1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SciFi Cinema?] John Goodman & Mary Elizabeth Winstead's '10 Cloverfield Lane'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Jan 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yeah exactly. I was thinking to myself watching the movie through most of with trying to figure out where Cloverfield was going to be brought into this because it was mostly a psychological thriller for 95% of the movie. After I kind of figured all the SciFi would happen once she escaped, I thought there would be more than that 15-20 minutes. Either way I really liked the movie though.

Agreed, John Goodman was terrific.

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Great movie, went in knowing very little about it. Definitely worth it not knowing much other than a trailer or 2. Definitely surprised at end.

3. dmoneybangbang

4. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

It was good but I was slightly disappointed, it moved a little bit slower than I had expected.

5. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

i liked the ending, too many movies like this will end and show credits just as she escapes and your left wondering what else happened.

6. trigun333

trigun333 Member

Saw the movie this past Friday and it was a great movie. Something different to watch. I though the movie was well paced and the final act was definitely not expected. John Goodman's performance was great in this film. Recommend you see this movie on the big screen.

Did anyone see this in IMAX??

Also, I may the only one wanting this, I would of liked 10 more minutes at the end or some sort of epilogue.

7. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I enjoyed the movie. I went in not knowing anything about it and have never seen Cloverfield. I just wanted to see something and I really enjoy John Goodman.

It wasn't a great movie by any means, but it was a fun watch and is enjoyable.

8. likestohypeguy

I actually really liked the twists, goodman was awesome in making me hate him (the kids meh), just way too intense for me. I do like psychological thrillers & sci-fi, scary movies with not too much horror. This was just too much tension and intensity throughout, for my enjoyment. Still, very well done.

Even the sound, this was the loudest movie I've ever been to. Idk if that was specified by the movie, or if my theater had it too loud. Either way that contributed to wearing me out on it, until the end.

9. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

They'll probably make another since it's 2 movies in the same universe already.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Halfway through the movie, I was thinking that the connection would be that Goodman was the monster....ending surprised me.

12. Asian Sensation

Just watched it on Amazon Prime. It's like I watched 2 separate movies. The thriller side was very good. I hate sci-fi but this has my interest. Oh and Goodman is so good man.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have watched my fair amount of Winstead.

[​IMG]

14. underoverup

underoverup Member

He's not that fat.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

smh.

unlike.