1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank Morey for Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 14, 2017.

1. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Give us either klay or green and we win ring.

2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Strangely, a lot of my co-workers and friends semi-follows the Rockets because they are in Houston. If you ask them the 5 players on the team, they would not know. It is the game that they don't adore. If you ask my buddies about the soccer team in Dynamo, they would not know 1 player. It is the game they said too boring to watch. If Rockets need to takeover the Texans, they need more feel good stories. JJ Watt gets a lot of those like donating money to a kid that may have brain damage, a lady asking for JJ Watt shoes, or Watt gave a kid a jersey because his was torn in a car wreck. Rockets you don't hear that, only organized events.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

grz had an avg offense to go with their elite defense. that got them out of the first round at least 3x past 5yrs

we've had top 10 offense since harden was here. made it past the first round once

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

thats exactly because we wanted both O and D to be elite

and top ten isnt even close to top 3 we can be now if we throw out of lineups offense crippled people and replace them with pure shooters

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Amen! I tell my sons to watch as much as they can of him, because it's not common for a franchise to have a player of this caliber. We are lucky to get to watch his development and career.

gifford1967 likes this.
  6. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

nobody thought harden would be this good, i know i didnt. And the scary thing is when you think he has peaked like last year he gets better. What if he gets better again next year by raising his shooting percentages

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Our fans get a bad rap. I know many like myself that don't miss a shot. The media will pick up on them later in the season just like they do with the Astros. Football is a different animal.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Corey Brewer can probably play QB better than Brock.

9. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

cant deny that

10. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

the houston texans should be treated how clevland treats the browns until they show they can out an explosive offensive

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

I feel like the rockets do more community service events. But that may just be because I follow the team closer.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Houston is a bad basketball town. I have been to a ton of games and the stadium unless it is lakers or some other big team is not even full.

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

D'Antoni can probably coach better than O'Brien.

14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

I don't disagree that we are blessed with one of the best players in the post-modern era of basketball in James Harden.

However, you can't call a fan "stupid" for liking one sport more than another. The Rockets are clearly better than the Texans in their respective sports but if someone cares about one sport more than another, that's their opinion. That's just the way it is in a football dominated state such as Texas.

RockWest likes this.
  15. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

I agree. The only sport I read about is Basketball. ESPN puts all kinds of things on the page. I simply do not care about anything else.

16. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Thats actually pretty badass. Looks like he'd be an Odell-esque receiver with that #13!

swyyyguy likes this.
  17. jayydela

jayydela Member

Thank goodness for James Harden. Single handedly resurrected Houston Basketball to relevancy. Hopefully more fans take note and show support

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

No. It is stupid.

Why is it a completely football dominated state with the disparity in fandom so vast?

In the past 30 years the Rockets and Astros (aside for about a 5 year stretch for both) have been the dominant teams in Houston.

These two teams have had amazing hall of fame caliber players on them and have been in the playoffs, conference finals, World Series, and even won a couple of championships.

Yet, the average fan in Houston doesn't give a **** about them compared to the Texans.

It's disgusting how much the support is lacking for the Rockets and the Astros. And it's not as if I dislike the Texans. Im a Texans fan.

Houston fans, however, are definitely stupid and it is not because they like the Texans more. It's because by and large the average person in Houston does not appreciate the other sports teams we have. It's really shitty.

Yeah football is great and all. But our other teams have amazing players and deserve better fans year round, not just in the playoffs.

#38 DudeWah, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Shut up Lawrence. I'll call you a stupid fan because you're a fan of garbage teams - egg ball Texans and Dallas Mavericks. LOL

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Have you been to playoff game? They are quite lively.