1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Carmelo Anthony to sign with Rockets if buyout reached

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Jun 28, 2017.

1. threepointshot3

In any Anthony Trade Ryno is gone

2. mockster

mockster Member

Melo is an upgrade over Anderson period.

Guy is still a legitimate all star, one of the only guys we could realistically get that get compete with Lebron James or Kevin Durant. If we don't get paul Goerge we defiantly need to take Melo as our SF. It's such an important position. I would rather take Millsap or Griffin but I think Melo gives us an even better chance at a ring as odd as that sounds

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

To me the options go by FGA+FTA (ultimately ppg), what your describing to me sounds like ball handlers.

4. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Melo with two of the greatest playmakers in the league (and arguably of all time) would be something special. Mike D'antoni will find a way for it to work out well. The only thing we worry about now are ego's and locker room issues. If these men are smart, which I believe they are, they will notice that setting aside your ego (KD) and buying into team bal will get you that ring. If this happens, we will make it work. They want to be the first to start the battle royale with the Warriors and Cavs

BigShasta likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I was assuming a buyout, but yes in a trade, Anderson would likely (hopefully) be gone

but we would still have a full TPE to bring in another valuable rotation player.

6. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

WTF are you taking about.....??? 2 years ago Harden was the number 1 clutch player in the NBA, Chris Paul literally won the series against the spurs 2 years ago, not to mention hits the game winning shot at the buzzer.....!!!!

#206 ryano2009, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    Joshfast likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

well for me it doesn't just come down to just those two factors. it's the entire game as a whole.

8. Asian Sensation

Can't speak for others but when I said 3rd or 4th option I meant in terms of 3rd or 4th best player.

9. choujie

choujie Member

I don't see how one ball and three ball dominant players can work.

10. MD_in_Training

They would have to sacrifice. Look at Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. Before joining up, they were all "ball dominant players."

Manos likes this.
  11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

It's not how much Melo scores, but in what manner. He's very much an iso scorer, posting up 15 feet away and setting himself up for a jumpshot. He's a decent catch and shoot option, but that's a small part of his arsenal. He'll need to adjust his game to play off of the other two. He's just not as good of an option as they are. He's noticeably less effective than he was just a few years ago whereas CP3 and Harden are elite.

12. Snacks

Snacks New Member

It's gonna be Anderson, the other Ryan, and a draft pick for Melo... kinda has to be, right?

Fulgore likes this.
  13. the shark

the shark Member

He thrives best in a slow it down style, which isn't what the Rockets want to do. However in the playoffs, when things do slow down a bit, especially in the 4th Qtr, having a guy like Melo would be huge.

Not saying he can't thrive in an up style offense, but he certainly didn't want to do it when MD was the coach of the Knicks. Maybe playing with Paul and Harden would make him more open to it. If he's not why even come here!!

14. papoose115

papoose115 Member

i might be late but espn reported that if carmelo reaches a buyout then he's gonna go to cavs and he would lift his no trade clause to come to houston. woj tweeted this yesterday

15. MD_in_Training

The question is what the Knicks will take for him. Is Ryno and filler enough to get him? At this point, EG and Capela are untouchable unless it's for PG.

16. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

17. theh

theh Member

Bye Felicia

18. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

da f lol...might be late???? You do realize it's the name of the thread right??

Obito likes this.
  19. Asian Sensation

#1 clutch player? He was abysmal against the Clips the entire series and choked against GSW. He surely wasn't clutch at the end of game 5 this year and sure as hell wasn't in game 6. He was on the bench the entire 4th in the miracle game 6 against the Clips when we got bailed out by Smoove, Jones and Sewer? What about when he choked away games 1 and 2 at the end against the Warriors? That costly turnover at the end did you forget? What about the year before when he got shut down by freaking Wes Matthews and lost in the first round when we had the best player and superior team?

Chris Paul lost in the first round this year in a game 7 at home. He lost in the first round the year before. The year before that he lost to us ironically with a 3 games to 1 lead. Paul has never made it to the WCF. A whole lotta first and 2nd round exits on his resume.

I'm excited about the two teaming together and the new season but as I stated they're far from Clutch.

Talk about selective memory.

20. papoose115

papoose115 Member

well yesterday stephen a smith said if melo gets a buyout or lifts his no trade clause he was going to come to rockets. today espn said that he would go to cavs if its a buyout and rox if its a trade. and tweet says they are not looking for a buyout and they are looking for a trade... when i said i might be late i meant "hopefully nobody posted this before". sorry should have been clearer.