1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: "Morey painting a salary cap manipulation masterpiece"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by napalm06, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Lol; where did you find this. Max player most of his career, he can't afford a trailer. Lol

2. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We have to be better as Rocket fans. While this is a great move by Morey, for every great move we have a Ryan Anderson signing to offset this. So while I like the CP trade, wake me up when he lands the third piece, because without that 3rd piece, we may struggle to reach playoffs and look like Portland.

When he pulls a GSW, and we win 2 titles in 3 years. I will get on his bandwagon.

I still don't like how he treats players (chest pieces instead of people) and feel this doesn't allow us to obtain all the pieces we need to win championships. Also, GSW accomplished this by drafting and developing Curry, Klay, and Draymond.

3. DMO (DJ remix)

You lost me there.

4. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Morey needs to get a tattoo of CP (+other pending free agent acquisition) on his forearm, then come out the first game and stand at half court, put one hand to his ear and with the other summon the crowd to increase their applause. He grabs the edge of his sleeve and holds it up to the crowd, showing it to each side of the stadium in turn. Then suddenly pulls the sleeve back revealing the Chris Paul tattoo and says "I told y'all I had something up my sleeve :D"

hakeem94 and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

You realize the rockets haven't had a top 10 pick since they drafted Yao Ming at number 1.

Very hard to build through the draft when your picking in the mid teens on down.

And this whole thing about look at golden state? Golden state is an outlier.

And tbh had they not signed KD teams like Cleveland were going to pass them by anyways. Team like houston and SA were catching up.

They caught the league off guard with the three point shooting. Now everyone shoots threes.

Adding KD is the piece nobody can replicate.

They knew they needed KD to truely compete for chips every single year.

Good for them.

But let's not act like they just are better at developing drafting and recruiting.

They got a major break with the salary cap spike and the fact that even they didn't think curry was a max level player let alone an MVP guy when they signed him for 11m in 2012

Morey is the wizard of the NBA he's the best at shuffling the deak and adding talent.

If your not a star your an asset that can be moved and if you don't think like that in any industry your in most often you will be passsd by.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

and btw just because other GM's may suck or don't operate at the same level of Houston's should be of no fault of morey's

7. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Pretty sure he had to borrow Shaq's suit for some weird reason IIRC lol.

9. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

What I mean, we don't land a PG, Melo, Milsap, Gay, etc.. The team as constructed right now will struggle to reach playoffs (Portland was the 8th seed). Especially with the way Ryan Anderson has regressed. IMHO...

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

As if we're finished dealing. Come on, now.

As for the "struggle to reach the playoffs", well, only if there's an injury to one of our top two guys.

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

This is absolutely comical.

12. ImMikeV

ImMikeV Member

Chest piece?
    [​IMG]

13. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

his flight loss his luggage and he had to borrow a suit is what he said explaining why his suit was so big lol