1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Traded to Rockets!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 28, 2017.

?

Do you like the trade of Beverley, LouWill, Dekker, Harrell, 1st rounder to LAC for Chris Paul

Poll closed Jul 19, 2017.
  1. YES

676 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. NO

87 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

For the first year.. it really did. And one year is probably all we'll get anyways.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I somehow read it as "fap up his sleeve" and was seriously confused.

ramotadab likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yes. I'm thinking there's another deal out there being put together, probably sending out Ryan Anderson somehow. Right now in order to make the money work in this deal we basically have to send every young player on the roster.

4. DMO (DJ remix)

Who said we cant play Avengers bhuahahahaha

DonKnock likes this.
  5. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Tom Haberstroh

As someone who covered the 2011 Miami Heat experiment, Chris Paul joining James Harden in Houston is no less fascinating as the South Beach one. Everyone wants to know: how will a ball-dominant Paul fare next to Harden, the guy who led the NBA in ball-possession time last season? Per NBA.com SportVU data, Harden ranked first with 8.9 minutes per game while Paul checked in at 7.2 minutes per game, good for seventh in the NBA. Keep in mind, Paul played about five fewer minutes per game than Harden. Something has to give. Yes, there's only one ball in Houston, but Paul is a crazy-good shooter off the ball. Last season he shot a ridiculous 49.3 percent on catch-and-shoot 3-pointers. Harden himself shot an above-average 38.3 percent. To summarize: they're great on or off the ball. Good luck defending that, NBA.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

He could join us for a rental decided spurs is better and leave us for nothing after a season. So is harden back to his original position?

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Let's sign him!

AceOfSpades and Caesar like this.
  8. threepointshot3

We had 10 million in cap space already so we could have absorbed the rest of paul's deal.

DonKnock and pippendagimp like this.
  9. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

Love the trade hate losing Beverley let's have the super team wouldn't mind to have Blake Griffin too Let's GO Rockets

10. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Or like, "get down or gsw gon make you lay down"

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I have been one of the biggest Pat Bev fans on this board since his rookie year.

I love him. But if it costs him to get the best PG in the league that can also play defense and has a nasty personality on the court, then so be it.

Team always comes first.

Those of you that are upset at losing Bev, you guys do understand that Chris Paul has the same tenacity as Bev, but is also a much better basketball player right?

We wanted a ball handler and a creator to help Harden. We got the best pg in the league to do that who also happens to be All NBA first team defender.

Stop whining.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

13. justtxyank

Are you kidding? Fat jokes are huge here on clutchfans. Morey haters love cheetoh jokes.

don grahamleone and Pen15clubber like this.
  14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

There is like 49 people in this thread that need to read this

15. treeman

treeman Member

Westbrook took home the MVP, but Harden reeled in a CP3. Looks like everyone would rather play with Harden, so what does that tell you?

16. justtxyank

I've been making this point for weeks now. Chris Paul is an elite catch and shoot 3 point man. The only concern with Harden off the ball is effort.

topfive, Pen15clubber and Yung-T like this.
  17. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Can we make this it's own thread please?

DonKnock and BigShasta like this.
  18. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I agree with everything you said. Now, CP3 at age 32.......how much would you say he has left in the tank to be elite or VERY VERY good?

ghettocheeze likes this.
  19. rockpileindisma

She a walrus tho

20. SuraGotMadHops

Chris Paul got the innanent goin nuts, but D-Morey got my back so now I'm holdin my nutz.