1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

5/11/2017: James Harden QUITS on the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, May 11, 2017.

1. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Hopefully he didn't "quit", but that Game 6 loss was dismal. Didn't think he would have topped that 12 TO game.

2. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Read my post again. It has nothing to do with what you have replied.

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Amazing that some still want to argue the reality of game 6....

0 fgas and 0 rebounds through the first quarter and half of an elimination isn't having an 'off game'... that's dgaf...

It is what it is... obviously James is the guy the organization has tied its future to - so hopefully we dont have any similar breakdowns in mental fortitude going forward...

but lets not do the whole revisionist history thing just because some people cant accept that their 'superstar' is a diva and capable of such transgressions....

He's human and he screwed up in a major way - realize it, accept it, move forward....

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

@vlaurelio just fainted.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

transgressions? LOL lone superstar had a better season the Lebron and Kawhi and had the heaviest load to carry and had the best success (3rd seed overall)

and just because he ran out of gas failed to single handedly carry a star-less rockets team past a clearly superior spurs team you whine and cry like a b!tch?

if you wanna put the blame on someone,

blame morey for not putting a superstar beside harden last year unlike 6 other stacked multi star studded contenders
    blame MDA for running harden to the ground unlike Kerr, Pops, and Lue
    if there's blame for harden, its for refusing to rest 10 games during the reg season like Lebron and Kawhi did to keep them fresh for the playoffs

#205 vlaurelio, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  6. vlaurelio

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

"whine and cry like a b****"? - no bro - just stating reality... sorry if reality gets your panties in a twist and interferes with your blind hero worshiping......

Rest assured, there was plenty of blame to go around for how that Spurs series went...

MDA ran guys into the ground - as he's done his whole career... The short lineups were just plain stupid - and he was still defending the stupidity of it right up to the beginning of game 6... smh... and he gets coach of the year....

Morey shoulda supplied more depth for the front court - as if MDA woulda played anybody else anyway.... it appeared Trez wasnt even considered - as Harden was left to guard guys down low...

but let's get real, man...

Yes, James had a great year - but if you think game 6 was just a matter of 'he ran outta gas' from the opening tipoff... I'm not gonna waste my time with someone who only sees what they want to see - and denies those things that are painfully evident...

Maybe James was pissed about the short lineups, maybe he was pissed bc he had to defend guys down low, maybe he was pissed because Trevor called him out after game 5 (as a few have mentioned)... idk... but he dgaf about game 6 from the opening tipoff - and it was evident.

As I said, the guy is human and he made a mistake - for whatever reason - it is what it is...

If you can't/won't/didn't see that... well, denial is more than just a river in Egypt...

#207 kjayp, Sep 19, 2017
    el gnomo, GermanRoxFan and swyyyguy like this.
  8. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

LeBron played more than that in extra playoff games. Good thing he doesn't subscribe to your bullshit, or he would just lay down on the court.

You are just blind...dude flat out quit. It's not the first time for Harden in the playoffs either.

kjayp, swyyyguy and cheke64 like this.
  9. vlaurelio

You guys really didnt closely watch games 1 to 93 of last year of Harden single-handedly carrying a bunch of role players to 3rd seed overall while being in the west only behind a super team and championship calibre team and ahead of the defending champions and other multi star studded teams which Lebron or Kawhi or Durant can't even do by themselves and producing the most points in league history next to archibald

Or I bet you haven't set on a basketball court all your life.

coz if you did then you should have been surprised that Harden hasn't been resting or injured at the beginning of the playoffs like the other superstars

let me give you some perspective and educate you

if you play basketball, do you know how many minutes until you start losing breath, sweating profusely, your legs and arms not responding, and need to rest or get injured?
    running up and down the court, heaving 3 pointers and layups some with contact, getting hacked,dishing assists, rebounding, defending, contesting, taking charges, going for loose balls, etc
    can you even just imagine doin that for 81 games let along at the most frantic pace and level? Lebron, Kawhi, Steph, KD, or CP3 definitely can't

please read and understand below how much physical and mental effort and energy Harden spent as a sole super star for a team (that you call yourself a fan of) of a bunch of rolepalyers with a GM who the 2nd most paid player in the team he put beside Harden is Ryan Anderson, with a coach who can't play a rotation of more than 7 players
    also you can see fresh and well-rested an already superior/multi-star championship calibre team was (you admitted this already) compared to Harden

and this just the reg season. let me know if you want me to include the first round of the playoffs and compare it to the spurs squad with its stars/former stars/defensive stoppers

played and started 81 games, 7 more games than lebron james and kawhi, 9 games more than LMA (spurs 2nd most minutes played next to kawhi), 20 games more than CP3 (too see why CP3 wanted to join up with Harden)
    played a total of 2947 minutes, 150 minutes more than lebron, 500 more minutes than kawhi, 600+ more minutes more than LMA, 1000+ more minutes than CP3
    scored a total of 2356 points, 400 points more than lebron, 500 more minutes than Kawhi, 1,100 more points more than LMA, 1200+ more points than CP3
    dished a total of 907 assists, 250 more asts than lebron, 650 more asts than kawhi, 750 more asts than LMA, 300+ more than CP3
    made a total of 262 3 pointers, 100+ more than lebron and kawhi, 200+ more than LMA, 100+ more than CP3
    rebounded the ball 659 times, more than lebron, 200 more than Kawhi, 100 more than LMA, 350+ more than CP3

deducing those numbers, it would be very safe to say Lebron spent 90%, Kawhi 80%, LMA 70%, and CP3 60% of the physyical and mental effort and energy that harden spent thru the reg season
    see the difference of playing with stars/former stars around you? kd, steph, dray, clay; lebron, ki, love; cp3, blake, dj; kawhi, LMA, Pau, Parker, Manu
    and resting games as a result of either fatigue or injury? harden missed a total of 1 game
    and championship calibre coach who can play more guys and pace their players especially their stars? pops=multiple rings, more finals, kerr=2 rings and counting, 3 finals and counting, doc=1 ring, couple of finals, MDA=1st yr coaching the rockets and 0 rings n 0 finals appearances

and before you all those numbers above are easy since harden doesn't play defense...

same deflections per game as Westbrook and Rondo more than Lebron, Anthony Davis, Durant
    same loose balls recorvered per game as Lebron, Anthony Davis, Draymond Green more than Durant and Klay
    same charges drawn as Lebron, Anthony Davis more than Steph Curry, Butler, George double that of Durant, Kawhi, Westbrook, Klay
    more 2pt shots contested than Lebron, Kawhi, Curry, George, Westbrook, Butler
    more 3pt shots contested than Lebron, Durant, Kawhi, Curry, Westbrook
    more overall shots contested than Lebron, Kawhi, Curry, Westbrook, Butler
    same defensive reb % as Lebron slight lower than Durant better than Kawhi, George, Butler, Klay, Curry
    and lastly, similar defensive rating as Lebron, Avery Bradley, Ariza, slight lower than George

and the end of the day you guys are just haters and whiners. your opinions doesn't matter

Les, Morey, Tilman, rest of the rockets players, CP3, Melo, Lebron, heck all the whole even GSW knows that Harden's frantic no rest pace in the reg season caused him to run out of gas in the playoffs againt a clearly superior, championship caliber, well coached, physical team, with a deep rotation

just like how CP3 run out of gas in the 1st round loss to as inferior team
    just like how WB run out of gas in the 1st round loss to us

#209 vlaurelio, Sep 19, 2017
  10. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

o_O
    CP3 last game : 38min, 28pts, 4reb, 9ast
    WB's last game : 42min, 47pts, 11reb, 9ast

el gnomo, kjayp and cheke64 like this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Vlaurelio getting exposed. Sad day for Harden fans.

el gnomo, kjayp and swyyyguy like this.
  12. vlaurelio

LOL you haters can even respond entirely to my post. you all are pathetic and misereable

lighten up deb

#212 vlaurelio, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  13. vlaurelio

so everything I said all you haters can't rebuke?

CP3's last game: https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201704300LAC.html
    13 points at home eliminated by a inferior and younger team who hasn't been to the playoffs in years

WB's last game: eliminated in 5 games (gentleman's sweep) by a Harden carried team

you know the CP3 and the whole banana boat crew wanna join up with Harden right?

and you really nuthugging this guy? the same guy KD ran away from?

#213 vlaurelio, Sep 20, 2017
  14. MoonBus

Not a hater. I watched that game and I did not see a player that was out of gas. I saw a player that was timid for whatever reason. 1 game does not define a player, but you have to admit it looked bad.

I put up those stats because I recalled distinctively WB played his heart out in that last game.
    I did not see CP3's last game so I looked it up but pulled the wrong #s, my apologies for that.

kjayp and GermanRoxFan like this.
  15. vlaurelio

yeah you watched A game. but did you watch all the previous games of the playoffs and regular season?

just curious why do you think Lebron James and Kawhi Lenard took 10 games rest during the regular season?

and what do you think Morey, CP3, Melo, Ariza, Nene, Tucker, LMM saw in the Rocket's last game?
    a plain heartless quitter
    or
    a guy who played insane basketball at a frantic pace MVP runner up level/almost record breaking perfomance for 91 games with only 1 game rest and carried the heaviest load with relatively most success during the regular season and playoffs and simply run out of help and gas against a clearly superior multi star championship caliber well coached and physical team?

#215 vlaurelio, Sep 20, 2017
  16. MoonBus

Yes I did watched the whole playoff and 90% of the regular season games. Where did I say he is a quitter if that is what you are insinuating? I'm saying that in that one very important game, he did not play his heart out. That is not the same as talking about his whole body of work. I am not in the heads of Morey, CP3, etc... , so who knows what they think and you don't know either.

I did not come into this thread carrying a torch, i just found your statement about both WB & CP3 running out of gas & putting up terrible #s in their last games amusing, especially comparing to Harden. One can say whatever about WB, but we can't say he didn't give it his all or ran out of gas in his last game.

It is just one game (a very import game though), if this becomes a trend in the next few years, then I'll worry about it.

17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

So @vlaurelio is saying it's okay to quit in the final game when it matters the most against a team without their two best players in an elimination game at home as long as you play hard in a bunch of games before that.

He forgives Harden for quitting. Some other fans like @cheke64, @MoonBus, and @kjayp are NOT okay with quitters.

18. vlaurelio

are Morey, MDA, CP3, Melo, Ariza, Nene, Tucker, LMM okay with quitters?

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Kinda just looks like you listing all your other accounts

20. vlaurelio

you think Morey, MDA, CP3, Melo, Ariza, Nene, Tucker, LMM feel the same way as you?