1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks committed to completing deal with rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 18, 2017.

1. RCPM

RCPM Member

Yes, head inside his ass.

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

You guys training camp is still like 2 months away. The rush to get Melo on the team now means what? I mean it will be nice to see the press conference and have it be official and all but no games will be played until what early October now? There is still plenty of time for things to happen having a deal done today isn't going to effect anything as I cant imagine the Rockets making any other significant moves right now after the ones they have made so far. They really have no real options - the guys they wont trade right now are Harden, CP3, Ariza (IMO) and possibly Capela. Everyone else on this roster probably is trade-able with the right player coming back (ie: team usa player) but I don't believe outside of Melo there is any other team usa player available that would be had for spare parts.

I do agree that its a bit annoying to keep hearing the media keep saying how its at the "2-yard line" and seemingly multiple tv-timeouts are being taken and the refs keep checking the spot of the ball - but really there are no games to be played in August or september that matter. Things will happen when they need to happen. To be honest even if no trade with Melo happens I am still really happy with the moves the Rockets have made this off season

3. robgue

robgue Member
    Supporting Member

4. Joshua0312

Joshua0312 Member

No, I have been a huge rockets can since the late 80's. I lived in Houston my whole life until a few years ago when I was relocated to the bay area. I live in the east bay near where a few "executives" call their home. I happened to come across someone I work with who knows an assistant gm from out here. After meeting this person and realizing he is not that nice of a guy I didn't really try to t all to him much. But this melo stuff was dragging on so I got in touch with him and just asked a few questions because he has a tendency to talk too much. His info told me what I have told you. I hate hearing it too because I want melo in Houston. I want the banana boat team. I want another champion. But this is what I was told. I am only passing it along too. If you don't want to believe it that is ok I am not asking you to. I just want to soften the blow if this guy turns out to be right

5. RocketStan

RocketStan Member

For real this time. I'm not falling for these troll tweets anymore. Woj, Shams or bust. Though I've said this a few times before :rolleyes:

heypartner, DonKnock and amaru like this.
  6. The Veeg

The Veeg Contributing Member

I agree.. I think I've got a good shot at the prize.

DonKnock and ElDobleK like this.
  7. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

**LEADING CANDIDATE NOW**

DanO 337 and DonKnock like this.
  8. Possum

Possum Member

hmmmm....

DonKnock likes this.
  9. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I think it happens, next couple days.

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'm an insider too. My sauces is the assistant to the assistant GM of an East Coast team.

He tells me its happening

11. DanO 337

DanO 337 Member

10mins!

DonKnock likes this.
  12. aroundtheblock2

So an "assistant GM" from a team not involved in the trade talks? Thats at best? Again, I wouldn't believe that guy for a second. There's probably a lot of GM's in the league that aren't privy to whats going on in the trade talks. I think this guy just probably wanted to be seen as a guy "in the loop", when the reality is that he knows no more than what the media reports like the rest of us. Believe it or not, not every organization has this "in club" where every single person in the "club" is all in it together just scheming while the rest of us on the outs try to figure **** out. As you may have known, there are even high level government officials that even hear about their own terminations through the media.

I don't consider this assistant GM, who clearly seems not anywhere near involved with the trade, as a credible source. Especially if he's just spouting this information out randomly to people.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Ok, explain why Melo would be frustrated with the ROCKETS of all teams in this scenario?? Not pulling the trigger?? As if the ROCKETS are the ones hesitating on the deal?? You understand why that makes absolutely no sense, right??

Also, last time I checked, an Assistant GM usually doesn't get that position by being a loose-lipped troll. Either this guy is vastly overblowing his role with the team, or he's ****ing with you.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  14. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Mills: "Daryl, what's taking so long for you to respond?"
    Morey: "Hold up, man, I need to relay everything that's going on to the assistant GM to the Clippers."
    Mills: "WTF, why?"
    Morey: "Gotta get dat insider status for Joshua on Clutchfans".

primtim24, Baqui99, bigred77 and 2 others like this.
  15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I guess you could say Melo could be getting frustrated that the Rockets have been unwilling to add anything to the deal to get it done

16. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

On my 2k fantasy draft i managed to draft and trade my way to cp3, harden, and melo. My 2k sources tell me its awesome and melo is sick at spot up open 3s.

Bids9 and betterhomesbytj like this.
  17. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

we shall see

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That frustration should still be directed towards the Knicks because they're the ones who told him it was a done deal, then reneged and are now holding out for more.

sammy likes this.
  19. Bids9

Bids9 Member

Laugh so hard if its tweeted right on 5:45

DonKnock, DanO 337 and bigred77 like this.
  20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

are folks actually counting down this fake insider's nonsense to the make-believe time he gave for when a deal would get done?

Bids9 likes this.