and feud and be petty and whatever, or that they weren't 1056% focused on winning every day all the time like we pretend they are. (ATHLETES, THEY'RE JUST LIKE PEOPLE!). IT was fresh.

It's no longer fresh, and as far as sharing outrageous hot takes . we may in fact already have TOO MUCH of that in society as a whole with the advent of social media etc. The takes are always hot, and they are always percolating, 24/7/365. He doesn't add much value in that sense because he does it on basic cable

The other problem is that his analysis (and Kenny and Charles) is almost a uniform dredging of standard jock-ocracy platitudes and cliches, over and over and over again. The kind of stuff that stopped being insightful sports analysis 20 years ago. Where's the stats nerds who currently rule the NBA that they like to deride so much? If I was the showrunner I'd bring in a foil for them who represents that angle....instead it's just their petty ego-driven disagreements that drive the storylines.

Richie_Rich likes this.